Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: SOMETHING I ATE DIDN'T AGREE WITH ME  (Read 35450 times)

MBarnum

Re:SOMETHING I ATE DIDN'T AGREE WITH ME
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2007, 08:58:21 AM »

Awaiting the travel news from DR MBARNUM'S friends.  And his reaction to JUKE BOX RHYTHM - about a princess in disguise, and the production of a Juke Box Broadway Musical.  

I enjoyed it very much! Jack Jones is quite the singer and I was very surprised to see Columbia actually use a different plot line for one of their musicals! LOL!

And I had forgotten how beautiful Jo Morrow was!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2007, 08:58:24 AM »

DR Jennifer:  I respect your feelings about how the producers handled last night's elmination.

That said, however, I must reiterate my pleasure that they recognize the American public's total lack of (1) taste in music and (2)  the ludicrousness of a handful of people voting hundreds of times for one person because (1) they like the way she looks in a sweater or (2) she is a fantasy date for their fervid imaginations; or, (3) they like the tightness of the guy's jeans, or (4) because he's the dreamboat fantasy man in many fervid girlish minds regardless of his inability to sing a song without hitting bad notes.

"American Idol" has had many controversial, for me, "winners" based on an assortment of gushing fangirl/fanboy votes....and these people generally don't sustain the winners beyond the last show.  

I think the key thing to remember is that it doesn't matter what they "say" on the show about us looking at the next Danny and Sandy -- and then bringing back two more people -- or saying that "we" will decide the winners.  The fact is, they do reserve the right to make key decisions when they are certain the public is wrong.  Last night, they truly made the right decisions as both those singers were the weakest links.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2007, 08:58:57 AM »

Something like this:

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2007, 08:59:25 AM »

I agree DRMBARNUM - Jo Morrow was stunning!

Cillaliz

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2007, 08:59:43 AM »

Here at work, I have a lunchtime program planned for Wednesday.  I've begun to receive emails and phone calls asking if we're still going to have it, what with the weather forecast.  We've yet to see a drop of any kind of precipitation and the predictions are still very iffy, so how can I make a call 48 hours in advance?  What I can do is be sure to have contact info for the speaker and the people who've bothered to register in advance with me when I leave work tonight.

Yes, I know what you mean about the advance stuff.  I have cancelled plans a couple times to go to meetings in Des Moines based on predictions.  I've been right most of the time. The times I was wrong, I didn't admit it  ;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2007, 09:00:04 AM »

I'm up.  I'm off (Lincoln's Birthday).  I'm drinking coffee.  And I'm nursing a slight sinus headache that has blissfully begun receding since I began drinking coffee.

Sigh.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2007, 09:00:07 AM »

{{{{{{{ELMORE}}}}}}}

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2007, 09:00:49 AM »

Mail delivery today...No mail delivery NEXT Monday.

FJL

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2007, 09:00:52 AM »

Jo Morrow, Jo Morrow, I love ya Jo Morrow

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2007, 09:03:15 AM »

I'm still feeling a bit weird this morning - nothing terrible, just weird.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2007, 09:03:43 AM »

And just where IS dear reader JMK - on one of his year-long sabbaticals?

MBarnum

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2007, 09:04:04 AM »

To Larry:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Vibage:  :)  :)  :)   :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :) :)  [/move]

I am thinking about you  :-\ Take care.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2007, 09:04:11 AM »

I submit to the Grammys, but if they haven't heard of the singer or the show, they don't nominate.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2007, 09:04:17 AM »

I agree DRMBARNUM - Jo Morrow was stunning!

Not more stunning than Ms. Vivify Lindfors, though!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2007, 09:04:43 AM »

A Lot Of Livin' To Do isn't from the 40s or the 50s - it's from 1960 - Bye Bye Birdie.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2007, 09:05:01 AM »

And since no one has mentioned it - At Last.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2007, 09:05:39 AM »

Mail delivery today...No mail delivery NEXT Monday.

Perhaps my postman got confused.  He told me they weren't delivering today or next Monday.

