Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BROKEN RECORD  (Read 82328 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE BROKEN RECORD
« Reply #300 on: January 29, 2007, 05:30:13 PM »

It the court date isn't until mid march it isn't that tricky, you're just risking another ticket.  Do you feel lucky?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #301 on: January 29, 2007, 05:31:31 PM »

As for "Grease...", Seth Rudetsky's commentary over at Playbill.com is quite funny (as usual), and dead on.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #302 on: January 29, 2007, 05:34:16 PM »

It the court date isn't until mid march it isn't that tricky, you're just risking another ticket.  Do you feel lucky?

Lucky? No.  It's just that I won't be driving the car for the next two weeks - it's going to be parked here in Richmond.  So... I'm going to call my mechanic in the morning, and see if I can go ahead and set up an appointment for when I get back.  Now, if the car happens to get towed while it's parked down here, well... -But I don't think they can do that since an expired inspection sticker is a "moving violation".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #303 on: January 29, 2007, 05:35:21 PM »

...And then after February 15, I will be car-free and car-less anyway, so...
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #304 on: January 29, 2007, 05:37:01 PM »

Sounds like a plan

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #305 on: January 29, 2007, 05:37:30 PM »

Imagine the trouble poor George had wresting meat off those scraggly miners.

der Brucer

If you only knew!!  

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #306 on: January 29, 2007, 05:45:55 PM »

As for "Grease..." - again...

-Like DR MattH and others, I just don't see "it" in Ashley A.  What I do see is desperation.  Major desperation.  I see it all the time, unfortunately.  These actors and actresses get stuck in a mode where they just so want to get a job, that they start confusing their "want" with practice and preparation.  And they hope beyond hope that the people behind the table will see how much they want the job, that they will give them the job.  Alas, even though there is the occasional fluke, just telling and showing the "judges" how much you want to work for them is not what is going to get you the job.  You gotta show up!

Sadly, with David Ian - and/or the producers of the show - showing up on her doorstep and asking her to come back on the show, they just got her hopes up again, and they validated her "want".  And there's just no way that she will ever be Sandy once the show goes into rehearsals.

*Although, now we know why they spent so much time with Matt and Ashley during the taped shows.

**And, again, I'm glad the other "losers" were spared the spotlight and air time.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #307 on: January 29, 2007, 05:46:44 PM »

As for "Grease...", Seth Rudetsky's commentary over at Playbill.com is quite funny (as usual), and dead on.

DR Jose - thanks for the prompt.  I'd looked for Seth's comments a couple of times earlier today - he sure called it like I saw it!  Poor Richard thought the next show would be the last and we'd know in 2 weeks how it all turns out.  He 'bout lost it when I told him it would go on for weeks...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #308 on: January 29, 2007, 05:52:01 PM »

As for Lobster Rolls - Love 'em.  However, the one at Joe Allen is a bit of a disappointment.  The lobster salad is pretty good, but they serve it on Wonder Bread.  Well, it tasted like Wonder Bread to me when I had it last time. :-\

However, Legal Seafood has a wonderful Lobster Roll.

However...  I just wish they weren't so expensive.

However... I do love me a good Clam Roll too, and those are always quite the culinary bargain.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #309 on: January 29, 2007, 05:55:34 PM »

LOL Ginny.  I would never even get Keith to watch the show.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #310 on: January 29, 2007, 05:56:07 PM »

DR Jose - thanks for the prompt.  I'd looked for Seth's comments a couple of times earlier today - he sure called it like I saw it!  Poor Richard thought the next show would be the last and we'd know in 2 weeks how it all turns out.  He 'bout lost it when I told him it would go on for weeks...

My condolences to DH Richard.  Remember, he doesn't have to watch the show next week.  Well, it won't be on anyway due to the Superbowl.  ;)

Although, I do have to wonder just how many more weeks the show will go on.  I figured that there was a finite number of shows based on the number of contestants, eliminations.  But then there was that announcement a few weeks ago that they were "given" two more weeks of live rounds. ???

Maybe there will be another "big twist", ya' think?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #311 on: January 29, 2007, 05:57:31 PM »

But it was nice that Billy Bush finally acknowledged the original Sandy and Danny from the original Broadway production.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #312 on: January 29, 2007, 06:00:27 PM »

Maybe there will be another "big twist", ya' think?

