Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: HOO AND RAY, IT'S MAY  (Read 91988 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:HOO AND RAY, IT'S MAY
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2007, 08:37:52 AM »

...some interesting events, mostly centered around a vitriolic hateful email filled with lies by a delusional Fat Conductor of Enormous Ego and Little Talent whose career is on the skids.  While I wasn't at all surprised to receive it since Maestro the Whale has been causing trouble for a month now, I was both amused and amazed at the number of lies in his allegations about me that he actually committed to print.  

...a libelous display!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2007, 08:42:42 AM »

That is my May Day resolution.

What?  You're going to change your spots on this first day of May, the month of "yes you may," the time for ev'ry frivolous whim, proper or "im"?

I can't believe it.

I won't believe it.

Hah!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2007, 08:43:03 AM »

I started Page 5.

singdaw

« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2007, 08:44:55 AM »

Watch out for that lamp post, DR Ron Pulliam!   :)

MBarnum

« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2007, 08:49:15 AM »

I cannot think of anything in particular that stands out for me in the month of May...other then it is a month with some wonderful weather here in Oregon. So that is a nice thing.

MBarnum

« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2007, 08:50:16 AM »

I picked up season 1 of FLIPPER yesterday. Did anyone else buy it? Just curious.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2007, 08:51:04 AM »

I saw that FLIPPER was available, but I have not yet taken advantage of that fact.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2007, 08:51:09 AM »

Well, I have hundreds of applications for wanna-be Supreme Court and Court of Appeals law clerks to go through, so I best get going on that.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2007, 08:54:30 AM »

Well, I have hundreds of applications for wanna-be Supreme Court and Court of Appeals law clerks to go through, so I best get going on that.

Their future is in your hands!  ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2007, 09:05:46 AM »

Watch out for that lamp post, DR Ron Pulliam!   :)

Anything can happen in May -- that lovely month when ev'ryone goes Blissfully astray.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2007, 09:29:17 AM »

Anybody got any tips on the Derby this weekend?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2007, 09:31:17 AM »

Don't bet your retirement pension!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2007, 09:38:59 AM »

I had expectations (Oh my, yes! E-x-p-e-c-t-a-t-i-o-n-s!) that I'd receive my DVD box of Tyrone Power movies today.

I received a shipping notification over the weekend.  So, this morning, I "tracked" my UPS shipment to see if it was "out for delivery".

What I found, instead:

04/30/2007  9:06 P.M.  MERCHANDISE IS MISSING. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH ADDITIONAL DETAILS.;ALL MERCHANDISE MISSING, EMPTY CARTON WAS DISCARDED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE  

Aughghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghgh!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 09:39:23 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2007, 09:44:44 AM »

At least I should be getting "Dreamgirls" and "Will and Grace: Season 6" today.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2007, 09:45:49 AM »

Anybody got any tips on the Derby this weekend?

Barbaro is a longshot.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2007, 09:46:06 AM »

Re: last night's HEROES

SPOILERS

I also really liked last night's show.

There were so many moments that had me going "wow".  Nathan comforting/confronting claire and then turning into sylar.  Peter and niki as a couple.  Matt working homeland security. Suresh working for nathan.  Nathan covering up for peter.  Suresh putting the needle in the haitian.  So much great stuff!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 09:47:53 AM by Jennifer »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2007, 09:53:33 AM »

MR BK - does Margaret know that her one of her father's most famous films QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE (with friend of DR MBARNUM, Laurie Mitchell as the titular character) with be coming out on DVD next month?

She does indeed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2007, 09:54:42 AM »

Graae has done the Blow Me song for years as his encore - he did it at LACC last summer.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2007, 09:55:28 AM »

I got about two-and-a-half hours more sleep.  It's overcast out, but I shall jog - perhaps at noon, after I've shipped, since I must de-groggify.

singdaw

« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2007, 10:03:14 AM »

At least I should be getting "Dreamgirls" and "Will and Grace: Season 6" today.

