Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39   Go Down

Author Topic: LOLLYGAGGING  (Read 75839 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:LOLLYGAGGING
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2007, 08:43:17 AM »

Will we never get to page two?

We did!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2007, 08:43:53 AM »

What I read about PEPE's timeslot is that TCM got the short version and are going to fill out the remaining time with some kind of documentary.

But maybe that advanced info is wrong.

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2007, 08:44:27 AM »

Yes, PEPE started on the West Coast at 6:45.

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2007, 08:45:01 AM »

I'm heading down now to clean up for my lunch out with best friend John. Yes, he's working today.

WBBL

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2007, 08:59:07 AM »

...I hope this piece of cotton candy covered turd closes faster than the Edsel's reign of terror.
But, Elmore, what do you really think of the show?

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2007, 09:03:43 AM »

And the word of the day is: EUDEMONIA!
You can bid the bad OMEN ADIEU when you are in a state of EUDEMONIA!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2007, 09:04:26 AM »

Well, it's coming up on nine here so, unless it ends at nine I'd say they have the long version - we'll know shortly.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2007, 09:07:11 AM »

For several years I was a scorekeeper for the Gay Softball Leagues, first in Los Angeles and later in Long Beach.  In fact, it was because of my joining a team in Long Beach and going to the bar sponsoring that team that I met der Brucer.

That being said, I still can't throw or catch a ball.   :-\

(But, I'm not sure der Brucer can catch or throw, either.)

(Softballs, that is.)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2007, 09:07:24 AM »

Parts department closed for the holiday.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2007, 09:11:07 AM »

Time to get ready for work!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2007, 09:11:45 AM »

Parts department closed for the holiday.
Well, poo!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2007, 09:33:08 AM »

PEPE still going on at 12:20 est.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2007, 09:39:14 AM »

Hi, all--what a long, strange trip it's been.  Oy.  Even double-oy (seven).   ;D

I know I have missed too much to ever catch up on, so I won't even try.  Here are the Cliff Notes of my life over the past couple of months:

1.  Started new job, which is going incredibly well.  What a nice change after the emotional wasteland of my former church gig.  Unfortunately, that wasteland did not place an ad to hire my replacement until 2 weeks after I ostensibly "left," which meant they asked me to continue to record services for them, which normally wouldn't be a problem except for:

2.  Our computer died unexpectedly about 3 weeks ago.  The day before Gabe's huge science fair project was due.  Of course.  And of course we hadn't saved to floppies/CDs for a week or so.  Triple oy.  One of Betsy's tech-head friends came over and we managed to cobble together a system out of pirated parts of other computers we had lying around (doesn't everyone).  I ordered a new computer which arrived in bits and pieces over the past couple of weeks, which brings me to point:

3.  The monitor came first and was missing a small clip to keep the cords in place.  I spent almost a week speaking (I use the term highly figuratively) to people from far off India, none of whom evidently were aware that the British controlled their country for a century or so and that they were supposed to understand simple phrases like "I need a replacement clip."  I "spoke" to almost 30 people in various departments, none of whom grokked a word I was saying, until they finally escalated my call to official complaint status, which meant I got to speak to someone in the US!!  The punchline:  they couldn't just send me a clip, they had to send a whole new monitor.  Finally the new computer is here, which leads me to:

4.  No "old" (like a year) software works with Vista without a lot of infuriating tweaks and workarounds.  Luckily I am very intuitive about downloading drivers (even if they're not the "right" ones) so I've pretty much got my system up and running, including my brand spanking new version of:

5.  Finale.  I'm a bit upset that it won't import all my Encore files (because I had the latest version of Encore, which it doesn't support), nor will it handle MIDI files created by Encore, but it looks like it will do a lot of other cool stuff.  Are there any Finale mavens here?  I'm not getting a rousing welcome at the Make Music Forum due to my insouciance at asking "basic questions" (like why are there big blue triangles on my vocal score, which turns out to be a bug, evidently unfixable).

Betsy is in Bend for a few days, so I have the boys, but this is literally my first "day off" in weeks.  I've already shampooed the carpet and cleaned the kitchen (shades of MattH).  What a great day off.

