Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NEW AGE NEW YEAR  (Read 26678 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE NEW AGE NEW YEAR
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2003, 08:01:45 AM »

High points of the year definitely include playing Bruce Ismay in TITANIC this past fall. I didn't have high hopes for the show since getting it fully cast took so long (finding young male tenors was an endless process for the director).

Coming to HHW and meeting so many great people definitely qualifies as a high point in the year.

Low points: well, failing to get cast in two shows I really wanted to do: TEN LITTLE INDIANS and SHE LOVES ME weren't very pleasant experiences, but what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger, and both those events certainly put starch in my spine.

Having a potential relationship with an appealing man kind of peter out was also a downer. No one's fault really; it just wasn't meant to be, I guess.

Looking forward to a great 2004 at HHW, and a BIG, BIG thank you to Mr. Mark, Administrator Craig, and Big Daddy BK for making the site what it is.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2003, 08:13:47 AM »

MBARNUM how is the snow today?  ;D

Impatiently waiting the end of the work day so we can get to the PARTY!!   :D

DRJASON - seeing Barbara Cook in Act Three of THE MERRY WIDOW.  Wow!  What a wonderful evening!

Here is your Page Two Greeting:

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2003, 08:14:19 AM »

Another greeting awaits you when we get to Page Three!

Everybody POST!!!

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2003, 08:17:45 AM »

Happy New Year, Dear Readers!  May you all enjoy great health, joy, prosperity and love in 2004!

2003 low points for me:  

Losing my job definitely tops the list.  The frustration I've had to deal with finding new work, too.  And thinking Roller (my 12 1/2 year old cocker spaniel) was a goner when I found him passed out in my backyard a couple of weeks ago.

2003 high points for me:  

I had three terrific leisure trips this year.  First was a week in Maui.  (My first time there.)  Just thinking about my having the Blue Pool, which sits below Angel Falls, all to myself for an au natural swim reduces my blood pressure, I am sure, by a good ten points.  Then a week in New York for my 25th college reunion.  Also, almost a week in the splendor of Yosemite National Park.

I attended a large number of live performances of all varieties (theater, opera, concerts, cabaret, dance, etc.), many of which were quite memorable.

Movie-going became a religion for me this year, and I've enjoyed many of the motion picture entertainments I've seen.

I appreciate the support that so many people have given me during my job search, ranging from good friends and colleagues I've known for a long time to complete strangers I connected with by way of networking.

I am grateful to have HHW as an anchor in my life.  It is entertaining, educational, and enabled me to virtually meet a great number of very interesting people.  I've had the pleasure of meeting several of these folks in the flesh, which has been most enjoyable!

My hopes for 2004:

Good health, continued enjoyment of life, never taking the God-given gifts I have for granted.

A job.  A good one, that I will look forward to going to each day.

More live performance.  More movies.  More interesting leisure travel adventures.

Deepened friendships with those I already know, and coming to know new friends, too.

Peace on earth, the eradication of world hunger, and a Democrat elected president in November.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2003, 08:31:16 AM »

By gum and by golly if there are finer posts on the Internet I haven't seen them.  Running late, so off to work and I'll post there.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2003, 08:38:44 AM »

Well, DR Kerry, if you insist on more pet photos....

This is Joshie -- our fostering attempt reject. He failed adoptions because he was so frightened, so he just stayed with us. His favorite toys are tissue paper and shoelaces. Here he is, enjoying the Christmas wrap.

DR Laura:  I think, from Joshie's point of view, the adoption was a total success.  He adopted YOU and would brook no substitutes!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2003, 08:43:29 AM »

Tipped position (take that however you dear readers may - - i'm talking about TCB, to be sure); but hopefully by the end of the evening, I shall also be in a tipsy position.

I am, of course, shocked to think that anyone would believe me capable of turning an innocent phrase into something naughty.  It is certainly not my fault that so many of you choose to post risqué comments here at HHW.  I am but the observer, not the messenger.

(Don’t worry, I don’t that believe that babble any more than you do)
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2003, 08:46:19 AM »

Happy New Years Eve!

