Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PLANETS  (Read 22700 times)

FJL

Re:THE PLANETS
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2007, 09:56:34 AM »

And one for Matthew

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2007, 10:02:17 AM »

Of course heartfelt vibes to our dearest elmore.

"Tarot " - yeah, DR PennyO does, indeed, read. every day - it is my morning meditation for, lo, these 40+ years. I have had extremely accurate readings come up for complete strangers - one guy on a plane from NY to LA... he asked about one rather superficial issue, and what came up was his imminent visit to his lawyer to cut his daughter out of his will!! I warned him, for the dire consequences predicted. he was so glad to have "accidentally" run into me in so unlikely a place.

I have also seen a potentially life-threatening liver ailment in an acquaintance's husband - she warned him, they went to a doctor about it, and caught the problem in time to save his life - he was hospitalized for weeks.

Mostly, though, I use Tarot for life-counseling - helping people see potential conflicts in coming business meetings or other types of interactions, and read for "best-case scenario" strategies; I have used Tarot to counsel people looking to change professions, stuff like that.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2007, 10:02:46 AM »

Hi, Fred!
PennyO

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2007, 10:03:06 AM »

Matthew-Thanks for the review.

FJL

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2007, 10:12:44 AM »

Hi penny.  You got any trips to NYC coming up in your future?

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2007, 10:16:15 AM »

I'm in school - hooboy, am I in school... a masters program AND finishing the BA... next Fall is the nearest likely trip to NYC
PennyO

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2007, 10:19:51 AM »

Hi Penny and Jane and Fred!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2007, 10:20:29 AM »

Jane just left. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2007, 10:21:57 AM »

I'm in school - hooboy, am I in school... a masters program AND finishing the BA... next Fall is the nearest likely trip to NYC

Hi, Penny - we've missed you!  NYC, first week of October, 2007, is my next planned trip.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2007, 10:23:39 AM »

Yesterday, my sister's boyfriend and my niece went to my storage unit and brought ALL of it to my house!  I'm done with the storage unit...and the $90 a month payment!  The only problem is that I didn't know that they were going to do that so soon, and since I didn't tell the storage unit people that I would be leaving before mid-month, I still have to pay for the whole month.  They don't give refunds. :P Oh, well.  EVERYTHING that's mine is under one roof (well, two...some stuff is in the garage ;))!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2007, 10:41:39 AM »

Hi, I'm still here.  For another few minutes.  Sherlock and I need a hike.

George

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2007, 10:47:56 AM »

Have a good one.  I'm working concessions today for City of Olympia Arts and Events Ethnic Celebration.  It started at 10:00 am, but is going on all day.  Sounds like a good time will be had by all!

George

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2007, 10:49:52 AM »

Well, I must get ready.  I have a few things to do before I go downtown this afternoon.  Have a good day, everyone!

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2007, 10:50:59 AM »

Have a good one.  I'm working concessions today for City of Olympia Arts and Events Ethnic Celebration.  It started at 10:00 am, but is going on all day.  Sounds like a good time will be had by all!

Sounds like fun, DR George!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2007, 11:10:22 AM »

Best vibes to Elmore.

Laura Bell Bundy who stars in Legally Blonde is a native Lexingtonian and, man, is she getting press here.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2007, 11:45:00 AM »

I was out trying to find a passionflower vine.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2007, 11:51:18 AM »

Good Afternoon!

-At lunch... Almost time to start the afternoon session.

So far, so good.

That is all.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2007, 12:37:52 PM »

TOTD:

Is any DR familiar with the musical "Gambler" by Eric Woolfson? He also wrote "Freudiana". DR Rodzinski is probably quite familiar with the Alan Parsons Project albums.  DR George - I guess the musicals would be in your collection.

It seems like an appropriate day for me to revist "Gambler".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2007, 12:39:39 PM »

TCB is out of the Attic.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2007, 12:41:16 PM »

This morning I feel like a weight has been lifted.  Actually it was when I picked up my Russian Blue, Nicholas, who weighs more than most barbells.