Sad to hear about Larry's dad, and, to a lesser extent, the demise of Footlight.  I've missed all of you.

And, BTW, Gabe won First Place at the science fair (his project is about reverse speech), and his mentor thinks he'll probably win the district-wide event next month due to its novelty.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2007, 09:42:10 AM »

Pepe ran about 155 excruciating minutes.  Began at 9:45 an EST and ended approx. 12:20 pm.  Seems to be shorter than the 195 minute Road Show.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2007, 09:42:57 AM »

Estoy Tivoing el PEPE sin cortar.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2007, 09:43:47 AM »

What is reverse speech?

I was about to ask if anyone had been using VISTA yet....seems like I don't have to now.  Wow!

JMK

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2007, 09:44:35 AM »

BK, re:  infuriating/scary drivers.  I was coming home from a gig the other night (at like midnight) and was driving up the little 2 lane road that leads to the street I where I live (ooh, a .....oh, never mind).  Suddenly comng at me (on a street with speed bumps, no less) were two kids racing at about 70 mph (25 mph speed limit), which meant of course one of them was in my lane.  They evidently suddenly noticed me and the 4 way stop sign they were approaching and the guy in my lane slammed on his breaks, sending his car into a 180 degree spin with screeching tires.  I was terrified.  It was too dark to get license plate numbers, but I couldn't believe their idiocy.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2007, 09:45:31 AM »

What is reverse speech?

I was about to ask if anyone had been using VISTA yet....seems like I don't have to now.  Wow!

You know, like "I buried Paul" in the Beatles' music.  There's an emerging science about it, which you can read about (and listen to some hilarious MP3s of) at:

http://reversespeech.com

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2007, 09:47:02 AM »

Pepe ran about 155 excruciating minutes.  Began at 9:45 an EST and ended approx. 12:20 pm.  Seems to be shorter than the 195 minute Road Show.

No estoy Tivoing el PEPE sin cortar?  ¡La aflicción es yo!
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2007, 09:47:07 AM »

From Ron:
He is very wry.  I'm very taken with Drew Barrymore, as an actress.  Was she any good in it?

So are we, and yes she was very good.  They were very cute together without being mushy.  

JMK

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2007, 09:48:16 AM »

Speaking of gigs (well, I was anyway)--I'm very proud of a little bossa nova/latin quartet I've been gigging quite a bit with.  There's an MP3 of me singing "Triste" in Portuguese on the Samples section of my site at:

http://jeffreykauffman.net

The drummer is one of the best I've worked with.  Guitarist is young, but eager.  Bassist is clinically depressed but I keep throwing water on his pickup, which gives him a little mini-shock treatment, so he's coming around.   :o

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2007, 09:50:45 AM »

Definitely the short version.  Too bad.  

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2007, 09:52:36 AM »

TCB-Nice photos from the play!  You look perfect for the role.

Edi & Cilla-Your nieces are very cute.

JMK-It is nice to see you and your family.  I am so lucky Keith’s deals with our computer issues.  If I had to I’m not sure I would use it very often.  Congratulations to Gabe.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2007, 09:53:19 AM »

No estoy Tivoing el PEPE sin cortar?  ¡La aflicción es yo!

No estoy interesado en ver tres horas del extremo de Cantinflas.  ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2007, 09:53:50 AM »

Thanks for the link, DR JMK - and congrats to Gabe.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2007, 09:55:25 AM »

Will we ever get to page three?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2007, 09:55:47 AM »

Was Faraway Part Of Town cut?  I didn't hear it, so I think so.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2007, 09:56:47 AM »

As elmore can attest, the version my friend has is the full version, in stereo, IB Tech print.  If Columbia for some reason doesn't have the full version anymore, they can certainly use his print to fill in the sections they're missing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2007, 09:57:25 AM »

It rained most of last night, and while it's not raining right this minute, it is gray and wet out.

FJL

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2007, 10:01:01 AM »

Oddly and inexplicably, we've got mail in our mailbox today.  I'm sure I checked it on Sat night.  I'm suspicious that they just didn't put all the mail in on Saturday, and are working overtime to get the backlog in today.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39   Go Up