Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: DANDRUFF IN THE YEAR 2007  (Read 49813 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
DANDRUFF IN THE YEAR 2007
« on: April 03, 2007, 01:05:14 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had dandruff, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're having some problem with dandruff right now.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 01:24:16 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:DANDRUFF IN THE YEAR 2007
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 01:07:23 AM »

And the word of the day is: DASYPYGAL!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 01:07:50 AM »

I await pithy comments on THAT word.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 01:14:12 AM »

He spotted the Day Spy Gal working on the wharf!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 01:18:38 AM »

TOD:

Cheese.... one of my favorite food groups!

I love American, cheddar, brie (great on toasted french bread), muenster (or as my nephew used to call it - monster cheeser), cheddar, provolone, Swiss. Fresh parmesan is wonderful on spaghetti and noodles in general.

I am not a huge fan of bleu cheese.

I also like cheddar and I find it a versatile thing to have around the kitchen for you can add it to many dishes. I also like nibbling on cheese and summer sausage with wheat crackers.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 01:19:22 AM »

a student worker tonight brought in an interesting item I have never tried before. Matzo balls.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 01:25:40 AM »

Cute picture Edi of Walt and the stuffed cows. I particularly like the cow in the Spamalot t-shirt. I would love to see that someday.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 02:20:51 AM »

I haven't had many different kinds of cheeses...mostly the standards:  cheddar, mozzarella (especially fresh mozzarella), parmesan, monterey jack (love this on pizza), , cream, ricotta.  That's all I can think of right now. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 03:01:00 AM »

Cute picture Edi of Walt and the stuffed cows. I particularly like the cow in the Spamalot t-shirt. I would love to see that someday.

The kitty in the picture is Elmo, my cow cat, who is wishing Walt well.

The TV he's sitting on died and now we have a flat screen TV, so he can't perch up there anymore!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 03:03:54 AM »

BK, we're getting in Wed PM, although I am toying with the idea of paying an extra 100 bucks to cheange my ticket to Thursday afternoon. There's too much going on and I still have had very little sleep. I will only have 1 hour to do everything I need to do after I get home from the hospital tomorrow night if we leave as planned. I haven't even rented a car!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 03:08:58 AM »

I would suggest BK come to the Friday night screening, because Peter will be at that one to do a short Q&A. We probably wouldn't be available to go out until after the second show, which might be too late for some people. (The times haven't been announced yet.)

But we would also be available other times, too!

Edisaurus

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 03:09:31 AM »

I will try to catch some more zzzzzzz's....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 03:53:39 AM »

Good morning, all!  This morning I fly back to Ohio, so I can use all the travel vibes you can send this way.  I'm hoping the week will be peaceful and busy, with no major sturm und drang and that I will see a few good friends and have a pleasant sojourn.  

So, I'll be back this afternoon when I arrive at my destination.

DR Tomovoz, spiffy new avatar!  Very dashing.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 05:37:45 AM »

A very good morning to all!

Safe travel vibes to DR Elmore!  

Well, the good news is I didn't break my toe.  The bad new is that it still hurt like heck.  I couldn't think of anything but getting home to the recliner.  

It's finely on the mend.

I hope everyone is doing well!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 05:38:53 AM »

Hi DR Ben!  How is the weather in NYC?

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 05:39:57 AM »

Gotta scoot--Have a wonderful day everyone!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ben

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 05:51:07 AM »

I missed Danise! I was catching up on last night's posts.

The weather in NYC is strange. It's early April but we are still in March mode weather. It's in the 40s and should be for most of the week, even Easter Sunday. Oh, well. At least it's not rain or snow.

Ben

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 05:51:20 AM »

Vibes for Edi's Dad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ben

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 05:51:34 AM »

Vibes for Larry's travel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ben

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 05:53:08 AM »

Mornin' Woody.

I'm off to wash my oatmeal bowl and then I have to finish work on my Power Point presentation.

Later!

P.S. Jose, Ant said it was very good to see you. He said he didn't come in for the Gypsy call because it's Patti and Arthur Laurents and he figures it's almost completely pre-cast.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 05:54:59 AM »

A GYPSY LAD, Raoul by name,
I claim as my most furry pal.
He's rightly proud of his hairy chest,
But he's also quite DASYPYGAL!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 05:55:45 AM »

Scrub that oatmeal bowl, Ben!  Scrub it good!

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 06:02:04 AM »

I do love Parmesan when it's freshly grated.  Throw those little green canisters out - nasty stuff in comparison.

And yes, brie is wonderful, soft and runny.

Blue cheeses are also at the top of my list.  Magic Mommy cannot stand them, of course, because she cannot stand food that smells.  Der Brucer brought some to her house once, to serve on a cheese tray as an appetizer, and she freaked and insisted that it be removed to the kitchen.  It went to the kitchen... and so did we!  Yummers!

And a really good Swiss cheese can be considered the hole-y grail!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 06:03:56 AM »

And it's already time to get ready for work!

I've got a full, eight-hour shift today.  After, I think I'll roast a leg of lamb.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2007, 06:04:30 AM »

That's because we've got leg of lamb on sale.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2007, 06:04:59 AM »

$1.99 a pound.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2007, 06:05:34 AM »

That's a savings of $2.00 per pound, at least.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2007, 06:05:59 AM »

Yummers.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2007, 06:06:40 AM »

With garlic and rosemary, of course.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2007, 06:07:12 AM »

And Brussels sprouts and taters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Up