Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: THEY CAN'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME  (Read 27779 times)

Sandra

• "Stupider."
Re:THEY CAN'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME
« Reply #240 on: June 23, 2007, 08:51:03 PM »

I have nothing to say, so I'm saying this.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Cillaliz

« Reply #241 on: June 23, 2007, 08:53:50 PM »

God, I hope I get it... -Although, I'm not sure I understand it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBfVmHI--co&mode=related&search=

Sounded like something something something titsie, something something something bitsie.... ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #242 on: June 23, 2007, 08:55:26 PM »

Mamma Mia?!?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akZYHEEnpRI

Dar un something un foch....will I think it's foch..I'm not so good outside of English and Spanish

Cillaliz

« Reply #243 on: June 23, 2007, 08:57:30 PM »

I'm not much for spiders. Or snakes.
I don't like spiders and snakes, but that ain't what it takes to love you....or something like that

Cillaliz

« Reply #244 on: June 23, 2007, 09:00:38 PM »

It's been a very long day. It started out early as I had hoped to move many things in the morning before it got hot.  Alas, I soon discovered that my access card to the building and the elevator didn't work. I could get to my office because it's on the skywalk, but I couldn't use the elevators, so...I thought moving was shot. I was most frustrated, but decided to go to the old office and get some things done.

Cillaliz

« Reply #245 on: June 23, 2007, 09:02:26 PM »

I felt sick most of the morning...I think it was something I ate. Anyway, I didn't feel like eating lunch so I went to the new office and started unpacking.  I moved some of the furniture around and emptied all the boxes.  I discovered the cleaning people had thrown a box away. I didn't really need it, but I hope it isn't the same cleaning people.   I left a nice note...we'll see

Cillaliz

« Reply #246 on: June 23, 2007, 09:04:26 PM »

I installed software, set things up in the computers that sort of thing all day.  As I was leaving Jerry the barber on the first floor came running out to tell me that he talked to Bob the maintenance man and my card was now activated.   So, I got some dinner, came home and fed the cats and went back to the old office, loaded up the refrigerator and a few other things and moved them to the new office where I puttered around until 10:00 PM
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 09:04:35 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #247 on: June 23, 2007, 09:07:18 PM »

I'm not done, but I'm getting very close.  Tomorrow I'll move the plants and maybe go through the last couple drawers at the old office. I wasn't going to take it all with me, but now it looks like I have time so I think I will.    I have so much storage at the new office, that there really isn't a reason not to take it.

The furniture store called to confirm delivery of the conference table on Tuesday.  That and a few little touches, a table here, a magazine stand there and a trip to stock up on some office supplies and I'm good to go.

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: June 23, 2007, 09:08:41 PM »

I must say I'm tired and have been sort of grumpy at times, but this hasn't been too bad.  I've actually enjoyed doing this move myself.  It isn't that much stuff and with the weather, I've moved a little, then set things up, then moved a little more etc.   I am amazed how much I had in my old office.  I guess 6 years is long enough to stock up on a lot of stuff.

Cillaliz

« Reply #249 on: June 23, 2007, 09:11:38 PM »

Oh, I also ran into the computer guy who forgot to call me back yesterday. He's going to set up my broadband on Monday. They also do websites, so I'm going to talk to him about that and see if he'll give me advice on setting up my network.  If not, I pretty much know how to do it, I'm just waiting for the internet so I can do it all at once

Cillaliz

« Reply #250 on: June 23, 2007, 09:14:38 PM »

Thus endeth the saga of Cillaliz for this the 23 day of June, 2007

Cillaliz

« Reply #251 on: June 23, 2007, 09:15:13 PM »

well I got us over 250 anyway

Cillaliz

« Reply #252 on: June 23, 2007, 09:15:29 PM »

Now back to Michael Tolliver....

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #253 on: June 23, 2007, 09:37:11 PM »

And since I had thought you said "milking"....well, I thought maybe I had missed some previous conversation.

Oh, good. I am not the only one.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #254 on: June 23, 2007, 09:37:31 PM »

Cillaliz, I am excited for you!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #255 on: June 23, 2007, 10:37:53 PM »

Finished a DVD.  Just had a telephonic conversation with Lauren, who played Joyce.  I think what I'm hearing is that she had no idea she'd actually have to rehearse the show, that we'd all just somehow magically fly in and "do" it.  While I'm not going to need the four weeks, I most certainly am having two full weeks, what with the fact that she'll be playing opposite someone new.  So, my instinct is I'll be casting a new Joyce in NY.  A shame, since Lauren is excellent in the show and it's the kind of role you don't get very often.  But, she has a full-time job and that was a big problem even with the first production - and after that experience I said that I wouldn't go through not having my cast together for rehearsals - having to constantly work around people is not what I want to do or what's good for the show.  The good news is, there are some wonderful actresses in NY who would probably love to do the show and the role.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #256 on: June 23, 2007, 10:40:46 PM »

I'm going to eat a doughnut.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #257 on: June 23, 2007, 10:42:45 PM »

I'm eating a doughnut.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #258 on: June 23, 2007, 10:45:13 PM »

I'm finished with my doughnut.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #259 on: June 23, 2007, 10:47:27 PM »

Well, I've had a busy couple o' days!  Not very interesting...but busy.  I work in the Acquisitions department of the Timberland Regional Library system and once a month, we have to pay all the bills for the books, CDs, DVD, talking books, etc., that we bought.  Yesterday was the cut-off for this month.  Actually, it all needs to be done before my supervisor comes in on Monday, so I had today to completely finish everything that needed to be done.  And what doesn't help is that my co-worker Madeline has been on vacation for all of this past week and will still be gone all next week.  So, that's what I did yesterday and today. :P But it HAD to get done...so done it got.  

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #260 on: June 23, 2007, 10:48:03 PM »

Today, after I finished at work, my sister came over and finished painting my bathroom and we assembled some shelf units for my extra bedroom.  My sister and niece will come over tomorrow to help move the boxes that are in my living room into my garage so that I can clean my house for when my aunt from California visits in a couple of weeks!  Even though I've known about this for a couple of months, it's all happening too soon (said the king of the procrastinators)! ;) And now, I finally have some time to catch up on ALL of the posts from yesterday and today.  So that's what I'm doing.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #261 on: June 23, 2007, 10:54:13 PM »

Bruce  - how spread out are your actual show dates?  Do they run the span of the festival, or are they concentrated in a short period of time?  I guess what I'm wondering is whether she'd be able to get a cheap couple of flights back to L.A. during lengthy lulls in your performance schedule, if perhaps there were at times five or six days between some perfs?

George

« Reply #262 on: June 23, 2007, 11:15:37 PM »

I've just caught up to Page 9 of yesteray's posts...slowly, but surely. ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #263 on: June 24, 2007, 12:02:11 AM »

I'm not sure how it all works, I only know that our six performances occur between Sept. 19th and 30th.  I'll try to lock down exactly which dates they are, and maybe that will help, but I suspect it's the two weeks of rehearsals that's the biggest problem.  I suppose I could have her fly in three or four days before the show and just put her in, but I don't think that's fair for her co-star (who'll be new in the role) or for the company.  I've e-mailed her my thoughts and we'll see what happens.  It was hell working around her during the initial production (her and Alet both) and I don't relish doing that again.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #264 on: June 24, 2007, 12:02:55 AM »

Just think how all the errant and truant have missed the exciting potential news and a trivia contest (Fred is the only player thus far, and he got 100%).

George

« Reply #265 on: June 24, 2007, 12:12:22 AM »

I just caught up with yesterday's posts!  Now on to today's...and the exciting potential news and trivia contest!! :D
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up