Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: NICE/ANNOYING  (Read 30395 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:NICE/ANNOYING
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2007, 08:22:45 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~ELMO~~~ELMO~~~ELMO~~~ELMO~~~ELMO~~~ELMO~~~ELMO~~~ELMO[/move][/color]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2007, 08:27:10 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~SAFE FLIGHT~~~SAFE FLIGHT~~~SAFE FLIGHT~~~SAFE FLIGHT~~~SAFE FLIGHT~~~SAFE FLIGHT~~~SAFE FLIGHT~~~SAFE FLIGHT[/move][/color]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2007, 08:27:12 AM »

Got to get cleaned up now so I can run my usual Friday errands.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2007, 08:28:50 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~The MacBeths~~~Screw 'Em~~~The MacBeths~~~Screw 'Em~~~The MacBeths~~~Screw 'Em~~~The MacBeths~~~Screw 'Em[/move][/color]

« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 08:49:16 AM by Ron Pulliam »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2007, 08:35:52 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up...

And I'm trying to figure out my itinerary for the next couple of days... To Richmond or not to Richmond?  To Fairfax or not to Fairfax?  To stay in NYC or not to stay in NYC?  There are one or two things I still need to take care of down South, but none of them are pressing.  So...  And with the possibility of more wintry weather on Sunday - which I was planning on being my travel day - well...  We shall see.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2007, 08:38:58 AM »

DR elmore - ~~~~GOOD VIBES TO YOU!~~~~

Maybe some of my "vibes of indecision" had wafted their way to Ohio this morning.  So, you can blame me.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2007, 08:39:24 AM »

As for "AI"...

Ditto what DR Ron Pulliam posted.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2007, 08:40:08 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day... The Friday Media Check...

Radio - WQXR
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2007, 08:51:53 AM »

Well, that was fast...

I just saw the new ad for "Oprah Winfrey Presents: The Color Purple... Starring Fantasia"

-And it's actually not a bad ad.  Part interview (with Fantasia), part sound bite (with Fantasia singing).  No wonder it was all an open secret here.  There's no way this could have all been put together overnight.  And, from what I've read, Oprah will be doing a show next week with Fantasia and her upcoming stint in The Color Purple.

If anything, it's nice to know the producers are taking their time with this "stunt casting".
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2007, 08:56:34 AM »

Thanks for the vibes, DRs!  DR RonPulliam, I loved the various marquees.  They were wonderful!

I've now accomplished all I can, and I'm in the midst of packing.  Around 3, my brothers, our attorney, and a land developer have a meeting about dad's approximate 3.6 acres of land we're selling.

We'll listen, consider the offer, I will sign a few forms for the attorney, and my beloved brother Randy will drive me to the Dayton airport.  I may need to buy a book since I'll have around a 3-4-hour wait for the plane, which departs around 8:05 PM EST.  I hope to be back in my own space around 11:00.

Keep those vibes coming!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2007, 08:57:09 AM »

Back from Von's - even though they like to have 24 hours for these platters, they could not have been nicer and everything will be ready for me at four-thirty.  Two huge platters of meat and cheese, condiments, cole slaw, potato salad, desserts (cheesecake), breads - all I have to do is go back later and get the drinks.  I may actually do that sooner than later, just to get it done.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2007, 08:57:41 AM »

I think I actually meant to do it while I was there.  I've also cleaned out the trunk of my motor car so there's room for all this stuff.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2007, 08:59:58 AM »

Chunks of cheese and meat?

PAR-TAY!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 09:00:14 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2007, 09:00:39 AM »

I think I actually meant to do it while I was there.  I've also cleaned out the trunk of my motor car so there's room for all this stuff.

Ahhh....you've cleaned your bonnet!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2007, 09:06:55 AM »

We'll listen, consider the offer, I will sign a few forms for the attorney, and my beloved brother Randy will drive me to the Dayton airport.  I may need to buy a book since I'll have around a 3-4-hour wait for the plane, which departs around 8:05 PM EST.  I hope to be back in my own space around 11:00.

Keep those vibes coming!

Is there a chance you could fly standby on an earlier flight back to NYC?

Never hurts to ask when you check in.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2007, 09:15:29 AM »

YIKES!

Just watching the Noon News... And they're showing some footage from a Taco Bell restaurant down in Greenwich Village...  It was like a scene from "The Nutcracker".