I'm at Leslie's apartment typing this, about to head over to my grandmother's house (almost an ITW reference!), but I just wanted to post and say that the Golddiggers meeting was very, very nice.  We didn't meet any millionaires, but it was still a lot of fun.  Leslie, Andrea, Emily, their friend Robin, and I met at Ollies for a loverly dinner and as Jason said, he stopped by for a few minutes and is just a darling.  All the girls are just wonderful company, and a lot of laughs were had.

Leslie did take pics with her digital camera (I sooo want one), and I'm sure they will be posted within the next few days.  I just can't guarantee that I will look good in any of them.

Wicked was even better than I expected it to be.  I don' t really have time now to write a full-length review, but it was just spectacular, and I have NEVER seen an audience that enthusiastic and appreciative...it was amazing.  Leslie and I are Kristin people, while we appreciate Idina and all that.  She was certainly quite something as Elphie, but something about her voice just annoys me.  Kristin was just darling, and ah, that voice!

We were supposed to go to Marie's Crisis after the show, but when I volunteered to show my ID at the bar, the guy asked for ALL our IDs, and since not all of us were 21 (love you anyway, Emily), we kind of got thrown out, hehe.  We went to a restaurant for drinks (where the same thing happened), but finally we found a bar that wasn't quite as stringent about IDing, and Maya got a little tipsy, hehe.  I AM 21 now though, so I am entitled now and again, right?

A great big WB and hug to Swishy, and I loved the pic from last night!  I'll try to check in later, but if not HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2003, 08:50:03 AM »

Are DR dogs capable of high vanity?  High anxiety, sure, we’ve all seen the quick-I-gotta-tinkle panic that takes control of their here-and-now like an enlarged prostate sitting on a DR male's engorged bladder.  But high vanity?

Ever since viewing her photo on HHW last night, Echo has been positively rabid about the inadequacies of that picture: bad hair day, bad bandana, right-side profile, matzo brei chin stain.  So, DRs, please forgive this excess but I must post two "acceptable" photos.  

The first photo (below) is from a set of publicity stills taken by PBS-San Francisco affiliate, KQED, prior to the start of filming the (now) children’s classic, "Jo-Jo the Dog-Faced Reindeer.”
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 09:01:05 AM by Jane »

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2003, 08:52:24 AM »

Leslie and I are Kristin people, while we appreciate Idina and all that.  She was certainly quite something as Elphie, but something about her voice just annoys me.  

Well, even Merman had critics!  I'd never heard of Menzel before "Wicked," but she totally blows me away!

:)

I am so glad you loved the show!  It's an audience-pleaser, that's for sure!

The more I listen to the cast album, the more appreciative I am of Stephen Schwartz's determination not to change much from the San Francisco performances.  There are wonderful songs in this show and not a one of them, to my mind, is extraneous or unnecessary.

I am totally blown away by "The Wizard and I," "Popular," "I'm Not That Girl," "Defying Gravity," "For Good."

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2003, 08:54:24 AM »

I must be off very shortly -- have to pick up Miss Vickie from the vet/kennel, and then to the post office to pick up all my "held" mail!

And I'm considering venturing into my office to pick up any mail that arrived there for me.   Since it's NYE, I doubt many folks will be there.  

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2003, 08:58:25 AM »

This last photo was taken while on break from filming “Jo-Jo the Dog-Faced Reindeer.”  Wonderful PBS special…available throguh NetFlix, I believe.

Jason

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2003, 09:02:42 AM »

How cute is that??

DR Maya failed to mention her celebrity spotting last night...we encountered Mr. Brian Boitano on 44th Street. I can only assume he was going to see Matthew and Nathan in THE PRODUCERS.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2003, 09:07:22 AM »

You know what assuming does, DR JASON.

WE are in...well NOT Cinemascope....I guess it's Naturama!

I would like to know the names of all the DR's brothers and sisters.  I love family names.....list list list....put yourself in your birth order....  ;D

Here is mine:

Mike
Jack*
Paula
Myrna
Dane
Kent
David
Molly    ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 09:13:44 AM by JRand53 »

Jason

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2003, 09:18:41 AM »

My brother's name is Josh. He's the youngest...I'm the oldest.