Chubby Checker as Danny?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #313 on: January 29, 2007, 06:03:29 PM »

It's Telly Time!

(Tube not Tubby)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ginny

« Reply #314 on: January 29, 2007, 06:51:36 PM »

LOL Ginny.  I would never even get Keith to watch the show.  

LOL, Jane.  I think he thought last night was a one-time thing, so he'd tolerate it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #315 on: January 29, 2007, 06:54:09 PM »

We've been watching Unwrapped on the Food Network.  Does anyone know how one gets to be in the background of the restaurant set on which Marc Summers does the intros to the segments?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #316 on: January 29, 2007, 07:20:33 PM »

Back from dining, and shall now watch a motion picture.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #317 on: January 29, 2007, 07:22:53 PM »

Have just read BK's post and will start preparing my dinner.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #318 on: January 29, 2007, 07:31:30 PM »

Darn, we forgot to take a photo of Sherlock today in honor of his turning six months.  We did remember to stop at the Vet’s and weigh him.  At 76 pounds he looks great.  He was very good on our hike this morning and in the afternoon when we walked in town.  Now I’m about to give him a new toy.

‘night.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #319 on: January 29, 2007, 07:51:33 PM »

I watched a British film tonight, AKA, sort of a Brit version of SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION, about an 18 year-od lower class boy who passed himself off as Alexander Gryffoyn. son of Lady Griffoyn, and stole a lot of credit cards to live well in Paris before ending up in prison.  Turns out it's an autobiographical film by the director Duncan Roy.  It was quite interesting.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #320 on: January 29, 2007, 08:01:15 PM »

I don't eat fish, but DFBML (Dear Furry Brown Meowing Lump) is quite fond of tuna. And I like goldfishy crackers.

That's all I got.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #321 on: January 29, 2007, 08:01:18 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, it's been a long day... And since we plan to get tomorrow started around 6:30AM...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #322 on: January 29, 2007, 08:06:13 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, it's been a long day... And since we plan to get tomorrow started around 6:30AM...

Goodnight.

DR Jose, tell Steve howdy and have a safe trip.

Good night!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #323 on: January 29, 2007, 08:25:09 PM »

TOD:
when I worked in San Diego there was an excellent little restaurant next to my office called Catch of the Day. What great food they had! Not only great fish, but great soups and salads as well. I know I stayed at that job far longer just because of that restaurant.

MUSIC GUY mentioned a Scoma's in SF. Didn't know about that one. Scoma's in Palm Springs used to be a favorite of mine. Lovely sole.

I do love salmon and sea bass. I eat a lot of fish and chips, especially now that there's a Dublin-style chipper nearby. I'm quite the regular there. (Being right across the street from my favorite video store doesn't hurt.)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #324 on: January 29, 2007, 08:37:32 PM »

Boy, it sure has slowed down here tonight!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #325 on: January 29, 2007, 08:41:16 PM »

DR TPunk - Although the book is better, the TV adaptation of "The Lost Language of Cranes" might work for your group.

That's a great suggestion. I found it a beautiful film.

ANDRE'S MOTHER is a good short drama.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #326 on: January 29, 2007, 08:41:19 PM »

I took a fellow editor who makes my video links out to dinner, along with my DH. I had fish tacos with spinach and mango salsa in honor of the TOD. I murdered a margarita as well. It was that kind of day.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

« Reply #327 on: January 29, 2007, 08:45:06 PM »

My condolences to DH Richard.  Remember, he doesn't have to watch the show next week.  Well, it won't be on anyway due to the Superbowl.  ;)

Well, there won't be a new episode, but NBC is rerunning the series up to this point next Sunday as counterprogramming to the Super Bowl.

Matt H.

« Reply #328 on: January 29, 2007, 08:46:36 PM »

I finished the first disc of ALEXANDER. Alexander's entrance into Babylon was stupendous in its scope, sharpness, and color. Astonishing transfer - one of the best standard transfers I've ever seen.

Matt H.

« Reply #329 on: January 29, 2007, 08:47:35 PM »

Rather than put in the second isc, however, I wanted a change of pace, so I put in an old reliable - GOLDFINGER. Still as entertaining and fast paced as ever.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up