Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THREE LITTLE WORDS  (Read 38964 times)

Ben

Re:THREE LITTLE WORDS
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2007, 05:47:52 AM »

I've never seen any of the earlier episodes. It plays in order on Channel 21 here in the NYC area on Saturdays, although it's off schedule right now due to fundraising. They are in the later episodes but Mr. Humphries is still there at the counter with his gap-toothed smile.

singdaw

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 05:56:36 AM »

Us early morning folk are a sedate bunch, aren't we?  We rarely do the page dances that crop up later in the day.

Speaking of coffee, DR Ben, a friend of mine was once put on a caffeine restriction for a short time by his doctor.  At the diner, the waitress was reaching to refill his cup with the leaded variety.  As he realized, he reached out to cover the cup with his hand, saying, "No, no, decalf, DECALF!" to which the waitress replied, deadpan and without skipping a beat, "Well, I can see why!"

singdaw

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2007, 06:00:21 AM »

TOD:  Raising several puppies for Guiding Eyes for the Blind, attending the graduation ceremonies, and staying in touch with the individuals who gained independence and mobility through the program.

Ben

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2007, 06:35:50 AM »

Yes, leave those page dances to the late sleepers  :D

Ben

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2007, 06:36:09 AM »

Gotta go. Robert Wood Johnson is calling my name.

Ben

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2007, 06:36:34 AM »

And I'm here all by myself. I don't want to do a monologue this early in the morning.

Ben

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2007, 06:36:52 AM »

I might scare away potential posters.

Ben

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2007, 06:37:07 AM »

This, DR Singdaw, is known as a frenzy!!!

Ben

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2007, 06:37:37 AM »

As you might have seen from earlier posts, they can sometimes go on for posts and posts and posts without interruption.

Ben

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2007, 06:37:56 AM »

But they make BK happy so who am I to say no.

Ben

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2007, 06:41:09 AM »

FYI for those newcomers who were wondering, each page has 30 posts but they flip to the next page on a 9 count because the very first post of each day is not numbered. It's BKs post introducing the notes. The post after that is Number 1 and then we go to 29 (really 30) and flip to Page 2. Post 59 is the last before Page 3, Post 89 is the last before Page 4 etc., etc., etc., (A King and I reference).

Ben

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2007, 06:41:33 AM »

Fred (FJL) is here so I can leave now.

Bye!!!

FJL

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2007, 06:44:51 AM »

Did I chase Ben away?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2007, 06:46:41 AM »

Doesn't Sally ask that of herself in FOLLIES?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2007, 06:49:21 AM »

I'm 46, that's all I am.

(a quasi-Sally reference)

FJL

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2007, 06:51:32 AM »

Or is that a crazy-Sally reference?

FJL

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2007, 06:52:39 AM »

I should have Lorne Greene

(a misheard Sally reference)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2007, 06:57:37 AM »

And the word of the day is: OPSIMATH!
Albert, the OPSIMATH, went back to school to learn what makes ATOMS HIP.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2007, 07:04:15 AM »

Speaking of Humphries (albeit spelled differently), John Inman, the actor who played Sales Clerk Mr. Humphries on Are You Being Served? has died.

John Inman
This is sad news, indeed.  No one could mince the way that Mr. Inman could mince.

I think he'd take that as a complement.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

FJL

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2007, 07:12:18 AM »

Thinking about the TOD:

- One "accomplishment" is close to 30 years ago, but having gotten into Harvard Law School seems (rightly or wrongly)  to say a lot about me to people who see my resume, so it's an accomplishment that has had a major impact on how people react to me professionally.  I happen to know it was all about a quirky facility with standardized tests, and I know what my classmates were like in law school and on average they weren't all that special as human beings :) - but that seems to be the accomplishment that others put a lot of stock in.

- getting to work with the ridiculously talented Bruce Kimmel, who was one of the mavericks I admired certainly since my college days, and even before.  This is probably an "accomplishment" I got through my association with Skip rather than through my own abilites, but it's been a very happy situation.

- Being in a relationship with Skip for (at this point) over 17 years.  That's not a big deal to most people, but in my twenties, i never thought that was in the cards for me.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2007, 07:23:07 AM »

Good morning DRs Fred and Woody and Matt.....  

It is a very pretty early morning in Arizona, and we are having lots of sun, and a high of about 85 today.  That is really quite pleasant here, because it doesn't really reach that until 1:30 or 2 in the afternoon.  Yes, July and August are usually killer-hot (from 104 to 109 average), but I'd still much rather keeping cool, than shoveling driveways or scraping icy windshields.

I guess I didn't get much of "the Pioneer Stock" from my grandparents from the midwest.

MusicGuy

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2007, 07:26:38 AM »

As to the TOD --

I think my proudest accomplishment would be the fact that I was given the chance to have a very active role in the first 3 or 4 years of the life of my nephew.  I never thought anyone would catch me changing a diaper or walking back and forth slowly with him in my arms to calm him and let him get sleepy, but we were lucky enough to get to babysit him quite often.  To this day, he still has the "guest room" as his own here at the house.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2007, 07:27:49 AM »

It's time for me to get ready for work.

Everything is quite pretty outside.  The sky is bright blue, the ground is covered with sparkling white stuff.  I love this part of the world.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2007, 07:29:09 AM »

And, just to push me to post 8900...

[size=20]
Bruce
Is
Right!
[/size]

Yep, there's definately something satisfying about that.

MusicGuy

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2007, 07:30:13 AM »

Dear Esteemed, well-written, and hopefully rested BK --

I was sorry to hear that craft services were so glum back in the 70s, but I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.  Even at the General Hospital set, there wasn't the table of goodies like you would see nowadays.  We had to grab our own coffee or soda from the cafeteria, and then I'd try to hang out with Lucille Wall because she always brought good stuff from home to her dressing room.

MusicGuy

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2007, 07:31:29 AM »

:D   ;D  CONGRATULATIONS WOODY !!   :o   ;)  

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2007, 07:32:08 AM »

Good Morning Dear Readers and friends!

Eee Gads it is time to go to school, but I suppose I can stop in and say hello :)
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2007, 07:32:25 AM »

:D   ;D  CONGRATULATIONS WOODY !!   :o   ;)  

dito
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2007, 07:34:14 AM »

For proudest moment, all I have to say is

Applause, Applause, Applause!

Anytime I do anything meriting a response from an audience ( positive of course) I couldn't be happier, thank goodness.

How many more musical references can a I squeeze into this post?
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2007, 07:34:36 AM »

Bye!
-Thomas Edison
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up