Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: BOUNCE  (Read 37682 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
BOUNCE
« on: February 07, 2007, 12:37:33 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had bounce, and now it is time for you to post until the bouncing cows come home.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 12:32:28 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BOUNCE
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 12:39:06 AM »

And the word of the day is: AVOIRDUPOIS!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 12:40:23 AM »

I'm the only one in the jernt.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 12:40:40 AM »

Welcome five GUESTS.  Who are you people?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 12:40:51 AM »

Will we never get to page two?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 12:41:08 AM »

I could, of course, do a whole page of ME.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 12:41:32 AM »

My first Ask BK Day question:

Why are you still up?

« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 12:41:46 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 12:42:10 AM »

My first Ask BK Day question:

Why are you still up?

I don't really know.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 12:42:20 AM »

Good answer, twit.

Tomovoz

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 03:30:29 AM »

I may have missed it BK but did you eventually watch the Christmas Truce Documentary. I seem to remember you saying that you were going to do so.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 04:40:11 AM »

Yesterday DR MattH wrote:

IDOL/San Antonio auditions:

Same old, same old.

But I was shocked that a really wonderful singer early in the show (came dressed well, had a really nice demeanor) with a better and more distinctive voice than Katherine McPhee, and she BARELY made it to the next round. None of them were overly complimentary, and her voice was pure and true! Later singers they praised to the skies, and I found them barely tolerable.

I wonder if you were taking about a girl who actually looks a lot like Katharine McPhee. She had long dark hair and a black pantsuit, with no back.

My two favorites i think were bailey brown (sp?). She was the 16 yr old from the small town who loved the fashion magazines. Simon said she could easily be turned into a popstar.

I was not expecting her voice to sound like it did.

I just really liked her personality and think the public would like her.

The other one i liked was the girl they saw for a second time. I can't remember her name. She's the one who made the faces.

I didn't love her. But something about her spirit and everything combined just seemed so lovely.

Ginny

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 05:33:20 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  My library is on a 2-hour delay due to the weather, which means that I'm going through the motions to get ready to leave about 10am.  However, hope springs eternal that they will decide to close.  Since the county where we live (not the county where I work) is still on a Level 2 snow emergency, I'm not really supposed to be on the roads anyway.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 05:39:14 AM »

Rene Avoirdupois is one of my favorite actors.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 06:00:27 AM »

One of my favorite French films is Pierre Delmonte's AVOIR DU POIS.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 06:51:02 AM »

Where is everyone this morning?  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 07:01:30 AM »

Many thanks to DRs Jeanne, Elmore and Jose for the moisturizer/Magic Flute recommendations last night.  Since there is a Trader Joe's just a few blocks away from my office, I'm going to go buy some of their stuff at lunch.  Right now I'm using Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula hand cream and while I like the smoothing results it still feels thick and greasy.

I've searched Amazon and eBay for the Haitink MAGIC FLUTE, but it looks out of print and expensive, so for now I'm going with the Klemperer.  It also has Lucia Popp in the cast, this time as the Queen of the Night.  I might also pick up the Bergman film--I've never seen the whole thing.  I'm hoping that the Met will release a DVD of the recent Julie Taymor family production.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 07:03:21 AM »

I'm sitting at my desk in a blue, grey and black flannel shirt with a long sleeve white t-shirt underneath, a pair of jeans, sweat socks and tennis shoes and I'm indexing the Helen Bader Foundation, which is based in Milwaukee, WI.

That's where I am.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 07:05:04 AM »

And speaking of the little dickens, it's Charles Dicken's birthday!  

BK, what is your favorite Dicken's work and adaptation of his work (in any form?)
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 07:13:13 AM »

I'm sitting at my desk in a blue, grey and black flannel shirt with a long sleeve white t-shirt underneath, a pair of jeans, sweat socks and tennis shoes and I'm indexing the Helen Bader Foundation, which is based in Milwaukee, WI.

That's where I am.

That's as good as place as any.

Hiya, DR Ben!
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 07:17:06 AM »

Where is everyone this morning?  

Pacing - waiting for the call that the library's closed (which I don't think will come).
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2007, 07:32:56 AM »

And the word of the day is: AVOIRDUPOIS!
Casey would waltz
With a strawberry blonde,
And he was glad that they had chosen as their dance
A dance where they kept their feet on the ground
And he was not required to lift her high in the air
(As he would have had to with some of the dances of the swing era)
Due to the strawberry blonde's advanced AVOIRDUPOIS.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2007, 07:35:16 AM »

That's where I am.
No underpants?

:o

:D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ben

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2007, 07:36:31 AM »

Boxers

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2007, 07:40:02 AM »

I awoke today to find two remarkable things.

First, all five dogs were on my bed, without fussing, all waiting for me to wake up and get them breakfast.  I sometimes get four dogs waiting for me on my bed, but five is a remarkable occurance.  (And why, oh why, had they left poor der Brucer to freeze all alone, I ask!)

Second, when I looked out my window, I saw a great amount of white on the ground and on the trees.  Yes, it has taken us a week into February this year, but we finally have snow here in Rehoboth Beach, DE.  By which I mean, we have snow clearly an inch or two thick, and not the simple dustings we had earlier.

We also have sunshine right now, which seems all the brighter reflecting off of the snow.

I love this place!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2007, 07:40:38 AM »

Yesterday DR MattH wrote:

I wonder if you were taking about a girl who actually looks a lot like Katharine McPhee. She had long dark hair and a black pantsuit, with no back.

That's exactly whom I was talking about. She was my favorite singer of the night with pitch truer and sound purer than any of the others they put through that we heard. She was sophisticated, a rare commodity on this program.

I had thought I wouldn't watch the clip show tonight, but I guess I will record it since they promise to show us some of the other good singers we haven't seen yet. If I record it, I can skip through not only the commercials but all the rotten performers they love to dwell on and be done with the show in 15 minutes.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2007, 07:41:32 AM »

Boxers slobber.

Oh, you mean the type of clothing!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2007, 07:42:00 AM »

ANd, I meant to add, good morning!

It's going to be a sensational day here with blue sky highlighted by some wispy clouds and highs in the mid-50s.

But all of this loveliness is in preparation for more "wintry mix" on Friday. Ugh!

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2007, 07:43:06 AM »

LOST returns tonight, of course, and I'll be watching "live" while recording MEDIUM.

There are also new episodes of BONES and THE KNIGHTS OF PROSPERITY.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2007, 07:45:28 AM »

And, of course, I'm really looking forward to VERONICA MARS from last night as well as the other three shows I recorded.

Ben

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2007, 08:03:32 AM »

There was a light dusting of the white stuff on our steps as I left the apartment this morning but it's all gone now. It's still extremely cold but no snow!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up