News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: IDES  (Read 48802 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:IDES
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2007, 06:52:18 AM »

TOD:

iPod:  Irish music!  The Chieftans, Carrantuohill and Gaelic Storm.  And maybe THE QUIET MAN soundtrack.

Tivo:  Nothing of note currently, though maybe I'll do another rental from Amazon.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2007, 06:56:22 AM »

My Annual March of the Ides Page Two Dance:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2007, 07:01:48 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  Winter has returned to SW Ohio - it's about 40o colder than it was 2 days ago.

Media report - iPod:  Ilene Graff's Baby's Broadway Lullabies, which I found on iTunes on a search for "They Were You"  and the Boston Pops' Celtic Album, conducted by Keith Lockhart, on whom my 88-year-old mother has a terrific crush.

DVD - Mozart's The Marriage of Figaro (thanks, DR Elmore  :-* !)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2007, 07:02:49 AM »

Oh, today's an information waitressing day for me, so I'll be in and out here on HHW.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2007, 07:07:08 AM »

Yesterday DR RonP wrote:
Jennifer, thank you so much for clarifying for me what my opinions are.  

I hope you will note that I never made any claim that MY OPINIONS were anyone else's.  

Indeed, I wish to assure you that I take your opinions at face value as being only YOUR opinions, as well.

I can assure you I hold the same regard for your opinions as you do mine.

Oh well!  I actually do look foward to reading everyone's opinions about IDOL.  And have high regard for them all.

Ben

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2007, 07:07:39 AM »

The weather has changed for the worse here in NY. After a few beautiful late winter days we now have a light snow which is supposed to turn into 3-5 inches of mush by later today. Of course with the weather back in the 50s by the middle of next week the cold won't last long but it's certainly unpleasant while it lasts.

singdaw

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2007, 07:13:47 AM »

**TRAVEL VIBES** for DR Cillaliz!!

**HEALTHY VIBES** for DD Sherlock!!

And thanks, DR Ben, for the great photos.

singdaw

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2007, 07:14:49 AM »

We actually used fartlek training on the swim team in high school.

*standing back and ducking now*

singdaw

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2007, 07:16:20 AM »

DR JoseSPiano, I'll bet you've got many great audition, rehearsal, and performance stories.

How many bars does a singer get at a typical audition these days, in your experience?

singdaw

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2007, 07:22:56 AM »

TOD:

CD player [home]: The View from Here [premiere cast recording]
CD player [car]: The Summer of '42 [the show concert cast, not the movie soundtrack!]
DVD player:  documentary: The Lady in Question is Charles Busch

singdaw

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2007, 07:25:16 AM »

Xerox is moving in and taking 3 floors of our building, so today is packing and moving day here at the office.  Perhaps they'll let us pack and leave early due to projected snow and ice?

singdaw

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2007, 07:27:09 AM »

Illya, Darling is at long last being released on CD.

For those who care about such things.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2007, 07:34:06 AM »

Oy! I forgot I have a date at Realtime msic this afternoon, so all my plans have been flipped.  I've decided to do laundry and work on reports.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2007, 07:42:35 AM »

All I know of Illya, Darling is that they used the song from the movie, Never on a Sunday and that Melina Mecouri, who starred in the movie also starred in the Broadway show.

Illya, Darling

It was also discussed in one of Peter Filichia's columns recently as a precursor to the jukebox musical. Here is a link to said column.

Peter and Illya

singdaw

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2007, 07:52:57 AM »

Thanks for the Filichia link, DR Ben.

His column raises some interesting questions.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2007, 08:09:44 AM »

So, Edi, about Friday, March 30th. I will get tickets for S&V beforehand but when will you be at the theatre? There are no times listed yet for the film. The Web site says "Coming Soon Opens Friday March 30th" Will you be holding a red rose so we may recognize you  :D

Why, I will be wearing my Happy Fingers® beenie, of course! (I really do wish I had one!)

We'll be there before and after the next to the last show (7 or 8?) on both Friday and Saturday (Peter will also be there on Sunday) and then go somewhere nearby for a drink or coffee. Then we may go back to the theatre to be there in case anyone has questions after the last show, or in case anyone else we know went to the late show and wants to go out afterwards.

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2007, 08:14:42 AM »

DR Ben. your pictures brought back fond memories of visiting my editor friend in London back in '91. I hadn't seen him since we had worked together  back in '78, although we had kept in touch all those years. The first thing he wanted to do was go to Sainsbury's and pick up things I might like. it was the first time I had seen all these things---Spotted Dick, Toad in the Hole, and I couldn't stop laughing about it. Those are great pictures!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2007, 08:16:55 AM »

Ben, this is a more accurate photo than the beenie picture. But I won't be in front of an editing computer, as I was when I took this:

Edisaurus

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2007, 08:20:04 AM »

Another take on the Ides of March. "I'm Your Vehicle, Baby"!

Ben

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2007, 08:20:14 AM »

Ah, yes. You have jogged my memory. I remember this picture being posted a while ago when you first being posting.

My memory is now finished with the jog and has returned to my brain so I may continue working on the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.

singdaw

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2007, 08:26:25 AM »

DR FJL -

kitschy coup[/i]??

Attention must be paid.  :)

FJL

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2007, 08:34:16 AM »

Edi - Just wanted to make sure you saw that new discount code for Drowsy Chaperone, which is 5PLAY.  Alas and a lack, there's a lack of a truly substantial discount, it's $85 for a $110 seat, but it looks like you get the same seats for the discount as you would at regular prices.

FJL

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2007, 08:36:12 AM »

I guess the discounts are getting chintzier now that schools are out for their various spring breaks and tourists are becoming more plentiful in NYC.

FJL

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2007, 08:37:35 AM »

Is that how you spell "chintzier?"

Ben

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2007, 08:52:14 AM »

It's correct according to Freedictionary.com

Chintzier

FJL

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2007, 09:01:14 AM »

Looks like it could also be one of those mansierres Miss Karen was talking about, made out of chintz. :)

singdaw

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2007, 09:13:13 AM »

Do mansires wear mansierres?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2007, 09:13:15 AM »

Good morning!

It started raining at 2:25 a.m. (I know the time because it woke me up when it started hitting the windows), and it's been raining ever since. So a cool, rather dreary day for us here.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

singdaw

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2007, 09:14:15 AM »

Horse!

singdaw

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2007, 09:14:27 AM »

Mule!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Up