Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: BUT FIRST, A WORD FROM OUR SPONSOR  (Read 93971 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:BUT FIRST, A WORD FROM OUR SPONSOR
« Reply #420 on: May 07, 2007, 04:19:30 PM »

Good news from DR DANISE.

DR RLP - Don is still selling guns, but has stopped advertising on television except VERY late at night now and then.  When one of his clerks gets shot, he just closes that store and opens another one across the street.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #421 on: May 07, 2007, 04:19:45 PM »

In the mature male
And the mature female......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #422 on: May 07, 2007, 04:21:11 PM »

Page 15 Don's Guns Dance...

Cos I don't want to make money, folks.

I jus' love to sell guns!  :P

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #423 on: May 07, 2007, 04:25:26 PM »

I'm totally zonked.  It's really hot here, in the nineties.  I did get a package, so I went and picked that up.

I also had an interesting e-mail re The Brain, and we'll see where that all leads.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #424 on: May 07, 2007, 04:31:03 PM »

I misread the Anthony Quinn thing  - blame it on Jose or Rio or my Youth or the Bossa Nova, but don't blame me.

Has anyone heard Jamie Cullum's version of "Blame It On My Youth"?\

I was surpised to find that Oscar Levant was the co-writer. I never thought of him as a songwriter, but a pianist and famous neurotic wit.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #425 on: May 07, 2007, 04:33:06 PM »

I am SO back in Indianapolis seeing that!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #426 on: May 07, 2007, 04:33:40 PM »

News to me, DR EDISAURUS.

I think MR BK and DR CP should be a team on TAR.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #427 on: May 07, 2007, 04:34:25 PM »

I am SO back in Indianapolis seeing that!

He used to come into the Ben Franklin Dept Store I worked in and flash big rolls of money.....he was even scarier looking in person.  8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #428 on: May 07, 2007, 04:34:47 PM »

Very warm for May.....

FJL

« Reply #429 on: May 07, 2007, 04:47:58 PM »

GAYS GONE BI - Is that the title of something?  Or other?

FJL

« Reply #430 on: May 07, 2007, 04:50:29 PM »

I believe I read somewhere that Lynn Ahrens was the writer of the "What would you do for a Klondike bar?' jingle

MBarnum

« Reply #431 on: May 07, 2007, 05:01:07 PM »

I just read that director Curtis Harrington passed aways yesterday.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #432 on: May 07, 2007, 05:02:27 PM »

MBarnum -- I got the HHW Gathering pictures in the mail today.  Thank you so much!
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #433 on: May 07, 2007, 05:08:10 PM »

Ack!!!!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Edisaurus

« Reply #434 on: May 07, 2007, 05:11:08 PM »

I have found it is very easy for animals to learn to use pet doors. We have two neighborhood cats that just walk right in and make themselves at home.

One night when my DH was out of town, I heard a noise in the kitchen. I went in and saw a round furry animal that I thought was a dog, with his face in a bowl of dry cat food, chomping away.

I didn't want to scare it so I snuck into the bedroom and got my glasses, came back and discovered it was a HUGE raccoon.

It turned out it was a female, very pregnant raccoon who could barely fit through the cat door. She was just as afraid of me as I was of her and she had a hard time getting back out of the door.

After a month or so, she returned and started bring her baby raccoons in with her. It was cute until the first morning I stepped in a puddle of raccoon pee.

We would always know when they were in the kitchen because we could hear their nails clinking against the cat dishes as they washed the dry cat food to moisten it.

I learned later that raccoons can spread rabies through their saliva, and since they were sharing the water bowl with my ancient cat, that was the end of their nocturnal visits.

Before I took to locking the door, through, they pulled off some impressing feats, like dragg a whole bag of Science Diet almost all the way out the cat door. (When they couldn't complete their task they just ate the food out of the bag, like a feedbag!)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #435 on: May 07, 2007, 05:28:23 PM »

I also had an interesting e-mail re The Brain, and we'll see where that all leads.

Hmmmmmm...
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #436 on: May 07, 2007, 05:41:30 PM »

Funny story about the racoons.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

« Reply #437 on: May 07, 2007, 05:47:45 PM »

I've only ever seen one racoon - in Toronto.  Cute.

BTW = For those that remember - DiT in well and happy.

Of course I live on a continent that is Rabies free.

(I wrote in continent first).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

« Reply #438 on: May 07, 2007, 05:48:51 PM »

Did anyone else used to smoosh up a slice of Wonder Bread into a big ball?

I only used be able to do it with bread borrowed from friend's sandwiches, as my mother wouldn't allow the stuff in the house.

