Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: WILD HORSES  (Read 20053 times)

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
Re:WILD HORSES
« Reply #210 on: June 03, 2007, 08:17:03 PM »

Adrianna--I love the photos. That looks like a perfect day to me...old cars, old gardens surrounding an old mansion.

The fellow we bought our new house from was a member of the Magic Castle's Jr. Magicians Program, where he learned from masters of theatrical magic. He was the youngest recipient of an award from the Academy of Magical Arts.

When we were closing the deal, he did card tricks for us while we were waiting for paperwork to get faxed, etc. He was quite good. He also wrote the book on fire eating:

very fun !
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #211 on: June 03, 2007, 08:17:22 PM »

page eight magic dance :)
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Cillaliz

« Reply #212 on: June 03, 2007, 08:17:50 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR Jose's mother!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #213 on: June 03, 2007, 08:18:45 PM »

Next, I watched the first half of THAT TOUCH OF MINK. After DR Ron Pulliam talked about it on the forum the other day, I realized I hadn't seen it in many years. It's always been one of my favorite Day comedies.

I have the same DVD he discussed. Its main problem is that it isn't an anamorphic transfer. So, one has to use stretch mode on the TV to get the proper dimensions for the screen. Because Cary Grant and Doris Day were photographed through filters (she used heavier filtering than he did), their close-ups and medium shots always look slightly out of focus (because they are). The scenes with Gig Young alone or Audrey Meadows alone are much sharper. Not as good as they could have been had the disc been given a proper encoding, but much better than any scenes with Day or Grant sharing the frame.

The Eastman color is also too red. Most everyone looks as if they've been under a sun lamp. Artisan didn't do any digital clean-up on the print they used either. The DVD has dirt and specks all through it.

Even with all of this, though, I'm glad to have the DVD. It's tolerable.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #214 on: June 03, 2007, 08:20:10 PM »

I had planned on spending 8-9 p.m. watching STUDIO 60 from the DVR, but when I flipped on the cable/DVR box, there was THE WIZARD OF OZ just starting on TCM, and it looked and sounded so good (I'm sure taken from that Ultra-resolution version released last year on DVD) that I couldn't turn it off. Glorious.

Cillaliz

« Reply #215 on: June 03, 2007, 08:20:18 PM »

Fun Photos, Adriana

Matt H.

« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2007, 08:21:09 PM »

At 9, I did turn on THE SOPRANOS to watch its penultimate episode. Oh, my. The hits have begun. Not pretty but very dramatic.

Cillaliz

« Reply #217 on: June 03, 2007, 08:22:22 PM »

DR Singdaw, thanks for the Christine Ebersole link. I decided to go ahead and buy the Broadway version of the Grey Gardens CD. I have had the Off Broadway since last fall. I've been listening to it all weekend. I really do love it.
jhvw and I saw it in previews, I'm not sure if it was totally the Broadway version then or in progress. I'm going to have to get out my playbill and see what it says.

Matt H.

« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2007, 08:22:25 PM »

This led immediately into THE TUDORS on Showtime. Another fascinating episode, but it seemed very familar having just watched ANNE OF THE THOUSAND DAYS last night. We're at that place where the pop is refusing to grant the divorce from Katharine.

Cillaliz

« Reply #219 on: June 03, 2007, 08:24:14 PM »

I've had a very busy day. I've done all sorts of errands and things around the house.  I'm finishing up the last loads of laundry now.  DR MBarnum, I'm not as neat as Matt. Actually, I let things go until I look around and go WHAT! and start cleaning.   Listening to Grey Gardens helps. I keep thinking if I don't clean I could end up like that!

Cillaliz

« Reply #220 on: June 03, 2007, 08:25:21 PM »

I also loaded up all the boxes at the office I've already packed and that have been sitting in my office for the last month. I got tired of tripping on them, so I'll move them twice. Once here and then to the new office.

Matt H.

