Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down

Author Topic: MAH JONG  (Read 40751 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:MAH JONG
« Reply #420 on: March 14, 2007, 10:02:52 PM »

Thanks. I'll look at that one.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #421 on: March 14, 2007, 10:03:17 PM »

We haven't heard from DR DakotaCelt in a few days, have we? I hope she's ok.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #422 on: March 14, 2007, 10:19:22 PM »

I'm off to home, now...finally.  Have a good evening, all!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #423 on: March 14, 2007, 10:26:02 PM »

DR TCB -

What do the four fingers in your avatar stand for?

At least someone still wears a hat!  :)

I tried to think up some smart-aleck answer, but I guess I am too tired.  The photo was taken during a performance while I was singing "No Business Like Show Business", so I was probably just trying to look theatrical.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #424 on: March 14, 2007, 10:27:46 PM »

DR MusicGuy, are you free tomorrow morning? My DH wants to know if you want to play.

::) ::) ::) ::)  
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #425 on: March 14, 2007, 10:28:56 PM »

I'm heading down to bed myself.

Good night!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #426 on: March 14, 2007, 10:33:58 PM »

BONES had a nifty mystery tonight with a small debt due to STRANGERS ON A TRAIN. Love Brennan's new boy friend, and it looks like Jack and Angela may be walking down the aisle before the end of the season.

Oh, please tell me that Brennan is David Boreanaz character!
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #427 on: March 14, 2007, 10:41:40 PM »

When I was living in Laguna Beach with my best friend back in the early Seventies (the Mr. and Mrs. Knott time), my mother wrote me a letter with her usual subtlety.  She wrote, "I don't know much about Laguna Beach, so I looked it up in the World Book. It says that Laguna Beach is an 'Artist Colony.'  Please, Tom, don't become too arty!"

Ahhh, Mothers!
[/size]
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #428 on: March 14, 2007, 11:05:37 PM »

DR Musicguy, I did love that story! I suspect you have many other stories that I would enjoy!

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #429 on: March 14, 2007, 11:24:53 PM »

Well, this is naughty, so beware..... but it is late at night, and Boo-key and Adrianna should be asleep and not on here !!

Some of you know that I was around the General Hospital set fairly often around 1967 and 1968.  The wardrobe master was a really funny and nice guy who was not only very cute but had a wicked sense of humor.  And posted on one wall in the wardrobe room was a big, bold, block-lettered sign that said....

"Edith Head gives good wardrobe!"

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #430 on: March 15, 2007, 12:28:49 AM »

Back from the play - I now have fifteen minutes to relax before beginning Ye Olde Notes.  

George

« Reply #431 on: March 15, 2007, 01:17:24 AM »

According to THIS article, Johnny Depp "won't be working again until his seven-year-old daughter Lily-Rose is fully recovered from the undisclosed illness she has been suffering from for the past several weeks."  

In other words, "Production on the Tim Burton-directed film—the auteur's sixth collaboration with Depp—has been suspended until the actor is ready to come back. He and Paradis [Vanessa Paradis, his longtime girlfriend] are currently looking after their daughter at their home in Bath."

It also says, "The crew at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire, which is also where Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was filmed, has been told that it's out of a job if Depp does not return to the set."

Now, I think it's wonderful that he wants to spend time to make sure that his daughter has fully recovered from whatever it is that she has, but why can't they get someone else to play the part??  (Can you tell that I'm not excited about Johnny Depp doing the movie at all? ::))
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 01:19:50 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #432 on: March 15, 2007, 01:22:50 AM »

With all the money they have between them, how could anyone be " out of a job"...they all take care of eachother.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 01:24:58 AM by Adriana Patti »
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #433 on: March 15, 2007, 01:24:08 AM »

Well, this is naughty, so beware..... but it is late at night, and Boo-key and Adrianna should be asleep and not on here !!

Some of you know that I was around the General Hospital set fairly often around 1967 and 1968.  The wardrobe master was a really funny and nice guy who was not only very cute but had a wicked sense of humor.  And posted on one wall in the wardrobe room was a big, bold, block-lettered sign that said....

"Edith Head gives good wardrobe!"

:-X ~~~~~~~~~ ::)
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

George

« Reply #434 on: March 15, 2007, 01:26:48 AM »

With all the money they have between them, how could anyone be " out of a job"...they all take care of eachother.

The crew, who were hired so that the movie could be made, will be out of a job. :-\ At least, I assumed that they were referring to all of the people that it takes to film a movie...they might have to find other jobs.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 01:28:09 AM by George »

George

« Reply #435 on: March 15, 2007, 01:35:27 AM »

IMBd's Movie News has this:

Johnny Depp's seven-year-old daughter, Lily-Rose, has been released from hospital in London after a frightening bout of blood poisoning. Depp and partner Vanessa Paradis had been keeping a vigil at the child's bedside since she was admitted to London's Great Ormond Street Hospital at the end of February. A source close to Depp tells American publication Us Weekly, "She is doing much better." Despite media reports she had developed the condition after stepping on a rusty nail, the cause has not been confirmed. The source says, "They don't know how she got it." The 43-year-old actor is currently filming a movie version of the stage musical Sweeney Todd in England, which was temporarily put on hold while his daughter was in hospital.

Adriana Patti

« Reply #436 on: March 15, 2007, 01:35:47 AM »

yes, I understood the point the article was making. A film like that must pay well, and they are all promised the offer to return if they do not have to seek out other work. I'm not saying it's right or fair to everyone, but don't you think if you happen to be the directors favorite camera man the director would not make sure you were ok until everything blew over. Most of them are like family (or so I've heard from those who claim to know), and kind to those they like, whether it's the star or the  theoretical new make-up girl that really has potential talent.
-Thomas Edison
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up