Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: THE POINT  (Read 46670 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:THE POINT
« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2007, 08:31:18 AM »

I am now listening to Phoebe Snow on my iPod.  My gosh, she has such a wonderful voice and style.  She is definitely within my top three favorite female vocalists.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #151 on: May 24, 2007, 08:34:40 AM »

PAGE SIX LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW DANCE

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2007, 08:35:04 AM »

Just so you know:

Neptune is in Retrograde.

It's time to tune in to your deepest core principles and create a larger vision! Neptune takes 14 years to transit through a sign, and has been transiting through Aquarius since 1998. On May 24, as Neptune begins its yearly retrograde -- a period that will last until October 31 -- it is time to revisit a dream, an ideal or a vision you've had. Think about how far you've come over the last nine years, as you have been prompted to make positive, healthy changes in your life. You've come a long way, baby!

And though I hesitate to mention it, Venus trines Uranus.

;D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 08:38:32 AM by JRand56 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #153 on: May 24, 2007, 08:38:29 AM »

"trines"?
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #154 on: May 24, 2007, 08:40:06 AM »

"trines"?

They are 120 degrees in aspect from each other.

The planet of love forming a supportive trine aspect to zippy Uranus sparks up all of your relationships. You'll want none of the old tried-and-true; it's time to experiment and open up your world. Make new friends, join an organization that supports a good cause, or try an interesting new cuisine. Your motto for this aspect? The quirkier, the better!

Bet you never knew Uranus was known as zippy.  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #155 on: May 24, 2007, 08:41:11 AM »

Happy Birthday DR Jeanne.

Jennifer

« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2007, 08:44:16 AM »

DR Ben, i love televisionwithoutpity for all tv recaps.  They do the best ones around. And their forums are amazing. So much intelligent chatter about all your favorite shows!

Jennifer

« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2007, 08:50:03 AM »

RE LOST SPOILERS

SPOILERS from last night's show

DR Jose, i'm gonna answer your PM here in case anyone else wants to chime in.

On the televisionwithoutpity boards everyone is commenting on the flashforward and why jack kept referring to his father as being alive.

DR Jose mentioned that at the beginning of one of the seasons we found his father's casket empty.

Now so much happens, but i totally do not remember that at all.

I do remember this year that claire saw her father. But i thought he still died.

I must admit jack referring to his father in the future really struck me as being off as well. I couldn't make sense of it. In fact when they were showing kate and jack at the end i was thinking "geez they knew each other before?"  Then when jack mentioned getting free flights forever and needing to go back ... i realized it was the future.  But the part with jack's dad still was the one thing that didn't fit for me.

Btw, DR Jose, when i read the forum chats at televisionwithoutpity i usually only get to page 4 or 5. There are so many fans there that end up writing 30+ pages for each episode. But you can really get the gist of it in a few pages.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #158 on: May 24, 2007, 08:53:23 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR JEANNE!

HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY!
[/size]

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2007, 08:54:11 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up...

And it's still very sobering and disturbing, to me, to hear the President acknowledge that more American soldiers will be injured and killed over the next couple of months.  Even more unsettling to hear him state that there will more than likely be a period of heavy casualties in the near future.

Bring Them Home!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: May 24, 2007, 08:55:01 AM »

Happy Birthday, DR Jeanne!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: May 24, 2007, 08:55:33 AM »

Happy Birthday, DP Colin!

Will you/did you make that yummilicious Orange Cake again?
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #162 on: May 24, 2007, 08:59:00 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up...

And it's still very sobering and disturbing, to me, to hear the President acknowledge that more American soldiers will be injured and killed over the next couple of months.  Even more unsettling to hear him state that there will more than likely be a period of heavy casualties in the near future.

Bring Them Home!

I propose we stop referrring to Dubya as "president".  I think "Butcher Bush" is more apropos.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #163 on: May 24, 2007, 08:59:15 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DP COLIN!    [/size]

I hope Tom is celebrating your birthday minus the hobled walk. :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: May 24, 2007, 08:59:30 AM »

As for "American Idol"...

Poor, poor Carrie Underwood.   That Beatles' song really did not sit well in her voice from the first note to the last.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #165 on: May 24, 2007, 09:00:53 AM »

And the word of the day is: CANOROUS!
In the middle of our visit to his backwoods home, Floyd stopped for a moment, dug through his sizeable reel-to-reel tape collection, and played for US RACOON mating songs and other CANOROUS sounds from the local woodlands.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

« Reply #166 on: May 24, 2007, 09:02:06 AM »

***pain-free root canal vibes***
for DR Michael S!

And vibes it takes care of the problem!

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #167 on: May 24, 2007, 09:02:46 AM »

Good morning all...... I hope everyone will have a very happy day today!

I'm still trying to absorb all of the info that I have read here, just so far this morning.

So Neptune is in retrograde....... hmmmmmm, might explain a lot of things.

Only here kids,...... only here!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: May 24, 2007, 09:03:59 AM »

I'm up, I'm up and have read all the posts.

I must now get ready to toddle off to the Alex.

There are only six copies of the Claus Ogerman CD left.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: May 24, 2007, 09:04:25 AM »

And a happy haineshisway.com birthday to Colin, and to Erik, whomeever the latter might be.

MusicGuy

« Reply #170 on: May 24, 2007, 09:05:25 AM »

I can't believe how loooooooonnnnggg our (supposed) national leader just rambled on, about disgusting and very sad ongoing situations .  Not only is he semi-illiterate, but never knows when to stop.

