Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: YOU KNOW THE DRILL  (Read 53379 times)

singdaw

Re:YOU KNOW THE DRILL
« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2007, 03:25:10 PM »

And all the bk books.  Now I have my homework assignment!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2007, 03:25:27 PM »

Thanks for the updates, PennyO.  This is certainly better news than we first thought.  Continued vibes for the whole family, especially sweet  little (BIG) Sherlock.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2007, 03:25:39 PM »

Good news about Sherlock!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2007, 03:25:55 PM »

How can we possibly still be on page five.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2007, 03:26:17 PM »

I'd say four hundred is looking a wee bit doubtful, wouldn't you?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2007, 03:28:32 PM »

I'd say four hundred is looking a wee bit doubtful, wouldn't you?

At the moment, three hundred is looking doubtful!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2007, 03:34:01 PM »

And the word of the day is: IDIOLECT!
Hockney the Cockney had an interesting IDIOLECT - IT COILED around whole ranges of rhymes like a well-OILED TIC, driving all his friends nuts.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Michael

« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2007, 03:45:06 PM »

Going to see 300.

I hope it's enjoyable.
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2007, 03:45:13 PM »

Now I want to see a picture of Ben's DH Ant and my frame of reference will be complete!

Here they are at Christmas from a couple of years ago (I think):
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2007, 03:45:47 PM »

I didn't take that picture.  Ben posted it and I saved it. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2007, 03:47:32 PM »

Will we never get to page four?

I'm certain.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2007, 03:51:38 PM »

Will we never get to page five?

Maybe.

Matt H.

« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2007, 03:54:50 PM »

Yes, we do appreciate the updates, DR PennyO. Thanks so much for them.

Ben

« Reply #163 on: March 24, 2007, 03:55:24 PM »

Thank you George, for posting that picture of us at our Christmas tree. It was 2005 IIRC. I was going to post a picture but I'll refrain so that the uploader won't fill up.

Ben

« Reply #164 on: March 24, 2007, 03:55:53 PM »

Very good news about Sherlock (as good as it can get given the circumstances).

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: March 24, 2007, 03:56:03 PM »

I like the new avatar very much, DR George. And thanks for the other pics, too.

Ben

« Reply #166 on: March 24, 2007, 03:56:16 PM »

Very nice new picture George!

George

« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2007, 03:57:10 PM »

I like the new avatar very much, DR George. And thanks for the other pics, too.

Thanks and you're welcome!

George

« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2007, 03:57:30 PM »

Very nice new picture George!

And thank you!

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2007, 03:59:22 PM »

I had a busy afternoon, but I did have time to watch an hour of a movie on DVD - the 1989 BATMAN.

At the Home Theater Forum, there has been a thread posted by someone who thought the new transfer for the special edition of this film was abominable. I did watch it when I first got the set, but I didn't remember having any problems with it, but this poster has been so adament about its lapses that I took it out this afternoon and watched the first hour of it. Perfectly fine transfer. Skin tones and overall color saturation are very good. It's a very dark, moody film, and the CGI looks fairly primitive compared to what we have today, so those CGI shots sometimes look a little blurry and washed out, but I remember the film looking like that in the theater, too, so I have no problem with this newer transfer, and I'll post this when I go there later.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 04:00:05 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2007, 04:01:42 PM »

Tonight my reunion with Ken Russell's THE MUSIC LOVERS on laserdisc and will also probably get to Thursday's night's SUPERNATURAL.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2007, 04:03:07 PM »

I like the name Zoloft, but I'm not sure it produces the effects I'm looking for.  I think the closest is Valium, but Valium seems so yesterday.  I'm looking for today's Valium - the hip thing with the rich crowd, whether kids or adults to zone them out and treat depression.  Prozac is probably what I'll end up using (not personally - for the book).
I'm sure you're not really looking for an anti-depressant, esteemed BK.  They usually take several weeks to take effect, and are not prescribed to make people "zone out."  The idea is to give the patient emotional balance, to reduce the mood swings, not to remove the actual emotions nor to remove them from reality.  (Trust me, I'm on cytalopram, I've got personal experience here.)

For "zoning out," I would suggest a tranquilizer.  But I've little (read "no") experience with them.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ben

« Reply #172 on: March 24, 2007, 04:03:22 PM »

Well, I'm annoyed at my local PBS station (Channel 21). As you may remember from old posts, they have been showing As Time Goes By from the beginning. They have shown it for months now (with time off for pledge breaks). Well, the last time they showed the program was February 23 and they had Episodes 601 and 602 (Series or Season 6, episodes 1 and 2). The pledge weeks (3 weeks total) are now over for the time being and the program is back on Friday nights form 9-10. The problem is they skipped two programs. When the first one began the characters were talking about things that we didn't remember and we thought it was just because we hadn't seen it for three weeks but when the show was over I went to the Web site and saw that they restarted with Episodes 5 and 6, skipping 3 and 4. There is a Web site dedicated to Britcoms and I checked it out. The descriptions of those episodes make the two we saw last night make more sense but we still missed them! I have written an e-mail to WLIW mentioning how they missed airing two of the episodes. I don't know if they will try to air them at some point or if they will respond to my e-mail. It's not a big deal, missing two episodes of an old television show but since we were watching them from the beginning and many of them were new to us, it would have been nice to say that we finally saw the entire show. Oh, well. There are worse things that could happen.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2007, 04:14:04 PM »

Okay - so here's the scoop:

As I write, Jane and Keith and Mr. Sherlock Puppyboy Lassner are driving south from Portland, to reach the Ashland Homeland by early evening, i'm guessing.

...Great news: Doc said they won't have to crate him all that time - if he can be calm and act like a 12-year-old, he can hang with the peeps....
Say huh?  I've yet to meet a calm 12-year-old.  They don't exist.

Continued vibes for the Sherlockster

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2007, 04:15:56 PM »

Maybe our Esteemed BK's character can be slipped some of DD Sherlock's tranks!

That could make Esteemed BK's character dog tired!!!

;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2007, 04:18:38 PM »

How can we possibly still be on page five.  
I believe we are on page six!

Cillaliz

« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2007, 04:19:39 PM »

Cilla, you've got PM.

I get PMS, too, but that's another story. Sorry it took so long to reply I was out shopping and doing other things

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2007, 04:26:19 PM »

Heading down now to mop the kitchen floor (wasn't home yesterday afternoon/evening to do it), and then settle in for a night of viewing.

WBBL.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #178 on: March 24, 2007, 04:26:26 PM »

A very nice package arrived in the mail today from Marietta, GA.  Der Brucer tried to keep it from me, of course, tease that he is.  Inside the box were the very nicely bound scripts and recipes for Good Eats, season three.

Thank-you very much, DR Edisaurus!  I'm going to enjoy reading the scripts and comparing them to the final product.  (Thankfully, all but two of the episodes are on DVD, and I'm not sure "Tofuworld" will ever be preserved on disc.   ::))

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2007, 04:29:27 PM »

At some time, I really should wake der Brucer so we can go to the store and find fresh veggies for dindin.  But he looks so sweet and peaceful there on the couch, with his feet propped up atop Fletcher.

I'm not even thinking of taking a picture.  Sorry, but he'd kill me.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18   Go Up