Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUT FIRST, A WORD FROM OUR SPONSOR  (Read 93743 times)

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
Re:BUT FIRST, A WORD FROM OUR SPONSOR
« Reply #540 on: May 07, 2007, 10:28:33 PM »

or Garlic Naan, and Basmati rice, and chicken Tikka...yummy!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #541 on: May 07, 2007, 10:28:48 PM »

The home environment has cooled off.  It stays cool here until about three, then gets uncomfortably warm, then cools off around nine-thirty.

Adriana Patti

« Reply #542 on: May 07, 2007, 10:30:11 PM »

page 19 chicken Tikka dance
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #543 on: May 07, 2007, 10:30:57 PM »

I much prefer the kabobs though.
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #544 on: May 07, 2007, 10:34:01 PM »

Or, if you do not prefer the food version of chicken tikka marsala....
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #545 on: May 07, 2007, 10:34:46 PM »

I couldn't resist
-Thomas Edison

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #546 on: May 07, 2007, 11:42:41 PM »

This has been a bagel day.  All bagels, all day.

What a coinkydink!  I had some frozen mini-bagel pizzas for dinner. :)

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #547 on: May 07, 2007, 11:59:46 PM »

This afternoon at work, I was just sitting at my desk using my computer when my screen went black and it displayed the message, "No signal detected."  The fan on my computer was still running, but nothing was happening!  There wasn't any noise or anything...the screen just went black.  I tried hitting control-alt-delete, but that didn't work, either!  I went to my co-worker Kitty and the same thing had just happened to her.  She called one of the computer people and they said that one of the phases (?) went out.  Evidently, we have three.  Some (but not all) lights also went out, and the fire alarms were beeping, like they were in test mode, so it wasn't too loud.

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #548 on: May 08, 2007, 12:00:20 AM »

Anyway, Jon (actually, one of the two Jons in Computer Services ;)) came over to Kitty's desk and asked her to power down her computer...she did, and then he asked her to turn it back on.  Nothing happened!  Jon asked me to turn off my computer and it wouldn't come back on either!  It turned out that the server totally went down and NONE of the library computers work.  I had a few things to do that didn't need a computer, but otherwise, I had to leave about an hour and a half earlier than I normally do, because I couldn't do anything.  

George

« Reply #549 on: May 08, 2007, 12:00:58 AM »

Ever since I got home, I've been trying to get to my library's homepage and it STILL doesn't work!  I don't know if it'll all be fixed by tomorrow.  If not, it'll be another day of not being able to work. :-\

George

« Reply #550 on: May 08, 2007, 12:01:54 AM »

Oohh...

I just got an e-mail...

And I think I may be smelling roses sometime soon.  Well, maybe just one rose.  But a rose by any other name would be called Patti.  ;)

We shall see...

:o

:D

Good luck, Jose!!!!

« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 12:02:11 AM by George »

George

« Reply #551 on: May 08, 2007, 12:06:56 AM »

I had a toy called the Time Machine in which you took these little plastic squares and put them into this plastic chamber which would heat up, causing the little plastic square to expand into a monster or prehistoric creature.  Then you could reheat the creature and put it into another chamber which, after turning the crank, would compact the creature back into a little square.

Anyways, I used to shove slices of white bread into the compacting chamber and smash them into little squares.  They would also get the Mattel logo embossed on them.  I found this results to be dramatically more impressive than just rolling slices of white bread into lumpy balls.  They looked professionally made.

I used to have one of these when we lived in Germany!  Talk about an unsafe toy for kids! ;)

George

« Reply #552 on: May 08, 2007, 12:07:47 AM »

I never squeezed a piece of bread in the squeezing chamber...that would've been cool. :)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Up