Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: MONKEYS REPEATING  (Read 38777 times)

Jennifer

Re:MONKEYS REPEATING
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2007, 07:01:05 AM »

DR TCB re: DANCING WITH THE STARS.

It doesn't really matter how the judges vote.  They don't go by ranking, merely by % of totals. So laila got something like 55/60 whereas apolo got something like 58/60.  That means laila got 32.5% of the judges vote (55/169). And apolo got 34.3% (58/169). That's only like 2 points difference.  

So really it only depends really who the public liked more.

Btw, i think joey got 56/169 (the 169 represents the total points given).

Btw2, I actually thought the judges were fair in complaining about laila.  It wasn't about the fact that she didn't do lifts (obviously with her size that wasn't really possible). It was more about the fact that she didn't really do anything outstanding (the way apolo's free dance was outstanding).

I'm curious to see who will win.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2007, 07:22:18 AM »

Will we never get to page two?

Come and gone already!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2007, 07:22:40 AM »

Is it really possible NOT to get to page two??

;)

My thoughts exactly!

Matt H.

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2007, 07:25:29 AM »

Good morning!

Another very pretty morning, but it's getting to 85 this afternoon, so that's not so pretty. The local weathermen keep saying we're in the midst of a drought and that we need rain. If it's so dry, why is my grass so green? Why isn't it brown so I wouldn't have to mow it?

Matt H.

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2007, 07:26:38 AM »

Back from the dental check-up with everything A-OK. That's alwawys such a relief to get that over with every six months.

Matt H.

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2007, 07:27:35 AM »

Sorry your Tivo let you down, DR George. And I had HEROES on the DVR but promptly erased it after I finished watching the show, so like with Vixmom the other night, I am so sorry I can't help you.

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2007, 07:29:34 AM »

I have last night's L&O:CI to watch today along with ENTOURAGE and THE SOPRANOS from Sunday. I'd like to get those all watched and erased before starting on the new load of shows tonight. Thankfully, with some season finales last week and BOSTON LEGAL's postponed a week, I won't have a large number of things to record tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2007, 07:30:26 AM »

And I have the rest of the special features on the CAN-CAN release to get through. PIGSKIN PARADE looks like a possibility tonight before prime time starts.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2007, 07:31:58 AM »

Wow!  Mr Tessy Anderson of London England just emailed me to tell me the I have won 500,000 Euros in the satellite email lottery!

As soon as you transfer $10,000 from your account to mine, I'll tell Tessy to send your funds.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2007, 07:33:30 AM »

Two quick DVR questions for you, DR Matt H.:

1]  If a show goes over the normally allotted time [either on purpose, or if it's an awards show like the Oscars, or a PBS pledge-a-thon, for example], does the DVR know to record longer?

2]  If you've selected to record a whole season of a show, does the DVR know to record "special" episodes, like the LOST recap from the other night, for example?

Thanks!  :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2007, 07:33:33 AM »

THE SWIRLING GYPSY?--they're reviving that old warhorse of an operetta?  My word!

I believe Lois Hunt and Earl Wrightson are reviving it depending on whether Marta Eggerth and Jan Kiepura are still touring THE MERRY WIDOW.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 07:40:18 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2007, 07:49:06 AM »

Something I have noted about some of the teen movies, each decade is different. Each decade has a different spin due to the age of the teens at the time, what was happening in society at the time

For example in REBEL WITH A CAUSE, the struggle was between the young man and his desire to have a girl he could not have. Yet it still subtly aluded to the struggle between those who wanted freedom due to the growing prosperity after the second worldwar and the thrift. I have always seen that movie as a subtle nod to the struggles of equality and discrimination.  

BLACKBOARD JUNGLE of the 1960s is another spin but is more violent in nature and reflects the anger of the young towards Vietnam and the American military's involvement.

Teen movies of the 1980s are in someways a throwback to the same struggles of authority and seeking their way but with a different spin. The 80s versions are more a reflection of the fads and pop culture of that time.

You see the subtle nods mostly in the Outsiders based on the SE Hinton novel. Excellent movie.

