Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THROES OF APRIL  (Read 59747 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE THROES OF APRIL
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2007, 02:26:39 AM »

Umm. Apparently not.

I will send you a PM... It is a family board you know....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2007, 02:29:09 AM »

Page 2 Dance!!!

Choco cake dance

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2007, 02:35:16 AM »

Love Nutella on English Muffins or toast....

Tomovoz

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2007, 02:37:07 AM »

A packet of Tim Tams is within my line of my vision at the moment.  They are chocolate coated biscuits.  (Cookies to North America).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2007, 02:43:55 AM »

They are good!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2007, 02:55:57 AM »

A local delicacy...

Widman's candy makes a fantastic treat!

Chocolate Chippers... (THey come in White, milk and/or dark chocolate)

I gaurantee you cannot eat just one!

However in ND we also have some choco covered Sunflower seeds but right now the name of the place that makes them escapes me right now..

singdaw

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2007, 06:25:18 AM »

DR DearReaderLaura:

Wonderful pictures of the knobs and knockers ceilings and doors from Las Vegas - where else on the internet could you get that kind of stuff?  Thanks for sharing!!

singdaw

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2007, 06:25:58 AM »

DR Cillaliz -

CONGRATULATIONS on winning your dream - weatherperson for a day!!  I hope we'll be allowed to view a clip of the results!

Cillaliz

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2007, 06:32:54 AM »

Well I'm up. I got up, snuck down the stairs to take my shower and when I got back upstairs my parents were up, dressed, making their beds and anxious to get on the road. No time for breakfast, they are almost there.  
So they are on the road and I have a little time before work.

They both said they slept well (about 9 hours)  and I'm really glad they stopped.  It's a very easy drive from here to their house. Mom said she just couldn't wait to get home and sit in her recliner until she's feeling better

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2007, 06:34:11 AM »

DR Laura - you are kidding about the mental eval, right?  I was looking for an "April Fools" but didn't see it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2007, 06:36:05 AM »

DR TCB - The guy who called me about the prize is sort of a friend of mine, but this wasn't a joke. He's one of the organizers of Rivercade, the festival that held the fundraising auction.  The deadline to get back to them was last Wednesday, so it doesn't surprise me that they decided to give the person a week before moving to the next on the list.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2007, 06:38:05 AM »

I will get details about the weather thing in the mail then I contact the station to set up the time and date.  The fun thing is that my friends and family at the lake get this station so they can all set their vcrs.   I know i get a copy, not sure if it's be online.

Here's the tv station's website  www.ktiv.com

singdaw

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2007, 06:41:17 AM »

WOD:

DR JoseSPiano will be in the NY Metro conurbation later this week.

Cillaliz

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2007, 06:44:41 AM »

Well I better get ready and get to work.   Laters

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2007, 06:48:26 AM »

Good Morning!

Well... I shall have to query and follow up on things when I return tonight.  -Whenever that turns out to be.  Alas, I'm back at the Equity building today with Gypsy, and there's no wireless there, so, I shall be internet-deprived during the daytime today.  And after those auditions, it looks like I'm heading around the corner to attend the gypsy run-thru of Legally Blonde.  I think.  I also got invited to a press night of a friend's show too.  However, I'm thinking the best thing for me to do would be to head back here tonight, and get some laundry and cleaning and sorting of mail done.  We shall see.  Until tonight...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2007, 06:51:47 AM »

I didn't report about yesterday. We also had a wonderful time. The fried chicken was great. I haven't had FC (not Foundation Center) for a long time and this was delish! The Red Velvet Cake was not only delish but beautiful. VixMom, Skip has a picture of the cake, perhaps he can send it to you.

We returned home, I took a nap and then rode the stationary bike for 90 minutes in preparation for our trip to Florida in May. No, we are not biking down, but if I'm going to Floriday in the middle of may and wearing shorts and a bathing suit, I will make sure my midriff is not the main thing you see when you look at me. We have been very good for the last month and a half. We eat much more healthily (is that word???) I ride every day and Ant does his workout. Though it doesn't look like I need to, I have lost almost 15 pound (from 135 to almost 120). I'm back to my college weight from some 30 years ago. Now, I also have to see how much (if any) my cholesterol has gone down. That's part of it also. I need to get that C word down to a managable level. I will have a physical soon and see how well exercise and diet are working to clean out my bloodstream.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 06:52:37 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2007, 06:53:29 AM »

Oh, yes! Congrats to Cill on the television debut. First New York and your Broadway stage debut and now television. Soon you'll have a spot on Court TV and you can displace Miss Nancy Grace.