DR Ron Pulliam - I am truly sorry about your Tyrone Power set!!   >:(

Just curious...when you pre-order new releases, do you find that you generally receive them on the release day?  If not, how much of a lag time do you generally experience?

I have no patience, so I usually try to go to a brick and mortar on a release day, but more and more lately that is proving frustrating, too...

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2007, 10:06:14 AM »

Just curious...when you pre-order new releases, do you find that you generally receive them on the release day?  If not, how much of a lag time do you generally experience?

I have no patience, so I usually try to go to a brick and mortar on a release day, but more and more lately that is proving frustrating, too...

I'm pretty much the same.  I usually find that Target has DVDs at least a dollar or two cheaper during the week of release.  I plan on swinging by tonight to pick up DREAMGIRLS.  I think their copy has some kind of exclusive-or-other-whatnot included.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2007, 10:15:15 AM »

I wonder if you could put that on a resume.

I recorded the DVD commentary for the exclusive-or-other-whatnot.

singdaw

« Reply #142 on: May 01, 2007, 10:16:21 AM »

Here I am, posting.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2007, 10:18:22 AM »

Had the Tyrone Power box NOT been "emptied" by persons unknown, I would probably have gotten it today...which would have been the second "recent" item I'd received on the release date.

This used to be the "rule" with Amazon, but things went awry for a while....I was often finding my pre-orders weren't going out AT ALL.  I once noted that a new release could be had "the next day" if one were to order in the next hour and 26 minutes.

I sent an e-mail asking why my "pre-ordered copy" had not yet been shipped at a time they were offering folks a next-day copy of it if they ordered "right now."

I got a song-and-dance response I did not take kindly to...and I let them know (a la BK) how unacceptable the response was in its not dealing with the issue and ignoring the specifics of my complaint.

My pre-order was shipped post-haste and I got it that week (in two days).

I had a couple of other occasions to question Amazon about the sluggishness behind pre-order shipments.  I got the impression they thought they were doing a good job, but I informed them I knew people who ordered an item on the weekend before its release and got the item a day after the release date...while I, having pre-ordered weeks (if not months) in advance, was still waiting to be notified of a shipment.  I considered that a disservice and said so.

They've been much better about filling my pre-orders since then.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 10:22:57 AM by Ron Pulliam »

singdaw

« Reply #144 on: May 01, 2007, 10:19:44 AM »

That reminds me of the Vaughan Meader comedy album, The First Family.

Where Naomi Brossart as Jacqueline is giving the television tour of the White House, and she says, "As we proceed down this corridor, I'd like to point out the various paintings on the walls.   There's that great big one over there...and this little teeny one over here..."

;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #145 on: May 01, 2007, 10:23:51 AM »

Tra la! It's here!
That shocking time of year
When tons of wicked little thoughts
Merrily appear.
It's May! It's May!
The month of great dismay.
When all the world is brimming with fun,
Wholesome or "un."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #146 on: May 01, 2007, 10:30:57 AM »

It's my understanding that Disney is now involved in discussions about whether to remove "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" from future home video release schedules.

Many concerns have been raised about one of the songs in the movie and suggestions have come in that lyrics be overdubbed -- or that the entire song be removed -- to rid the film of offensive language that might result in civil suits.

Various national organizations have released statements condemning or praising the Disney organization for these considerations.   It seems that everyone is divided over what the lyrics really mean when the Dwarfs sing "Hi-Ho! Hi-Ho! It's off to work we go!"

Critics have suggested that the song is a disguised slur on the character of women everywhere and that the Dwarfs are singing to all womankind as "ho's".

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: May 01, 2007, 10:31:48 AM »

Will we never get to page six?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #148 on: May 01, 2007, 10:31:49 AM »

[May Fool]

;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #149 on: May 01, 2007, 10:32:13 AM »

Will we never get to page six?

Soon....

.......I promise!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Up