I have noted that each decade reflects aspects of the previous decades, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2007, 07:52:13 AM »

Re:  HEROES

*****  SPOLIERS BE HERE   *****

I'm a bit disappointed with last night's season ender--too much with the noble posturing and lingering emotional stares.  The showdown that was built up between Peter and Sylar was barely more than a few good punches.  And why did Sylar let Hiro even get near him, let alone allow him to shove a sword through him?  And for all that, Skyar is still alive (Peter and Nathan are, too, I'm betting.)

The character that really took me by surprise was Nikki.  She rocked last night!  She quickly got herself and DL out of Linderman's office and away from the guards, came to realize her own strength in her battle with Candice and provided the one YEAH!! moment for me when she clubbed Sylar with the parking meter.  I wish every character had acted as directly in this episode.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2007, 07:55:07 AM »

1]  If a show goes over the normally allotted time [either on purpose, or if it's an awards show like the Oscars, or a PBS pledge-a-thon, for example], does the DVR know to record longer?

2]  If you've selected to record a whole season of a show, does the DVR know to record "special" episodes, like the LOST recap from the other night, for example?

From what I gather, the guides that are fed to the cable company update their information every few days, so, for example, my DVR knew to go two minutes over the hour last night to record HEROES. However, with award shows, I always tell it to record the show right after it as well since they are unpredictable. I always do that for the TOnys since they are usually good about finishing on time but occasionally will slip over for a couple of minutes.

The networks tell the cable companies how long their episodes are going to last (GREY'S ANTOMY being 75 minutes last week. I didn't record it since I was watching "live," but I saw in the guide that ABC had already furnished that information.)

As for your second question, I think that LOST show would have had to be recorded separately since it was a special and not part of the weekly series. I'm not sure about that, mind you, but I'm thinking on a different day, an odd start time, etc. meant it would have needed to be programmed separately.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2007, 07:55:49 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had writing in them, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're over with the monkeys, merrily repeating.
It sounds like whatever the cows and monkeys had for lunch is giving them gas.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2007, 07:59:37 AM »

HEROES spoiler

DR Dan, Didn't Hiro strike Sylar from behind since he had his hands full repelling all the other heroes who were ganging up on him? He didn't let him get to him at first, but he became overwhelmed later and couldn't help it.

As for Peter/Nathan, that will take some fancy explaining, at least for Nathan to be alive.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2007, 08:01:28 AM »

And the word of the day is: IMBRICATE!
Casey would waltz
With a strawberry blonde
On the IMBRICATE tiles on the roof -
A far more difficult trick than they made it seem,
because the tiles overlapped,
And the roof was quite steep.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2007, 08:11:07 AM »

HEROES spoiler

DR Dan, Didn't Hiro strike Sylar from behind since he had his hands full repelling all the other heroes who were ganging up on him? He didn't let him get to him at first, but he became overwhelmed later and couldn't help it.

As for Peter/Nathan, that will take some fancy explaining, at least for Nathan to be alive.

*****  HEORES SPOILERS  *****

When Hiro appeared, it was just Peter and Sylar on the square.  Sylar had already sent Matt's bullets back into him and Nikki was called back by Micah to attend to DL.  As it was presented in Issac's comic book, Hiro ran the sword directly into Sylar's chest.

I just found this clip on YouTube that shows Hiro's attack.  I guess he did have the element of surprise, but you would think that Sylar would have been prepared for this having seen the comic.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2007, 08:11:32 AM »

TOD: Troubled Teens of the 1950s is my FAVORITE genre of film!! And of course most of Miss June Kenney's movies were of this genre.....So here goes...with illustrations (who wouldn't want to see one of these films after viewing the posters!!)

...so many movies, so little time!!! I love each and every one of those!

And so concludes your lesson in klass and kulture for today.

Matt H.

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2007, 08:22:47 AM »

TOD: Troubled Teens of the 1950s is my FAVORITE genre of film!! And of course most of Miss June Kenney's movies were of this genre.....So here goes...with illustrations (who wouldn't want to see one of these films after viewing the posters!!)