Tomovoz

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2007, 06:53:58 AM »

Good morning Ben.  Goodnight from OZ.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2007, 06:54:39 AM »

Before I leave, here is the link to Mr. Nondorf's Playbill On-Line Column (some of you may know him better as Rodzinski).

Leading Men

Ben

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2007, 06:55:22 AM »

Good Morning and Good Night to Tom (of Oz, not Mr. Nondorf)

singdaw

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2007, 07:08:21 AM »

**DR JANE**

This recipe appears to be almost identical to yours, and includes the directions:

Black Bottom Cupcakes I

Chocolate cream cheese cupcakes, rich and gooey. Serve these little gems with a tall glass of ice cold milk.

Original recipe yield:
2 dozen cupcakes

PREP TIME    30 Min
COOK TIME    30 Min
READY IN    1 Hr

INGREDIENTS
•   1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
•   1 egg
•   1/3 cup white sugar
•   1/8 teaspoon salt
•   1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
•   1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
•   1 cup white sugar
•   1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
•   1 teaspoon baking soda
•   1/2 teaspoon salt
•   1 cup water
•   1/3 cup vegetable oil
•   1 tablespoon cider vinegar
•   1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

1.   Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line muffin tins with paper cups or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.

2.   In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt until light and fluffy. Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.

3.   In a large bowl, mix together the flour, 1 cup sugar, cocoa, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Make a well in the center and add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir together until well blended. Fill muffin tins 1/3 full with the batter and top with a dollop of the cream cheese mixture.

4.   Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.

singdaw

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2007, 07:10:03 AM »

TOD:

I much prefer anything dark chocolate to milk or white chocolate.

My problem is will power: I have none.  Once I start eating chocolate, I can't stop.  So I almost never allow myself to have any.  :(

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2007, 07:46:28 AM »

Good morning, all!  Another night of lousy sleep, and I think it's the meds.  Oy!

So, today I work at home on a report about critical editions, do some laundry, run a few errands, tidy up the dump, and pack for what I hope will be my last trek to Ohio for some time.

DR Rodzinski, nice interview.  I saw Mr Crofoot two or three times in BARNUM, Mr Holgate in the original cast of 1776 (as well as in LEND ME A TENOR and the KISS ME, KATE revival), and I worked with Andre in 2004 for the Chicago Humanities Festival).  He's a wonderful gentleman, and I'm quite fond of him.  Our DR WFO went to school with Andre, and I saw him several times in the original AIN'T MISBEHAVIN' and once in a dreadful version of JUST SO.  I believe John Simon's review said "Just So is Just Awful."  Andre wore some feathered headdress and looked like Eartha Kitt, and Jason Graae was also in it.  JUST SO stank.

TOD:
   Mathilde Pincus, the doyenne of music copyists was the lady who perfected the technique of contemporary Broadway music copying in New York in the early 1950s.  She was also a wonderful earth mother to all the writers she worked with: Jonathan Tunick, Steve Sondheim, John Kander, etc.  Everyone loved her, and with the excetion of one short, fat egocentric "conductor" of dubious ability, she loved everyone she worked for.  Whenever I went to Mathilde's, I always stopped in the corner drugstore and brought her a bag of Hershey Kisses, since a large jar of them sat on her desk.  She once tld me that her writers would send her expensive chocolates but she preferred Hershey Kisses.  

I loves me my Godivas, but whenever I have a piece of a Hershey bar or a kiss, I remember Mathilde and what a great lady she was.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2007, 07:48:18 AM »

For bk, and others with limited time:

The Two Minute Haggadah: A Passover service for the impatient,
here.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2007, 07:50:36 AM »

DR Laura, I love your new photographic direction!  Though I also enjoyed the continuation of your ceiling phase, I think Door Knobs of Vegas definitely has the makings of a coffee table book.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaοs Nin

FJL

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2007, 07:58:33 AM »

DR Laura, thanks for posting the Veags photos.  Reminded me that I've got to get back there - it's been too long.

FJL

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2007, 07:59:02 AM »

Spoo, did I misspell Veags earlier?

FJL

« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2007, 08:01:34 AM »

Did vixmom really want a picture of the red velvet cake?  (The pre-cutting photo won't show any of the "red velvet."  :)  )

The photo of the fried chicken, however, is scrumptious, IMHO.  Brings back fond memories of, well, yesterday.

FJL

« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2007, 08:03:08 AM »

HER KNOBS - my new movie treatment about Laura's Vegas travails, related so convincingly on April 1.  :)

FJL

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2007, 08:04:06 AM »

It's Passover tonight, and the charoses represents the mortar used for the pyramids, or soemthing like that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Up