Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: WET NOTES  (Read 30190 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:WET NOTES
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2007, 01:08:34 AM »

All right!  Here's a PRONOUNCEMENT (are your reading this DR DakotaCelt?):

I must put my butt back into bed.

I must make my peace with the sandman and attempt to find a comfy position in which I can both sleep and breathe.

I must find a way to actually get some sleep and take Friday by the horns.

I must get through the day and reach the weekend.

I MUST!

DOODY!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2007, 01:08:35 AM »

PAGE TWO DANCE!!

Ladies' Choice!

« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 01:08:57 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2007, 01:09:58 AM »

Just imagine.  

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide]I started page 2[/shadow]

on a Friday morning.  And all those posts folks will be wading through to catch up will feature my face, post after post.

What a RUDE awakening that may be for some!

I trust I can go to sleep with this smile on my face.

;D

« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 01:14:55 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2007, 01:11:03 AM »

I wonder if Noah's Ark had naval drip?

Or "lint"?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2007, 01:11:30 AM »

Good night, Ron...and Sandra and Tomovoz.  I'm off to my bed for sleep and breathing, also.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2007, 01:11:56 AM »

Noah had chocolate?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2007, 01:12:00 AM »

I fear I shall not be awake much longer.

Good night!

And underpants!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Tomovoz

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2007, 01:12:52 AM »

And again Goodnight. (I'll be back later in time for the ritual of the oatmeal bowl washing)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2007, 01:15:59 AM »

Good night, all and one.

Sleep tight (all but Tom...unless he's off for an early nap).

Don't let those bed bugs bite.

Ben

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2007, 04:51:56 AM »

Good morning. I am back from Hartford. I now must wash something so it will be as clean as BK.

Later, gaters.

Tomovoz

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2007, 04:52:30 AM »

Good morning DRs Ben and Edisauras. Welcome to Friday. (which is nearly over in OZ)
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2007, 05:00:58 AM »

Good morning, Tomovoz! You have contributed to my TOD, because my CD player is a mix of YOUR CD's, plus a special mix CD I've done of my favorite, most glorious Elmore orchestrations. I love these LIB etc, CD's. I wish I had bought more of them during the second sale, but I was paying the price for being an independent filmmaker at the time.

In my DVD player, all ready for the weekend, more luridness courtesy of DR MBarnum.

Thanks to HHW for my "Ministers of Culture"!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2007, 05:01:57 AM »

And now I must get ready---I've spent too much time combing all 4 cats this morning and not enough time combing myself!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ben

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2007, 05:16:17 AM »

Edi, thanks for the article about the miniature maven in Georgia. I've copied it for Anthony to read.

Ben

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2007, 05:25:28 AM »

The Hartford presentation went well. We drove (and drove and drove). It's 3 hours each way but the scenery was nice and it was a beautiful day. We left at 6:15am and arrived in Hartford (we got a bit lost in Downtown Hartford) at 9:15. The people were receptive and the people from the Connecticut Council for Philanthropy (the organization that arranged the presentation) were helpful and nice. We had a 20 minute presentation and then an hour of questions. We then got directions to go back on the Merritt Parkway instead of I-95. It was much nicer returning that way. We had beautiful scenery and a very relaxing drive. We stopped for lunch at a diner in Berlin. We ran into traffic as we took the Triboro Bridge into the city so I didn't get home until 3:15. More than a full day of work! But it was nice to be out of the office for the day.

I just finished listening to the new 110 in the Shade. I do love Miss McDonald. Though I still think that Miss Ebersole will win the Tony on Sunday.

I have Curtains (OBC), Night Music (OBC), Little Me (OBC), Annie Get Your Gun (Lincoln Center revival w/Merman and Bruce Yarnell), Annie (OBC), A Grand Night for Singing (OBC, for the most part), The Fantasticks (OOBC), Barbara Cook's new CD No One Is Alone and Elena Bennet with the Fred Barton led Orchestra on her CD A Wrinkle in Swingtime.

Jennifer

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2007, 05:33:05 AM »

RE: last night's SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE.

TOP 20 SPOILERS

I haven't had a chance to see if anyone else has posted yet. But here are my thoughts on last night's top 20 reveal show.

I was disappointed with how they chose to do the show.

I've said here recently that SYTYCD is one of my favorite reality shows. And I've also said that the Las Vegas part is one of my favorites. But i really did not like how they did this show.

1. They spent almost the entire hour doing the American Idol type thing. The top 34 going in one by one and being told whether they made the show.

That in itself didn't upset me that much. But if you only have one hour. I'd rather see the dancing. I really had no idea why most people made the show or didn't. Because they didn't show enough of the dancing.

