Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HYPNOTIC I  (Read 71710 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE HYPNOTIC I
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2007, 01:44:31 AM »

Perhaps we hypnotized them with our posting prowess?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Miss Karen

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2007, 01:44:44 AM »

Here goes the flip if DR DCelt hasn't beat me to it...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2007, 01:44:52 AM »

Page 2 dance!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2007, 01:44:58 AM »

:: slaps George with a feather boa :::

George, my good freind it is time to snap out of it... ;)

Fine...here's my post:
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2007, 01:45:03 AM »

You're getting sleepy...

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2007, 01:45:09 AM »

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Ebsen danced from film to school
Buddy's sister Vilma, 96, teamed with him, taught for decades.
Long Beach Press Telegram

THOUSAND OAKS - Vilma Ebsen, who danced in the film "Broadway Melody of 1936" with her brother Buddy long before he became famous on "The Beverly Hillbillies," has died. She was 96.

Vilma Ebsen, a dance instructor and co-owner of the old Ebsen School of Dancing in Pacific Palisades, died March 12 at the Thousand Oaks Health Care Center, her son Robert Dolan said Tuesday.

As she grew up, she taught at her father's Orlando, Fla., dance school, then joined her brother in New York for the Broadway run of the musical "Whoopee."

They teamed up and Vilma and Buddy Ebsen were featured in the vaudeville revue "Broadway Stars of the Future." The song and dance team also appeared in the Broadway musical revue "Flying Colors," in which they introduced "A Shine on Your Shoes." They were featured in the 1934 edition of "Ziegfeld Follies," in which they sang "I Like the Likes of You."

They came to Hollywood the following year to appear in the 1935 MGM movie musical "Broadway Melody of 1936," in which the Ebsens introduced "Sing Before Breakfast" on a brownstone rooftop with Eleanor Powell. They also performed "On a Sunday Afternoon" and danced in the big "Broadway Rhythm" finale.

It was her only movie appearance.

Buddy Ebsen went on to appear in other movies and Vilma returned to New York where husband Robert Emmett Dolan was a Broadway conductor. She appeared in the musical comedy "Between the Devil," which ran on Broadway from 1937 to 1938.

Vilma and her husband moved to Pacific Palisades in 1941 with their toddler son Robert. Dolan, who became a seven-time Academy Award-nominated film composer, and Ebsen later divorced.

In 1948, she married tennis player Stanley Briggs and the couple had a a son, Michael.

Vilma Ebsen and sister Helga started the Ebsen School of Dancing in 1943, focusing on ballet and tap dancing for children. It operated until the mid-1990s.

"It really became her life," son Robert Dolan said. "She's got adoring students that go back for decades."

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2007, 01:45:17 AM »

Where did DR Jorge go?... and DR Ron? ...they must be in a hypnotic state and unable to post..

Heather Mills (formerly Mrs. Paul McCartney) was just on "The Tonight Show" with Jay Leno and I haven't watched "Dancing With the Stars" and wanted to see her interview.  She told the story of how she lost her leg!  She seems to be very well adjusted and was able to joke about it.  She also said that Paul just sent her flowers.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 01:46:41 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2007, 01:45:38 AM »

we done flipped it in a hypnotic trance!

Miss Karen

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2007, 01:46:22 AM »

The Page 2 Hypnotic Trance Dance...it's a bit like the dance of the 7 veils...very seduction and hypnotic..the boys don't know what they're missing...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2007, 01:46:23 AM »

Fine...here's my post:

Karen, the feather boa worked!

George

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2007, 01:47:13 AM »

Are you happy?!?!  Are you happy?!?!  Are you happy?!?!  

;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2007, 01:47:57 AM »

The Page 2 Hypnotic Trance Dance...it's a bit like the dance of the 7 veils...very seduction and hypnotic..the boys don't know what they're missing...

My dear, I like how you think!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2007, 01:48:39 AM »

Are you happy?!?!  Are you happy?!?!  Are you happy?!?!  

;)

:)

Miss Karen

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2007, 01:48:40 AM »

Well, look who all snapped out of it and decided to join the par-tay!

They're Alive!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2007, 01:49:05 AM »

AMEN!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2007, 01:49:55 AM »

Karen, I think we need to hypnotize the casting people for Cason's sake!

Miss Karen

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2007, 01:49:56 AM »

Finally!  I thought we might have to call 911 there for second..

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2007, 01:50:36 AM »

wonder if paramedics know how to get a person out of a hypnotic state?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2007, 01:51:53 AM »

Hmmm only 23 posts to page 3

George

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2007, 01:52:44 AM »

And now I'm going to sign off.  My tummy's a little upset (not at anyone here ;)) and I don't know why.  I took some KrogerŪ Calcium Antacid Tables (regular strength...peppermint naturally flavored) and need to go to sleep.  So, good night, DakotaCelt, Miss Karen and our very own BK!  Sleep well, all!!

Miss Karen

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2007, 01:52:56 AM »

wonder if paramedics know how to get a person out of a hypnotic state?

tell them to use a feather boa...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2007, 01:53:04 AM »

I have heard a new definition for describing cooking

"Meat shrinks,  Noodles Grow.. .. It is all too confusing"

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2007, 01:54:08 AM »

tell them to use a feather boa...

I will tender the recommendation

Miss Karen

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2007, 01:54:18 AM »

DR DCelt -- let's get this baby to page 3 and then I'm out'a here..

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2007, 01:54:43 AM »

NN George, I hope you feel better tomorrow... Take care!

George

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2007, 01:55:08 AM »

Okay, I'll help push us to Page 3...twist my arm.

Miss Karen

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2007, 01:55:15 AM »

"Meat shrinks,  Noodles Grow.. .. It is all too confusing"

:o

George

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2007, 01:55:20 AM »

;)

George

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2007, 01:55:38 AM »

Are we there yet??

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2007, 01:55:38 AM »

posting, posting, posting
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26   Go Up