Ewwwwwwww!!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2007, 09:17:30 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Was on the phone at seven with Mitsubishi (in India) at seven, troubleshooting.  We unplugged the TV, we took out the lamp, we shook the lamp, we put the lamp back in, we screwed everything back in, we plugged in the TV - the green light blinked then went solid, we turned on the TV - nada.  Nothing.  Black.  The green light went back to red.  We did a system reset.  The green light blinked, then went solid.  We turned on the TV.  Nada.  Nothing.  Black.  The gentleman from India told me to call GE, since they handle my extended warranty and would have to have someone come out and troubleshoot further.  I did.  I got someone on the phone at GE (in India).  He has set an appointment for tomorrow between 1 and 5 and they will hopefully be able to bring a new lamp, just in case the lamp is the problem.  Thank goodness I bought the extended warranty, as this part of it doesn't cost anything, and if it's the lamp that is now covered under warranty for ninety days.  The saga continues.  

It sounds like the guy in India was really trying to help. I'm glad you got someone with a good attitude who is really doing his best for you.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2007, 09:21:58 AM »

And even more vibes for DR ELMORE. I send you calming, cooling, composed, and collected sentiments.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2007, 09:24:10 AM »

TOD:
CD: THE BRAIN, A WONDERFUL GUY
DVD: YOUNG PEOPLE'S CONCERTS

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2007, 09:25:29 AM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%][shadow=red,up]~~~Many More Vibes for DR Elmore!!~~~[/shadow][/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2007, 09:27:14 AM »

David Shire - okay I am convinced.  I didn't know ALL of his scores.  I am from Indiana, after all.

However, I do remember the TV movie and music from one of my favorite Tv movies EVER - Something for Joey.

I went to Amazon.com to read some reviews for the movie "Return to Oz" and found that there are some wonderful mentions of David Shire's music:

"...listen to the amazing score composed by David Shire, full of life, brilliance, and haunting motifs (the opening credit sequence alone gives chills)."

"...and the David Shire score is one of the most beautiful film scores ever written--period."

"The underrated score by David Shire is nothing short of magnificent and one of the best."

"David Shire's beautiful score in this movie is arguably one of the best scores of the 80's."

"And the score by David Shire is one of the underacclaimed glories of motion picture music."

"The music score by David Shire is my favorite film soundtrack, mixing Prokofiev-like themes with ragtime, true to the turn-of-the-century setting of the story."

;D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 09:27:41 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2007, 09:28:42 AM »

And now, to work (after a shower...and the putting on of clothes). :)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2007, 09:29:00 AM »

BTW, I find THE YOUNG PEOPLE'S CONCERTS absolutely fascinating. Berntein does his best to give the kids in the audience--and they really are kids--examples they can relate to. Then, of course, he refers to a given piece of music, "Debussy's ...You know it, don't you?" These kids would need to be very precocious indeed to know all the music he assumes they know! But the lectures are wonderful. You certainly don't need to be a kid! Thank you to all who recommended this series. It's a delight.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2007, 09:29:16 AM »

Vibes for DR ELMORE.

Slow morning at Ye Olde World of Wisdom.

Fundraising luncheon vibes for DR GINNY.

I am enjoying DR PENNYO's posts very much!

We may get another dog...for the inside....I am not too sure about this, and neither is Miss Blue.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2007, 09:29:47 AM »

Happens to me all the time DR JEANNE.

Was it DR MATTHEW last week who was talking about "Shopping from your shelves?"

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2007, 09:32:21 AM »

Of course my TOD post should have read:

CD - Brain from Planet X

Favorite BrainEx lyric....hmmmm...I will have to contemplate on that, DR EDISAURUS.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2007, 09:32:54 AM »

Party vibes for those lucky enough to attend...even if you are in your 30's or early 40's!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2007, 09:33:10 AM »

Is there a chance you could fly standby on an earlier flight back to NYC?

Never hurts to ask when you check in.

There was an earlier flight at 5 that I wanted to take but it was sold out when I booked the ticket.  I'll ask at the gate.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2007, 09:33:40 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up...

And I'm trying to figure out my itinerary for the next couple of days... To Richmond or not to Richmond?  To Fairfax or not to Fairfax?  To stay in NYC or not to stay in NYC?  There are one or two things I still need to take care of down South, but none of them are pressing.  So...  And with the possibility of more wintry weather on Sunday - which I was planning on being my travel day - well...  We shall see.

JOSE, wintry mix predicted for Sunday here.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2007, 09:35:43 AM »

Jose:  We expect rain in the Bay Area.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up