...so many movies, so little time!!! I love each and every one of those!

And so concludes your lesson in klass and kulture for today.

Hey, where's the poster for MOTORCYCLE GANG, my favorite of this genre starring the ever-gorgeous John Ashley?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2007, 08:23:54 AM »

Sorry your Tivo let you down, DR George. And I had HEROES on the DVR but promptly erased it after I finished watching the show, so like with Vixmom the other night, I am so sorry I can't help you.

Actually, this final episode should be repeated on SciFi channel...I believe it's Friday night at 7 or 8.  If not Friday, check the schedule through Monday e'en, 'cause I've seen repeats on SciFit all through the season.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2007, 08:24:08 AM »

Guess it's time to head down now and tidy up the bedroom just a bit before beginning to prepare lunch.

I've already cleaned the living room (did it when I got in from the dentist), so that chore is behind me for today. Hooray!

WBBL.

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2007, 08:24:52 AM »

Actually, this final episode should be repeated on SciFi channel...I believe it's Friday night at 7 or 8.  If not Friday, check the schedule through Monday e'en, 'cause I've seen repeats on SciFit all through the season.

Yes, I meant to remind DR George about this, too. I suspect you could watch over the net as well.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2007, 08:26:15 AM »

Not me......except "The Restless Years".  With John Saxon and Sandra Dee, you can't go wrong.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 09:08:19 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2007, 08:26:39 AM »

...or is that Monkey's Uncle repeating?
Technically speaking, The Monkey's Uncle was the repeat, following The Misadventures of Merlin Jones.

And does anyone out there know why these two films were set at MIDVALE College, while The Absent-Minded Professor (and it's remake, Flubber), Son of Flubber, and the three Dexter Riley films were all set at MEDFIELD College?  Wouldn't it have made more sense for Disney to have used the same goofus college throughout the films?

(Consider these to be my addition to our TOD pantheon!)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2007, 08:27:34 AM »

I'll add to and repeat what DR Matt has already mentioned.

Tivo will record only during the time that the network has scheduled for a show.  Something like the Tony Awards (which more often than not does end on time) is scheduled for 8:00 to 11:00, that is all that Tivo will record even if the broadcast runs overtime.  However, there is an option when you set up the recording to add anywhere from a minute to three hours of additional recording time.  This worked out for me for something like THE AMAZING RACE, which because of CBS's erratic Sunday night schedule, often did not start on time, so I would add an hour and a half of additional time to record it fully.

As for the LOST recap, my Tivo did record it without my telling it to.  There is a feature called Season Pass which will record every episode of a given show.  The LOST recap was listed in Tivo's guide as a regular episode, so it recorded it for me.  You can also tell the Season Pass feature to record ALL episodes or just first run ones.  This is handy to filter out reruns.

The Season Pass will record episodes of a show no matter what network they are run on.  If I had let it, it would have recorded all of the HEROES episodes shown during the marathon on the Sci-Fi network this past weekend.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2007, 08:28:45 AM »

Just for you DR Matth!

Danise

« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2007, 08:28:55 AM »

Hi all.  Believe it or not, we are already in the Pittsburgh airport.  Waiting for the Rental car because Thelma made the reservation for 12:00--we will pick it up at 11:30.

Nice flight.  No problems at all.  I will be catching the same plane back to Tampa on Friday.

I'll post again when we make it to the hotel.  First we go to lunch--Thelma knows someplace near the airport that she wants us to go to when we get the car.  Then we go to the funeral home.

I'm glad Thelma is driving.  I would have been so confused.  Pittsuburgh does have a very LARGE airport.  Top that off with I don't know if it's because I'm a bit stressed or the air or what but my contacts are fogging up and I can barely see.  I think they will settle down in a bit but I'm using my eye drops in the mean time.  Maybe a Clairitin would help as well.  We'll see.

Laters.  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2007, 08:29:31 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  Back to work for me today.  That is all.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2007, 08:29:57 AM »

Well, RLP, The Restless Years is probably the best of the bunch!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Up