Jane

« Reply #171 on: May 24, 2007, 09:05:34 AM »

From Edi:
This is my favorite new commercial:
http://www.ifilm.com/video/2850653

Funny & sad at the same time ;D

Ben-Your photos made me laugh.  Thank you for sharing your fun vacation.

Jane

« Reply #172 on: May 24, 2007, 09:05:55 AM »

Poor Little Sarah, wishing her very few side effects and big healthy vibes.

MusicGuy

« Reply #173 on: May 24, 2007, 09:07:07 AM »

..... A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR JEANNE !!   ;D

.............and, ALSO BIG NATAL HUGS TO COLIN.... :D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: May 24, 2007, 09:10:50 AM »

I can't believe how loooooooonnnnggg our (supposed) national leader just rambled on, about disgusting and very sad ongoing situations .  Not only is he semi-illiterate, but never knows when to stop.

If he knew that, maybe he wouldn't have run for office!  I hope everyone in this administration burns in hell forever.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2007, 09:12:22 AM »

SPOILER

*****  LOST SPOILER WARNINGS  *****

The Others have lost their thirteen toughest members, plus their leader Ben is captured.  But that doesn't mean that Jack and the survivors have that much of an upper hand.  The Others as a group are still far more savvy and capable, posess knowledge of the island's mysteries and have reached a point where Ben's continued leadership is in question.  However, I do predict that there will be an uneasy alliance between the two groups coming up next season, if only because there will be a greater common enemy.  

I'm not too sure the remainder of the "others" do have much knowledge.  They've been following Ben's orders....and we got a good look last night at how clueless many of them are about why they are there and what they are supposed to be doing (the two ladies in the underground station, and the fact that Ben had lied to everyone about it being flooded).

None of "the others" were part of the Dharma initiative, and some were already "on" the island pre-Dharma...which begs the question:  Who are they and where did they come from and what will happen next?  I base this on the fact that Ben, as a child (in his flashback) encountered Nestor Carbonell outside the security barrier.

Carbonell seems to be the smartest of the remaining  "others"...and he wasn't among last night's casualties.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2007, 09:14:57 AM »

As for "Lost"...

SPOILERS AHEAD

As for the "game-changing" aspect of the "flash-forwards", well...  First of all, I had never come across the term "game-changing"... Cool!

Secondly...  After watching last night's season finale, it really has set up the whole time on the island as one big flashback.  The "flash-foward" scenes with Kate and jack were obviously in the present.  -I loved how people - even my roommate - pointed out the brand and style of cellphone that Jack was using.  Now, we just have to figure out how far in the "future" the flash-forwards took place.  -And I think future-Kate is with future-Sawyer.

As for why "the Hobbit" allowed himself to die, well... I think he was basically fulfilling Desmond's visions, and he just wanted to stop stalling whatever "process" was/is in motion.  Additionally, I think he knew that if Desmond had run into that room, then Desmond would have most likely died too - and by that time the equipment was already flooded out.  Also, by closing that door, he prevented the rest of the Hourglass from being flooded out too - the grenade only blew out the porthole.  Thus allowing Desmond a chance to get out of there.

As for whatever will be happening over the next three seasons, well...  I'm wondering if this was the "hook" that hooked the ABC execs when the creators pitched the show.  I sense the real story will not start until we get off the island.  Subsequently, the title "Lost" takes on a much larger meaning.

OH!  And I also have to wonder if Locke's paralysis has been psychosomatic all along.  Maybe the plane crash just made him "forget" all of his troubles; the drastic change of scene gave him a chance to start fresh.  And when Walt(!) told him to get up, and he could... Hmm.. ???

Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2007, 09:16:26 AM »

RE LOST SPOILERS

SPOILERS from last night's show

DR Jose, i'm gonna answer your PM here in case anyone else wants to chime in.

On the televisionwithoutpity boards everyone is commenting on the flashforward and why jack kept referring to his father as being alive.

DR Jose mentioned that at the beginning of one of the seasons we found his father's casket empty.

Now so much happens, but i totally do not remember that at all.

I do remember this year that claire saw her father. But i thought he still died.

I must admit jack referring to his father in the future really struck me as being off as well. I couldn't make sense of it. In fact when they were showing kate and jack at the end i was thinking "geez they knew each other before?"  Then when jack mentioned getting free flights forever and needing to go back ... i realized it was the future.  But the part with jack's dad still was the one thing that didn't fit for me.

Btw, DR Jose, when i read the forum chats at televisionwithoutpity i usually only get to page 4 or 5. There are so many fans there that end up writing 30+ pages for each episode. But you can really get the gist of it in a few pages.

I had thought that Jack was referring to his dad because he was zonked out of his mind on teh oxy-c tabs he kept wolfing down.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2007, 09:17:18 AM »

LOST SPOILERS

I think a couple of things in last night's LOST heralded a "game changing" scenario for the show: for those who didn't understand how it did.

1. Flashforwards now instead of only flashbacks.

2. The most combative "Others" have been taken out of commission one way or another. We ended the last season with the Others firmly in control. This season ends with exactly the opposite scenario. If that's not game-changing, I don't know what is.

I did not realize that we would be getting flashforwards now.  That should be very cool.

I really don't think #2 is what the producers/writers were referring to when they said something would be so dramatic and so drastic that it would change LOST forever.

I really just wanted to know what specific thing they were talking about. Maybe #1 is part of it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2007, 09:17:27 AM »

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide] Happy Birthday, Jeanne [/shadow]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19   Go Up