Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down

Author Topic: IDES  (Read 49131 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:IDES
« Reply #480 on: March 16, 2007, 11:37:53 PM »

I have absolutely no memory of the story line. I remember a bit of the title song. Never has a show left so little an impression on me. But it didn't have anything to do with the show; I was probably in the midst of some teenage angst.

It is the musical version of the play TWO FOR THE SEESAW about the married lawyer haivng the affair with the young dancer.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #481 on: March 16, 2007, 11:38:26 PM »

Except for his politics, of course...  ;D

Notes are being taken; oh yes, notes, and names,  are very definitely being taken!

der Brucer 8)
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

MBarnum

« Reply #482 on: March 16, 2007, 11:41:06 PM »

Got a jump start on my weekend Bollywood movie...KABUL EXPRESS (2006). This was India's entry for consideration for the Oscars...and it was a pretty good movie...

...it is about 2 Indian journalists in Afghanistan who hire an Afghan to help take them to a place where they hope they can meet and interview a Taliban fighter. Along the way they hook up with a female American photo-journalist and a Pakistani Talib who takes the group hostage and forces them to drive him to the border. The movie spends 2 days with this group of 5.

This is one of the rare Indian films without any musical numbers...however there is still a soundtrack album (none of the songs are actually featured in the movie, however) but in the extras it has John Abraham and one of the other leads doing a music video to one of the songs.

MBarnum

« Reply #483 on: March 16, 2007, 11:43:13 PM »

I don't know DR Edisaurus, but I will say that I would like to see George Clooney in something, as well!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #484 on: March 16, 2007, 11:44:35 PM »

Got a jump start on my weekend Bollywood movie...KABUL EXPRESS (2006). This was India's entry for consideration for the Oscars...and it was a pretty good movie...

...it is about 2 Indian journalists in Afghanistan who hire an Afghan to help take them to a place where they hope they can meet and interview a Taliban fighter. Along the way they hook up with a female American photo-journalist and a Pakistani Talib who takes the group hostage and forces them to drive him to the border. The movie spends 2 days with this group of 5.

This is one of the rare Indian films without any musical numbers...however there is still a soundtrack album (none of the songs are actually featured in the movie, however) but in the extras it has John Abraham and one of the other leads doing a music video to one of the songs.

And, of course, your watching the movie would have nothing to do with John Abraham.
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #485 on: March 16, 2007, 11:44:46 PM »

I also agree about DR Cason being huge someday! I really wish there had been some agents at the play, because I am positive Cason would have been snapped up! He really is that good...and he seems to have a level head on his shoulders, also, which should get him far in life!

MBarnum

« Reply #486 on: March 16, 2007, 11:46:28 PM »

And, of course, your watching the movie would have nothing to do with John Abraham.

Well of course not...you know me TCB,  I am a student of quality film making. I hardly even noticed that John Abraham was in it...(that is why I had to get out my glasses.)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #487 on: March 16, 2007, 11:48:19 PM »

Well of course not...you know me TCB,  I am a student of quality film making. I hardly even noticed that John Abraham was in it...(that is why I had to get out my glasses.)

Binoculars?
“One thing’s universal,

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #488 on: March 16, 2007, 11:49:18 PM »

I also agree about DR Cason being huge someday! I really wish there had been some agents at the play,

I also liked the woman who played "Joyce" and the man who played "Fred" -- heck, I enjoyed almost everyone in the show!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

MBarnum

« Reply #489 on: March 17, 2007, 12:01:37 AM »

Me too Laura...I even liked the General (just don't tell BK!)

But Cason and the silent soldier (Efrem Sanchez, I think was the actor) were the two who impressed me the most..oh, and the gal who played the daughter (whose name is totally escaping me right now...I am too sleepy).

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #490 on: March 17, 2007, 12:05:55 AM »

and the gal who played the daughter (whose name is totally escaping me right now...I am too sleepy).

Merrill Grant?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Miss Karen

« Reply #491 on: March 17, 2007, 12:33:08 AM »

I also agree about DR Cason being huge someday! I really wish there had been some agents at the play, because I am positive Cason would have been snapped up! He really is that good...and he seems to have a level head on his shoulders, also, which should get him far in life!

You and DR Edi are scoring major points .. I may have to send you a case of hotdogs and a package of briefs, DR MBarnum...

Miss Karen

« Reply #492 on: March 17, 2007, 12:34:18 AM »

Greetings DR Tomovoz -- quiet around the ol' joint, huh?

Miss Karen

« Reply #493 on: March 17, 2007, 12:36:10 AM »

It's so quiet, I could shameless post until the cows come home and no one would be the wiser...

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #494 on: March 17, 2007, 12:37:57 AM »

It is the musical version of the play TWO FOR THE SEESAW about the married lawyer haivng the affair with the young dancer.

And John Gavin was the lawyer and Tommy Tune the dancer?

I think I would have remembered that!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #495 on: March 17, 2007, 12:40:16 AM »

But Cason and the silent soldier (Efrem Sanchez, I think was the actor) were the two who impressed me the most..oh, and the gal who played the daughter (whose name is totally escaping me right now...I am too sleepy).

I liked the General, too. At first I thought, WTF?? But his performance grew on me.

And I LOVE Egbert!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #496 on: March 17, 2007, 12:42:37 AM »

SPIDER BABY is on TCM at 2 am EST or EDST whichever we are in now....

Pretty nice looking print!

Miss Howe looks like Meryl Streep in The Manchurian Candidate.

Miss Karen

« Reply #497 on: March 17, 2007, 12:53:32 AM »

I liked the General, too. At first I thought, WTF?? But his performance grew on me.

And I LOVE Egbert!

I loved the Brain, too!  Those 3 aliens were the scene stealers for sure in my humble opinion...the general had his moments, but I know how it drives directors nuts when you have a loose cannon on stage (I saw the Brain three times that weekend, and the guy was throwing a lot of stuff in there, some stuck, some didn't so I can see why bk wanted to "brain" him -- espeically if he asked him to stop it -- the guy pulls that on a professional stage and his understudy's gonna love him)

Miss Karen

« Reply #498 on: March 17, 2007, 01:05:07 AM »

Speaking of our GM, he must have gone to the House of Pies (or some food establishment) after the play -- the witching hour is close at hand and no sign of our fearless leader...

Miss Karen

« Reply #499 on: March 17, 2007, 01:06:15 AM »

I'll see if we can make it to Post #500 as a surprise for when he returns...

Miss Karen

« Reply #500 on: March 17, 2007, 01:06:42 AM »

Post #500!!  Hee-Hah!

Miss Karen

« Reply #501 on: March 17, 2007, 01:09:23 AM »

der Brucer will be so sad he missed his chance to be part of the shameless posting frenzy...and I'm so sad he's not here to go ERG!...

Tomovoz

« Reply #502 on: March 17, 2007, 01:36:25 AM »

Hello from Oz.  Guess I was still logged on earlier.  I so often forget to leave! A dreadful guest at parties. (OK I loathe parties and I am always a Guest).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #503 on: March 17, 2007, 01:41:59 AM »

The General's performance grew on me, too - like a fungus.  Back from the play, and shall now write the notes in a trice.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #504 on: March 17, 2007, 01:42:47 AM »

edisaurus, just send everything whenever you finish the DVDs (and please do the dvd of the DV cam).  Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up