Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: WITH FURTHER ADO  (Read 79406 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:WITH FURTHER ADO
« Reply #300 on: January 27, 2007, 11:34:31 PM »

...and since I was only a short drive from Star of India I had me some tasty buffet!

Have you tried the India Palace?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #301 on: January 27, 2007, 11:40:23 PM »

I'm listening to The Painted Veil soundtrack - very pretty, but one theme is very close to something David Shire wrote (I think it's David - maybe it's John Williams).

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #302 on: January 28, 2007, 12:04:43 AM »

Back from a long day with me mum. The highlight of the day was of course getting to Royce Hall and finding that the seats next to us were occupied by dear beloved Frank Sele, my stage craft teacher who has his own Organ built into his house. We talked about The Brain and HHS (he is the only teacher who came to support The Brain) and I was very happy! The movie (1924 version of Peter Pan) was beautiful, and Betty Bronson did the character real justice at times, although at times I feel she was too fluttery. Peter Pan is one of my two dream roles- The other being Blanche DuBois. All in good time...

I must say I was shocked at the reaction of the children in attendance. They were annoyed at the fact the actors would not speak out loud and they had to read, and that there was no color. Instead of their parents explaining to them that it was a silent movie, the children were simply told to stay quite and they could have ice cream later if they were good....These children (5-10ish) could not even pay attention and try to figure it out, they would simply ask what was happening in a bored or annoyed tone of voice every 2 minutes. Another comment heard all over the theater was "Thats not how it happen in the cartoon!"

Kids!  What's the matter with kids today??

;)

(It's also the Topic of the Day. ;D)

« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 12:16:42 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #303 on: January 28, 2007, 12:05:43 AM »

Keith’s uncle good use some vibes even though he is currently out of danger.  He has been in the hospital with blood clots following hip surgery.  It will be awhile before he can return home.  

Keith’s aunt could use some “be safe” vibes.  She doesn’t feel comfortable about the area the hospital is located.  She goes to the hospital in the morning and leaves in the afternoon, never staying late.

~~~Vibes for DR Jane's Keith's Uncle and Aunt!!!~~~

« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 12:06:38 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #304 on: January 28, 2007, 12:13:50 AM »

I just returned from seeing Pan's Labrynth. I was so sleep deprived and the theatre was hot and stuffy and the movie was very graphic, so I fell asleep in the middle of it. When we left, we realized that my DH had turned 50! And a very cute 50 he is, too!

Happy Birthday to DR Edisaurus' DH!! ;D

George

« Reply #305 on: January 28, 2007, 12:17:44 AM »

When I did a little shopping today I had a sudden craving for Indian food...and since I was only a short drive from Star of India I had me some tasty buffet!

They had something new on the buffet...Curry Goat. It was really good! I had never had goat before. Maybe not as good as possum, but tasty never-the-less.

:o When have you had possum??

George

« Reply #306 on: January 28, 2007, 12:22:31 AM »

Today, I went to work and got a lot done.  I listened to the second half of Spring Awakinging (I continually got distracted with my work...I hate it when that happens, so I'm definitely going to have to listen to it again, and soon) and Loving Repeating.  Okay, I didn't understand the cubist poetry, or what it is, but I love Stephen Flaherty's music, so that made up for what I didn't get. ;) Otherwise, I quite enjoyed it.

George

« Reply #307 on: January 28, 2007, 12:24:25 AM »

But I have to go to bed now.  I'm very tired and I desperately need to brush my teeth and get some sleep. ;D Good night.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up