Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BROKEN RECORD  (Read 82164 times)

Ben

Re:THE BROKEN RECORD
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2007, 04:31:11 AM »

That's better. Page 2. But I have to wash my oatmeal bowl so I will return later.

FJL

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2007, 04:59:10 AM »

And Ben is closing in on post #4000

Michael

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2007, 05:00:40 AM »

TOD

Not a big fish eater, but I do like Shrimp and Lobster but too much cholestrerol.

But A good salmon is also nice
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2007, 05:12:15 AM »

Good morning, all!  Yesterday was indeed a long day in Toyland but we finished the opening number of Act One which is quite long but contains some wonderful orchestral sounds.

Today, I have a visit to Times Square Studio to hear a bit of sound mixing.  I have some work on my Toyland report for Act Two, and I just began to print out a copy of the new libretto.

TOD:
  Last night I had shrimp with garlic sauce at my fave Chinese place
  I also like grilled salmon and tuna
  Lobster, crab, scallops are all mighty fine
  No calamari, octopoi, eel, please; I've always found calamari has the texture of eating one of those rubber fingers for sorting papers that office supply places used to sell.  And may still.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2007, 05:19:36 AM »

Good morning early denizens.

We didn't have fish on Saturday (our big dinner on Long Island for our lovely British friends). We had glazed ham, new potatoes in butter with parsley, mixed vegetables and biscuits. We also had a great chutney which our friend brought from Marks & Spencers. For dessert we had two different cakes (both coated in chocolate frosting), espresso and assorted liqueurs and cordials. We laughed and laughed and had a such a good time that our friends didn't leave until 10:43 which meant they got back to Penn Station at midnight. Ah, well. It was worth it.

I love shrimp, lobster, King crab (soft shell crab and regular crab is too much work) and most of all, salmon.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2007, 06:08:47 AM »

Hold tight,
Hold tight,
A-hold tight, hold tight
Fododo-de-yacka saki
Want some sea food, mama!
Shrimps and rice--
They're very nice!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2007, 06:20:06 AM »

I actually had a simply delish salmon steak, grilled smokey on the bar-b-q, Saturday night.  Yum!

I like trout and tuna, too, but I'm a rather wasteful eater because I overcautiously pick around the bones.

But I guess my favorite is shellfish--crabs, lobster and shrimp.  A patter of crabs and a bucket of steamed mussels and garlic--Double Yum!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2007, 06:23:44 AM »

Fish heads!
Fish heads!
Rolly-polly fish heads!
Fish heads!
Fish heads!
Eat them up--yum!
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2007, 06:30:49 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  It's ver-r-r-r-ry cold here in SW Ohio today.  It's also the first Monday I've been in this building since Dec. 4 - days off, holidays, and a workday in Cleveland on Dec. 18.

TOD - salmon, grilled or baked; most whitefish; shrimp, cold or hot; Alaskan King Crab legs, steamed with melted butter; fried clams, especially the ones I had on the pier in Avon-by-the-Sea, NJ; lobster rolls on the coast of Maine; tuna in my Tuna Glop or in salads.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2007, 06:33:05 AM »

I'm guessing BK did not watch Juliana last night on GREASE.  I know he despises such shows. But i wish he would tivo out so we could hear his opinions on the performers.

DR cillaliz i did vote a few times. Or at least i think i did.  The phone number did not work here. I think it says that you are supposed to be in the US. Although internet seemed to work.

Jennifer

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2007, 06:35:52 AM »

More GREASE from last night.

Oh and DR MattH, re: ashley and matt. I agree with you completely that they are really green and were the most nervous.  I also agree that neither of them could perform on broadway. However i totally disagree about the presence. To me ashley has huge star quality and presence (almost more than anyone else on the stage).  I just love her and wish that there was some way she could be trained vocally to play sandy.

I really suspect she won't go, even though she was the weakest. I have a feeling she is popular (although since she was so weak she obviously could still go).