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2007, 09:07:31 AM »

CILLALIZ,
when I read your posts about your upcoming switch to a solo practice I can hear your excitement and maybe a little bit of anxiety. It's very exciting. (I'd certainly have some anxiety.) In fact, it is QUITE WONDERFUL. I love to see people have the courage to make significant changes in mid-career/mid-life. You are so positive about it; I have no doubt it will all just fall together.

Thanks Jeanne and thanks to all who have sent me best wishes.  I am very excited and very positive about it. I totally believe this will work. I've been having occasional bouts of anxiety about when I need to do what, and whether my plans about finances are realistic, but I keep pushing ahead.  I had been obsessing about the computer for days and days, so last night I just dove in and ordered one.  Now that will be off my mind and I can relax about it.

Sometimes I think OMG this is happeneing so fast and other times I think "How can it only be mid-February? I want to do this now!"   The idea that no one here at the office has a clue is also really strange to me.  I'm the one who probably shares more than I should and not telling them something this big is really out of my character.  It seems to be working to my advantage, so that's a good thing, but it's strange.

MBarnum

« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2007, 09:09:54 AM »

Pretty Jo Morrow

MBarnum

« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2007, 09:13:39 AM »

TOD:

String of Pearls
Laura
Snowfall
Swinging on a Star
In the Mood

Cillaliz

« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2007, 09:14:17 AM »

I had an email  a week or two ago saying there is a "brown bag" with attorneys and the judges.   Then in the body of the email it said..."Please RSVP so we know how many lunches to order"  My understanding is that a "brown bag" means you bring your own lunch...  I don't mind them buying, but am I wrong about that?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2007, 09:15:00 AM »

Damn! I just hit the wrong key (I'm a lousy typist) and lost a long post. It was, of course, very important!

Cillaliz

« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2007, 09:15:34 AM »

I love many songs that I'm sure are from the 40s. My problem is I don't remember what song comes from what decade...well I don't confuse the 40s with the 90s, but you know what I mean. So it's hard for me to answer the TOD without doing research

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2007, 09:16:15 AM »

A Lot Of Livin' To Do isn't from the 40s or the 50s - it's from 1960 - Bye Bye Birdie.

Was it? Oh, yes. I stand corrected. Thank you, BK.

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2007, 09:18:44 AM »

I better go, I have a couple things to do before the "brown bag"  
It's snowing here, really fine flakes, but that's ok, it's better than the freezing rain they have been predicting.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2007, 09:19:05 AM »

I had an email  a week or two ago saying there is a "brown bag" with attorneys and the judges.   Then in the body of the email it said..."Please RSVP so we know how many lunches to order"  My understanding is that a "brown bag" means you bring your own lunch...  I don't mind them buying, but am I wrong about that?

"Brown bag" to me means you bring your own lunch.

Ginny

« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2007, 09:21:06 AM »

My Wednesday event is a brownbag and people are expected to bring their own lunches.  However, we do ask for RSVPs because we provide beverages and dessert and the guest speaker provides handouts and, in this case, trinkets from his company to, in his words, "buy the love."
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2007, 09:22:48 AM »

It sounds to me as though they are ordering lunches for you that will come in a brown bag -- a sandwich, chips, apple. That kind of thing.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2007, 09:23:26 AM »

Spring is here -- I have the declutter bug. I have been busy.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2007, 09:26:00 AM »

OK, here's all that really important stuff I was trying to tell DR GEORGE.
Something that the clutter pros may not tell you:

Every time I do a Massive Cull I throw out something which I later regret. I've learned to accept this. I've also learned to put things that I REALLY DON'T WANT TO LOSE in a special place. Tax douments, for instance. In fact, I like to get all my tax stuff together and in the hands of my accountant BEFORE I clean out my office. (sigh.) In fact, sometimes I'll put things in my safe deposit box just to make sure that they don't get tossed along with all the rest. (Of course, sometimes I forget that that's where they are...) It's very easy to throw something out by mistake.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up