Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2007: A SPACE ODYSSEY  (Read 41581 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:2007: A SPACE ODYSSEY
« Reply #330 on: February 05, 2007, 12:12:05 AM »

Hermione Gingold is in this recording also.

She was in the original Broadway cast, the original London cast AND the movie. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #331 on: February 05, 2007, 12:12:12 AM »

He was in both the original Broadway cast and the movie with Elizabeth Taylor.

Really?  I heard it was done as a movie but I have never seen it.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #332 on: February 05, 2007, 12:13:07 AM »

I have Sweeney Todd, another excellent musical.

I am really enjoying this!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

« Reply #333 on: February 05, 2007, 12:13:28 AM »

Really?  I heard it was done as a movie but I have never seen it.

It's not horrible, but it's not great.  They changed the location from Sweden to Austria.  I know not why. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #334 on: February 05, 2007, 12:13:30 AM »

Glamourous life

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #335 on: February 05, 2007, 12:14:20 AM »

That bugs me when they do that...

BTW... Glamorous Life page 12 dance!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #336 on: February 05, 2007, 12:15:13 AM »

I hold a glamourous life!!

George

« Reply #337 on: February 05, 2007, 12:15:38 AM »

Glamourous life

The song called "A Glamorous Life" in the movie is totally different than the original stage version.  It's a solo (voice-over, I think) for Fredrika, Desiree's daughter.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #338 on: February 05, 2007, 12:17:28 AM »

I suspect the stage version is much more fun!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #339 on: February 05, 2007, 12:18:08 AM »

Matt Ashford actually did this musical and Into the Woods with INteract

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #340 on: February 05, 2007, 12:19:14 AM »

He did the role of Count Carl-Magnus in A Little Night Music and two roles in Into the Woods: Prince and the Wolf.

George

« Reply #341 on: February 05, 2007, 12:19:33 AM »

Okay, this is freaky...I haven't gone to amazon.com in a couple of days, and when I just went there to check on something, on the first page was a section near the top with the heading "What Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?" (what item, I don't know) and the top three items listed are the original Broadway cast recording of Follies, the original Broadway cast recording of A Little Night Music and the Follies In Concert CD.  Now, how did amazon.com know that I was posting about this on a completely different website?? :o

« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 12:20:36 AM by George »

George

« Reply #342 on: February 05, 2007, 12:20:13 AM »

I suspect the stage version is much more fun!

Of course it is!  Several parts all together...great fun!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #343 on: February 05, 2007, 12:20:38 AM »

Eerie!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #344 on: February 05, 2007, 12:21:30 AM »

I am really enjoying this recording... I may have to look for a copy that I dont have to always check out.

George

« Reply #345 on: February 05, 2007, 12:22:49 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up