However the metaphorical weight that was lifted was actually the opening of DIARY OF ANNE FRANK.  It is one thing to jump into a musical or a comedy with only three weeks to go before opening; but it is an entirely different experience when the project is a production as powerful and moving as ANNE FRANK.  This production has totally consumed me for the last few weeks as I fought to find my character, learn my lines, deal with my uneasiness about the new adaptation of the diary, and to try and find my Jewishness (not always easy for a old Norwegian like myself).  Granted the play deals with universal truths; but, at the same time, these were real people (despite what some people are insist) and there is a certain obligation not only to Hermann VanDaan (van Pels), but to the six million other Jews who died at the hands of the Nazis.

Anyway, the response from the audience last night, and the individual comments I received have convinced me that our efforts have paid off.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2007, 12:41:23 PM »

Not in California, so I'm told.

We may not have mail delivery on Tuesday, if the storm that's threatening takes a northerly path.  But that's a different issue, isn't it?

Tomovoz

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2007, 12:44:18 PM »

Has any DR seen a production of "Yours, Anne"? The musical is based on the play by Goodrich & Hackett.
James Thurber 1957

FJL

« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2007, 12:52:32 PM »

TCB - How are you finding the audience's reactions to the added aspects of the play, dealing with the personal aspects of Anne Frank, that were not part of the original play?  Any audible murmurs in the audience about the (so to speak) frankness of these issues?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2007, 12:57:02 PM »

TOD:
I had a ouija board as a kid, but nothing extraordinary came of it.

I visited a fortune teller many years ago with some friends. the "character" reading she gave me told me nothing beyond what any observant person could deduce from how I was dressed. She then added that someone had put a spell on me when I was a child and for $200 she'd look into it. I said, "uh, no."

I have spoken to a couple psychics since who told me things that NO ONE would have known, things even close friends often don't pick up on. There's no question in my mind that these women have some psychic abilities. They weren't telling my future as much as explaining certain things in the present.

My impression--and please, JRAND and PENNYO or others--chime in here--it isn't so much a matter of being psychic or not psychic, it's a matter of degree, much like musical talent.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2007, 12:59:37 PM »

And, yes, I've certainly had plenty of those times when I'm thinking of someone and then the phone rings and it's them. Or other experience that it's difficult to explain as mere coincidence.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2007, 01:01:59 PM »

BTW, since our discussion about clutter the other day, every time I turn around someone else is telling how they're trying to get rid of clutter. HHW has started the planets thinking about CLUTTER!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2007, 01:05:34 PM »

BTW, since our discussion about clutter the other day, every time I turn around someone else is telling how they're trying to get rid of clutter. HHW has started the planets thinking about CLUTTER!

I'm declutterizing as we speak (or write!)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2007, 01:07:52 PM »

Today's clutter story:
I had set aside some old, paint-encrusted hinges from one of my many renovation projects. Thinking "What am I saving these for?" I was about to toss them. Fortunately, my gem of a handyman/painter Matt was here today. I offered them to him for any old-house project (or sale on eBay), only to learn that they are my old window hinges from the 3rd floor and we may yet need them. Sigh. I thought I'd finally found something I could easily toss.

(Moral of the story: don't throw anything out!)

(Moral #2: Owners of old houses need extensive inventory of all sorts of odds and ends, because the new parts NEVER fit right.)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2007, 01:11:34 PM »

(Moral #2: Owners of old houses need extensive inventory of all sorts of odds and ends, because the new parts NEVER fit right.)

I have almost a whole house inside my 100 year old house---remnants of all the old houses that have been torn down around me. I couldn't bear to think of them in a landfill. I should start my own ebay store...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2007, 01:16:09 PM »

I have almost a whole house inside my 100 year old house---remnants of all the old houses that have been torn down around me. I couldn't bear to think of them in a landfill. I should start my own ebay store...

Good for you, EDI! I hate to see these things go into landfills--I hate to see much of anything go into landfills. And old-house owners really do need this stuff. I am so glad there's eBay.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up