Jennifer

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2007, 06:36:49 AM »

« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 06:37:20 AM by Jennifer »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2007, 06:50:47 AM »

Pictures of DR GEORGE's house - very nice.

Lots of Cason news and views.

GREASE didn't watch it!

Merry Twist-mas!  It's twist and rock and roll movies today on TCM.  Well it actually just ONE script - only the names, actors, and groups change.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2007, 06:53:21 AM »

Last night I watched a Rad Fulton double feature sent to me by DR MBARNUM.  And I am now a firm Fulton fan.

He was 4th billed in No, My Darling Daughter starring Mr John Mills, daughter Julie (as...well his darling daughter) and Mr Michael Craig.  Of course this was an English Rank film....so DD ended up with Mr Craig and NOT Mr Fulton, but there you are.

THEN a movie called Joy Ride that had this priceless cast list:

Ann Doran
Rad Fulton
Regis Toomey

Also featured were Robert Colbert and Jim Bridges.  AND a spiffy 1958 Thunderbird that eventually...after a LONG time....was taken on a Joy Ride!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2007, 06:54:05 AM »

DR CP - No My Darling Daughter had a LOT of on location footage in London, some extended scenes in fact, that you might enjoy seeing!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2007, 06:54:39 AM »

Cal Bolder was also on my screen last night.  It was a very enjoyable way to spend the evening while I tracked Molly's flight home across the US.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2007, 06:54:57 AM »

Congrats to MR BK and HHW on its BIG Sunday!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2007, 06:56:53 AM »

I loved I MARRIED JOAN as well...also loved MY LITTLE MARGIE....and THE GALE STORM SHOW.

One of my favorite "Joans" involved America's Queen of Comedy trying to sell a Moose Head during which she auctioned off ALL of her furniture.  And a very funny bit that had Joan trying to deal with a mannequin leg stuck on her arm....she got if into several VERY funny and provocative positions.

Cillaliz

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2007, 07:02:52 AM »

I'm feeling a bit glum today, but don't really know why. It was snowing great big flakes when I came to work but has stopped now. I think I need some coffee

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2007, 07:03:13 AM »

Good Morning!

Well, I shall be errant and truant for most of the day since I shall be heading down 95 in an hour or so (I hope) for the next stage of "The Big Move To NYC".  So...

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2007, 07:04:06 AM »

I like all kinds of fish. I was on a Chilean Sea Bass kick at one time, I just scored it and sprinkled on paprika and stuck it under the broiler. It was very tasty. I haven't done that in ages

Cillaliz

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2007, 07:05:08 AM »

When I was growing up my dad and his friends would go fishing in Canada.  They would bring home tons of walleyes and we would have them dipped in batter and fried over an open fire in the back yard (I think they were trying to recreate their Canadian experience)

Cillaliz

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2007, 07:06:02 AM »

When I was 12 my favorite thing to do was to go fishing with my neighbor. He was a retired conservation officer and knew all the best spots in the lake to catch perch. He used to get mad at me because I would talk to the fish and often caught more than he did

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2007, 07:07:31 AM »

Darn--I missed Tivo'ing ROCK AROUND THE CLOCK.  I saw it last time it aired on TCM, but I was very taken with villainess Alix Talton, who played the part as if she were Eve Arden's evil twin sister and I would have liked to have taken in that performance again.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2007, 07:07:38 AM »

At night we would all gather at his dock and he'd turn on a light he had down by the water. The bugs would gather and the perch would come to eat them. We caught so many it was crazy.   Then we cleaned them and ate them.  They were very tasty

Cillaliz

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2007, 07:08:22 AM »

So those are my fish stories for now....I need coffee....I need coffee now...

Cillaliz

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2007, 07:08:59 AM »

We're getting close to page 3. maybe I should stay for a minute and help us get there

Cillaliz

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2007, 07:09:28 AM »

I could write an appeal brief today.

Cillaliz

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2007, 07:09:56 AM »

Callie likes to eat Bonita Tuna flakes...

Cillaliz

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2007, 07:10:18 AM »

I like sushi...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up