Beleive it or not, my DH worked on a film about this very thing, called THE BREAD SQUEEZER, made by some friends of ours who have since moved it NY. (We got to see them when we were there last month.)

You can see lots of squeezing going on:
http://snipurl.com/breadsqueezer

Tomovoz

« Reply #439 on: May 07, 2007, 05:50:17 PM »

The continent is not dementia free.  I put my trousers (the draw string casual type) on backwards this morning. I didn't realise until I looked for my handkerchief. At least it was before I left the house.

MMMM  DrawString.  Doesn't he post here?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #440 on: May 07, 2007, 05:53:21 PM »

Finally home after a l-o-o-o-ng day at work and a covered dish dinner meeting of my local AAUW branch.  I have a crashing sinus headache  :P
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #441 on: May 07, 2007, 05:54:12 PM »

Brad squeezing.

I have a friend who does that (Michael).  Brad used to post here (beekay)
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #442 on: May 07, 2007, 05:56:00 PM »

My father was a Baker.  I know nothing about bread squeezing or bride squeezing.

My sister wore her hair plaited when she was a youngster. I remember braid squeezing.
James Thurber 1957

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #443 on: May 07, 2007, 05:56:56 PM »

One night when my DH was out of town, I heard a noise in the kitchen. I went in and saw a round furry animal that I thought was a dog, with his face in a bowl of dry cat food, chomping away.

I didn't want to scare it so I snuck into the bedroom and got my glasses, came back and discovered it was a HUGE raccoon.

It turned out it was a female, very pregnant raccoon who could barely fit through the cat door. She was just as afraid of me as I was of her and she had a hard time getting back out of the door.

After a month or so, she returned and started bring her baby raccoons in with her. It was cute until the first morning I stepped in a puddle of raccoon pee.

We would always know when they were in the kitchen because we could hear their nails clinking against the cat dishes as they washed the dry cat food to moisten it.

I learned later that raccoons can spread rabies through their saliva, and since they were sharing the water bowl with my ancient cat, that was the end of their nocturnal visits.

Before I took to locking the door, through, they pulled off some impressing feats, like dragg a whole bag of Science Diet almost all the way out the cat door. (When they couldn't complete their task they just ate the food out of the bag, like a feedbag!)

Oh, my God! Maybe my experience wasn't so unusual. (the things one learns on HHW!) I'd NEVER mess with a raccoon! Those guys are aggressive! (At least the ones I've encountered.)

Tomovoz

« Reply #444 on: May 07, 2007, 05:58:15 PM »

It's probably too much of a squeeze to mention I like David Lean's film. "This Happy Bread".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #445 on: May 07, 2007, 06:06:32 PM »

I can think of only two maother/daughter teams (no counting any on the family edition.)  I think DRs Laura and Sandra would make a good team.

For the relationship team, I would pick DRs Tpunk and Rodzinski.  I would have picked Ann and Jed because of their seniority here, but they're getting married this week and I think TAR could be a potentially disasterous way to spend a honeymoon.

If I had my own pick for a teammate, I would choose DR CillaLiz for her brains and stamania and good company.  But I think I would drive her crazy because--typical guy--I would hate to stop to ask for directions anywhere ("JUST READ ME THE DIRECTIONS ON THE MAP!!!!")

So who says you would be driving?   ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #446 on: May 07, 2007, 06:07:32 PM »

I can think of only two maother/daughter teams (no counting any on the family edition.)  I think DRs Laura and Sandra would make a good team.

For the relationship team, I would pick DRs Tpunk and Rodzinski.  I would have picked Ann and Jed because of their seniority here, but they're getting married this week and I think TAR could be a potentially disasterous way to spend a honeymoon.

If I had my own pick for a teammate, I would choose DR CillaLiz for her brains and stamania and good company.  But I think I would drive her crazy because--typical guy--I would hate to stop to ask for directions anywhere ("JUST READ ME THE DIRECTIONS ON THE MAP!!!!")

And thanks DR DtM that was really a nice thing to say.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #447 on: May 07, 2007, 06:08:06 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANISE!!!!!!!!!

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #448 on: May 07, 2007, 06:10:46 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES DANISE!

Cillaliz

« Reply #449 on: May 07, 2007, 06:19:25 PM »

Did anyone else used to smoosh up a slice of Wonder Bread into a big ball?

I only used be able to do it with bread borrowed from friend's sandwiches, as my mother wouldn't allow the stuff in the house.

Of course, it was the best way to eat it....after I ripped off the crust and threw it away
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19   Go Up