I will be getting some shots of theatre marquees today after work, including the WICKED marquee outside the Gershwin, and I will post them here for whoever is interested. Any other photographic requests before I leave (in 45 minutes)? By the way, I won't be able to post these pics until after the show tonight...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 09:23:18 AM by Jason »

Jay

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2003, 09:19:25 AM »

Jay (That would be me, the eldest.)
Carl
Stuart

Jay

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2003, 09:20:45 AM »

My brother's name is Josh. He's the youngest...I'm the oldest.

I will be getting some shots of theatre marquees today after work, including the WICKED marquee outside the Gershwin, and I will post them here for whoever is interested. Any other photographic requests before I leave (in 45 minutes)?

We want pictures of YOU, Dear Reader Jason.

Diane

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2003, 09:22:03 AM »

Just me and my sister!

Diane
Gail
I LOVE A Piano....

Jason

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2003, 09:22:20 AM »

Absolutely not. I don't do self-portraits.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2003, 09:23:01 AM »

What neat names.  Jason and Joshua..."J" names!  ;)

Jay, Carl, Stuart nice sturdy names....   :D

DR JASON - I would like to see the PHANTOM marquee one more time!  And whatever is at the Music Box - that is my FAVORITE theatre!!!   ;D

Diane and Gail - those could be a couple of sisters in a 1950's sitcom!  GREAT!!!!  Or even a movie with Doris Day and Dorothy Malone as sisters!  Whew!  :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 09:24:34 AM by JRand53 »

MBarnum

« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2003, 09:38:56 AM »

half and full Siblings from my mom's first and second marriage
(these are the only siblings I consider my real siblings as they are the ones that I grew up with)

Jack
Susan
Allen
Jeff
Michael *
Dan

Half Siblings from my dad's first marriage: (I never see these siblings anymore)
Judy
Penny
Louis

Step-Siblings from my dads third marriage: (I never see these siblings anymore either)
Don
Theresa
Mary
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 09:45:44 AM by MBarnum »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2003, 09:50:14 AM »

I think people thrive in a pressure-cooker atmosphere in TV.  I don't, nor do I go there.  I just get the work done, calmly, and I think it baffles people sometime that I'm not crazed about it.   Not that there isn't stress sometimes, but I see no reason to get crazed because whatever amount of time you have to do the work is the amount of time you have to do the work, so why add tsuris on top of it.  That is how I feel, anyway.

It's not even ten yet and I feel like I've been here hours.  Still hopeful to get out of here earlier than normal.

Jay

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2003, 10:08:07 AM »

It's not just television.  I've been in plenty of environments where if people put half the energy they put into creating a pressure cooker atmosphere instead into planning/forging ahead with a project/solving problems/etc., things would have been far more productive and far less stressful.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2003, 10:21:15 AM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?  Only kidding.  I can't wait until our Rockin' New Year's Eve Do  begins in earnest.

MBarnum

« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2003, 10:39:21 AM »

I would like to know where are favorite Swishy girl is! She has been taking one heck of a long vacation in Tarnationville!

And the Girls on the Loose in NY must be having a ton of fun and I am looking forward to hearing of there adventures in the big town.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2003, 10:40:20 AM »

MBarnum, did you not see yesterday's posts?  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2003, 10:44:16 AM »

I simply refuse to go to the stress place. I will NOT be stressed.  NO, I WON"T LET STRESS GET ME NEVER NEVER NEVER NO STRESS EVER STRESS IS SIMPLY NOT A PART OF ME AND DON'T EVER TELL ME IT IS BECAUSE...  Oops.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2003, 10:47:08 AM »

2003  actually did not have a lot of highs or lows, but stayed on a pretty even keel for me, which was just fine.  Highlight, of course, would be adding Mr. Bruce Kimmel to our array of fascinating friends.

In 2004, like Bruce, I hope to explore a little novel writing and just more personal writing in general...or rather writing for me.

Everybody have a safe, Happy New Year.

MBarnum

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2003, 10:50:13 AM »

I did read yesterdays posts, but not the evening ones...I am thinking I must have missed something, huh?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2003, 10:56:01 AM »

Go back and read the evening posts - and your Swishy Sarah question will be answered.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up