2.(and this is the part that drove me mad).  They spent all the time the day before showing the people who were getting eliminated. And they spent basically zero time showing 80% of those who will be in the top 20.

There were maybe 2 exceptions. But it made me really mad.

Some who made it through i knew (hawk and benji's sister). But only because they showed their original auditions and i knew them.  But they did not feature most of the top 20 in Vegas at all. In fact i had no idea if benji's sister was even still on the show. Because i never saw her.

The people they did feature in Vegas who made it were not even that interesting. That one ballroom girl (don't like her). Why on earth would she be the one they featured?

I really do like the other girl they featured (was in jessie?). Her interpretative dance was amazing.

There were a few others i remembered (like tyce's helper from last year). But by in large there are so many people i do not know at all. And i don't get this.

Yes there were some interesting stories from the people who got cut (the girl who lost her arm, and olivia whose mother had cancer). But why focus so much on their journey and not show anything of the people who got through.

To me I should know everyone in the top 20 already. And i don't.

Don't they get it that it bugs people to get to know people so well and then have them get cut?

And don't they know that people would like to know those in the top 20.

Since america is voting for the most part it's sort of unfair to have some contestants already popular.

I just don't get why they did it this way. :(
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 05:35:18 AM by Jennifer »

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2007, 05:59:42 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  It was already hot and muggy here in SW Ohio when I went out for the newspapers at 7am - yuck.

Today is an information-waitressing day for me, so I'll be in and out here at HHW.

TOD -

CDs:  Curtains, the HHW Birthdate Hit Songs CD, and an audiobook, These High Green Hills, by Jan Karon.

DVDs:  Pan's Labyrinth and Glengarry Glen Ross
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2007, 06:08:19 AM »

Good morning!  I am up and have emailed in sick (someone apparently forgot to turn on the answering machine when they left last night).

FJL

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2007, 06:09:18 AM »

Nothing to add, just saying good morning.

Cillaliz

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2007, 06:10:09 AM »

TOD - Curtains CD in my car, HHW birthday CD in my kitchen and Grey Gardens CD in my head.  I dreamed  about Grey Gardens last night. That it was suddenly going to close. It had a completely different story with the same characters, but I don't remember what it was

Cillaliz

« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2007, 06:12:29 AM »

I can't decide if listening to Grey Gardens today will get it out of my heard or will make matters worse....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2007, 06:16:16 AM »

Good morning, all!  I woke at 12:45 am from an ominous and frightening dream and thought it would be another lousy night.  Well, it wasn't; I slept quite well the remainder of the night, and even slept an extra hour.

Today, I have the NYPL at noon, and that's about all.  We're awaiting news on whether or not the new office lease wil be signed and returned or we go into storage, so I need good vibes for a lease signing, please.  I have to shop for a birthday gift, and I need to hit the market.

It was nice to hear from DR SwishySarah; I hope that she'll be around more often now that school is out.

TOD:
  DVD:  POPULAR (Season 1) last 2 discs, CAN-CAN, A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
  CD:  Guy Haines, Charlotte Rae, Thomas Tallis, Vaughan Williams THE WASPS (complete score), JOHNNY JOHNSON, FIREBRAND OF FLORENCE
  VCR:  cheep cheep cheep
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2007, 06:18:06 AM »

I dreamed  about Grey Gardens last night.

So much for Manderley!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2007, 06:18:43 AM »

Nothing to add, just saying good morning.

DR FJL, did you give Skip my message from Josh?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2007, 06:29:31 AM »

media check:

iPod:  THE BUBBLY BLACK GIRL, MARTIN SHORT-FAME BECOMES ME, GREY GARDENS (the NEW OCR)

Tivo:  EXIT SMILING from TCM, WE LOVE ELLA from PBS

DVD:  nada

Car CD Player:  I'll be giving the birthday discs from DR Tomovoz a spin as I drive to the Jersey shore later today.

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2007, 06:37:39 AM »

And the word of the day is: EDUCE!

Wasn't he an Italian despot during WWII?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2007, 06:49:46 AM »

TOD

CD Return to OZ
DVD Closer Season II

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2007, 06:58:08 AM »

Darn!  I missed the Tony Food Show last night.  Oh, well...

A Moon Pie For The Misbegotton
110 In The Shad
Spring A'bakening
The Little Dog Lasagna'ed
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2007, 07:01:45 AM »

110 Bottles of Beer in the Shade

FJL

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2007, 07:06:26 AM »

Larry - Yes, I passed your message on to Skip.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up