News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: ZEN  (Read 53161 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
ZEN
« on: February 11, 2007, 12:13:14 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were in a Zen-like state, and now it is time for you to post until the Zen-like cows come home.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 12:20:52 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:ZEN
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 12:16:16 AM »

And the word of the day is: CRUCIVERBALIST!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in!

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 12:23:54 AM »

Meditation sounds good...meditation and cleansing.
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 12:24:41 AM »

Im too tired to do so right now though, I think I will go try to find a zen like sleep.
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 12:25:16 AM »

I am the only person on.....odd
-Thomas Edison

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 12:35:54 AM »

This phenomenon is known as the ATTACK OF THE WUSSBURGERS.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 04:01:52 AM »

Wasn't Zen one of the original 14 colonies?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 04:02:51 AM »

DR RLP - I found a "Seth" paperback for 69 cents and found it fascinating.  I read it and then sold it for $2 in our used book section.  

Certainly an interesting and fascinating case.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 04:03:08 AM »

VERY cold here today, and I am working.  Oh well....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 05:15:06 AM »

Good morning, all!  Today I fly to Ohio, and for the next days/weeks I will be posting from the Cincinnati-Dayton area with my dear friend and DR Ginny.  My cousin wrote last night to tell me my timing was excellent, that there are huge storms predicted for Monday.  Since I hate flying anyway, I need any and all travel vibes you can send my way.

This morning, I have to pack, run a couple of errands, and tidy the apartment.  I will check back in before I leave.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 05:18:15 AM »

Good Morning!

Good Morning, Larry!

Again, Safe Travel Vibes To You Today.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 05:18:54 AM »

And now that I'm all tidy'd up myself, it's time for me to head over to the theatre for today's set of auditions...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 05:37:58 AM »

Travel vibes for DR Elmore!  Your cousin was right - a storm predicted for Monday afternoon into Tuesday evening  :P
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 06:04:57 AM »

Travel vibes to Larry.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 06:22:14 AM »

Safe travel, Lar! Looks like it will be a sunny beautiful day here, so I hope the same for you. Keep us posted on how things are going there. We'll all be thinking about you.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 06:24:44 AM »

CRUCIVERBALIST---someone who talks about the cross?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2007, 06:29:09 AM »

DR Laura---I will keep an eye out for emerging vines and let you know when I can dig some up.

Also, I have a beautiful small cream-colored passion flower, passiflora llueta, which birds help reseed. It's small so you have to know where to look for it, but it is reliable. Since the vine is so delicate, I don't think it would ship well, but I will try and get some of the seeds. If we're lucky, it won't be the kind of seed that has to go through a bird first! I would love to be able to share that---I am always thrilled when I discover it!

Edisaurus

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 06:30:27 AM »

Cason---love the new avatar! My DH and I have never been able to get good "no see-um" pictures. Maybe his arms aren't long enough?

Cillaliz

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2007, 06:31:49 AM »

DR RLP - I found a "Seth" paperback for 69 cents and found it fascinating.  I read it and then sold it for $2 in our used book section.  

Certainly an interesting and fascinating case.

I remember hearing about "Seth" back when I was more into such things.  

DR Ron, while anything is possible, the woman who did the reading I was talking about was clearly guessing. You would have had to have seen her and the way she did the reading.  I can't explain it. Maybe it was just my intuition telling me I got robbed.

Cillaliz

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2007, 06:32:55 AM »

Good morning, all!  Today I fly to Ohio, and for the next days/weeks I will be posting from the Cincinnati-Dayton area with my dear friend and DR Ginny.  My cousin wrote last night to tell me my timing was excellent, that there are huge storms predicted for Monday.  Since I hate flying anyway, I need any and all travel vibes you can send my way.

This morning, I have to pack, run a couple of errands, and tidy the apartment.  I will check back in before I leave.

TRAVEL VIBES AND HUGS FOR DR ELMORE{{{{{~~~~~}}}}}}  

Cillaliz

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 06:38:01 AM »

Time to head out for my Sunday morning ritual....breakfast and my newspapers.   Laters

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2007, 06:38:44 AM »

(((((Elmore)))))
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Edisaurus

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 06:39:10 AM »

From yesterday---I had an Ouija board, and I was bored.

I've had one psychic reading. I had an editing assistant who wanted to go to one who she had seen years ago and said was very good, but she couldn't afford a whole hour. So I offered to go and we would each pay a half an hour. The psychic agreed.

The reading was so startlingly accurate that after I left, I burst into tears and could not stop crying. I was going through a lot at the time and the things this person told me were things that not even my best friend knew. I was very impressed, but never did it again.

A director I was working for had an astrologer she liked, but had not talked to him in many years. So she tracked him down for me---I was again in need of guidance. (I was married for 13 years and had just gotten divorced and had a job offer as a music editor in LA.)

Carlos gave me a reading over the phone, and most of it was quite accurate. Again, I  haven't done that again.

When Greg and I were having our battles about preserving our historic neighborhood from the intrusion of the loft, we met a tarot card reader who did a quick read for us. When we got the card with the guy who had been knifed in the back, we realized it was a losing battle. It didn't stop us from 2 years of a heartbreaking battle. though. We felt like we had to fight it with everything we were worth. Of all the regrets we have, we don't have to regret that we didn't give it our all.

Cillaliz

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 06:41:06 AM »

Edi - have you had a chance to see Puttin on the Glitz yet?

Cillaliz

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007, 06:42:03 AM »

TRAVEL VIBES AND HUGS FOR DR ELMORE{{{{{~~~~~}}}}}}  

That's vibes and hugs, or vibes being hugged?   Hmmm.. anyway lots of both to Larry

Cillaliz

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007, 06:42:43 AM »

I really better go....got to get there before the church crowd...I hate to wait for a table for breakfast

Edisaurus

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2007, 06:44:32 AM »

I went to the plantation house next door to our house that we had hoped to live in (the one full of house parts now) because there was an "estate sale" now that the woman whose family had lived there for 5 generations has moved to her penthouse in The Loft. The developer was holding court with lots of little old ladies in the kitchen. I asked him what was to become of the house. He smugly said "I've scheduled a controlled burn for the end of the month." I'm sure he wanted me to take him seriously and get all scared. The old ladies thought that was a hoot. But he has done nothing to preserve this place since he bought it and it continues to deteriorate. (Our preservation group offered over market value to buy it, but the city gave some many incentives to the developer, including our tax money, no buffers and increased density for the land, that we could never have matched that.) Oh well...

New house! Gotta think about the NEW house!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007, 06:45:24 AM »

CRUCIVERBALIST---someone who talks about the cross?

One who worships Satan's brother, Crucifer.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Edisaurus

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007, 06:48:06 AM »

Edi - have you had a chance to see Puttin on the Glitz yet?

We were going to watch it last night but ended up going out for BBQ last night (it's all Jose's fault) and then went to see "A Night at the Museum". I slept through about 15 minutes of it. The plot points were predictable ones we've seen a thousand times, but it's worth seeing for the visual effects. And they had very cool, tastefully done 3D head credits. (Sad when that is one of your favorite parts!) Nice old-school score by Alan Silvestri, too.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2007, 06:48:59 AM »

passiflora llueta

Wasn't this the excised fourth Act of The Apple Tree?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18   Go Up