« Reply #221 on: June 03, 2007, 08:25:49 PM »

Tomorrow I will watch PRIMEVAL on the upcoming DVD, a horror film that was just released in theaters in January. The fact that it's on DVD now makes me think it's no world beater. However, I'll keep an open mind while I watch it.

Since it's based on a true story about a killer creature (in this case, a crocodile), it reminded me a bit in the liner notes about THE GHOST AND THE DARKNESS from several years ago.

Matt H.

« Reply #222 on: June 03, 2007, 08:27:21 PM »

And I should be able to get to STUDIO 60 tomorrow as well. PRIMEVAL is only 94 minutes long.

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: June 03, 2007, 08:28:13 PM »

Tomorrow morning Buffalo Wild Wings opens here. They are giving the first 100 people free wings for a year (I think it's a free order every month or something like that). Anyway, the news just reported people are already lining up....WHAT??? for some chicken wings you sit out all night after it's been raining all day and may rain some more

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #224 on: June 03, 2007, 08:30:08 PM »

DR Cillaliz, how much longer before you open your new office?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

FJL

« Reply #225 on: June 03, 2007, 08:31:27 PM »

THE FORSYTH SOGGY - the soggy saga of people in Cilla's town lining up in the rain for chicken wiings

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #226 on: June 03, 2007, 08:34:14 PM »

I could not imagine camping out for anything.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

FJL

« Reply #227 on: June 03, 2007, 08:34:41 PM »

Or maybe the story of Cilla imagining herself onstage in Grey Gardens

FJL

« Reply #228 on: June 03, 2007, 08:35:27 PM »

I've camped in my day, but never so much as when I played Lucy in Charlie Brown

FJL

« Reply #229 on: June 03, 2007, 08:35:44 PM »

That was at camp Loyaltown

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #230 on: June 03, 2007, 08:37:01 PM »

Tomorrow morning Buffalo Wild Wings opens here. They are giving the first 100 people free wings for a year (I think it's a free order every month or something like that). Anyway, the news just reported people are already lining up....WHAT??? for some chicken wings you sit out all night after it's been raining all day and may rain some more

And the wings aren't really that good, imho.  However, I do wish that the BW3's, still featured the original 3 W's - Wild Wing and Weck.  I think some of the BW3's still carry the original beef sandwich on those amazing rolls, but they're few and far between.

Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #231 on: June 03, 2007, 08:37:53 PM »

Someone left my wings out in the rain

FJL

« Reply #232 on: June 03, 2007, 08:38:41 PM »

Here, Horace, let me cut your wing (a hello Dolly reference)

Matt H.

« Reply #233 on: June 03, 2007, 08:48:18 PM »

Heading downstairs now to get ready for bed.

Good night!

Tomovoz

« Reply #234 on: June 03, 2007, 08:54:32 PM »

Yes, you did but it was not a Region-1 DVD and wouldn't play so I tossed it.  Now I have a non-region DVD player.  Spoo!

It shall be replaced.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #235 on: June 03, 2007, 09:13:50 PM »

Vibes to TCB!

Vibes of comfort and support to SWW and derBrucer on the loss of their beloved DD Marty.

Vibes of vocal brilliance to bk!

Vibes of musical brilliance to Music Guy!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 09:16:07 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #236 on: June 03, 2007, 09:17:49 PM »

Happy Birthday wishes to DR Jose's dear mother, Carmelita!

Happy Birthday to Cason's Heather.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #237 on: June 03, 2007, 09:19:06 PM »

Aww... "Mama, A Rainbow"... One of my favorite songs.  :)

Mine to.... It is a beautiful song.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #238 on: June 03, 2007, 09:26:35 PM »

Love the picture of the wild horses singdaw!

There are some actual wild horses in the badlands in North Dakota

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #239 on: June 03, 2007, 09:29:20 PM »

Funny Edi.  Your new avatar still brings a smile to my face, I just love it, it matches your inner beauty.

I concur Jane, It really shows her warm and sunny personality!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up