Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: WHELMED AND OVERWHELMED  (Read 33705 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:WHELMED AND OVERWHELMED
« Reply #180 on: June 27, 2007, 11:59:36 AM »

Noted.

I think, however, that Hitler had similar marketing skills and managed to weave a web of deceit and lies about Jews in order to attain his political convictions.  

I think great care should be taken lest this country become inflamed in a civil war of incivility and hatred.

I could not agree more. I must admit I occasionally detect, on this board, a note of incivility and hatred surrounding our current administration.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2007, 12:01:46 PM »

Hi All..... Good morning dear Esteemed BK --

Hi Larry........I'm ashamed to say how incredibly lazy I've been this morning, but I'm just getting put together and organized now.  BUT..... as was previously posted here,  I want to see you at just a little before 6:30 this evening on 44th by the Schubert Theatre......  I'll be looking for you, and I'll be trying to look mysterious.  

And I'll be schlepping a goddam toilet seat since I bought the wrong size at fucking Home Depot!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #182 on: June 27, 2007, 12:05:03 PM »

I could not agree more. I must admit I occasionally detect, on this board, a note of incivility and hatred surrounding our current administration.

der Brucer

With all respect, I think this "administration" has spawned that sentiment with every fiber of its being.  That includes fomenting a war (based on a lie/deceit) that, according to a recent poll, (said war) has a 70 percent disapproval rating.

I'd actually appreciate reading anything positive you might share that this administration has accomplished without inciting fear or running up the worst national debt in history.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 12:06:01 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: June 27, 2007, 12:06:26 PM »

DR ELMORE exactly what OPTIONS are you looking for in your toilet seat?

Well, since it's taken me an two hours in unsufferable humidity to schlep to the East Side and back, clearly one that fits. I am not putting back the one I removed so I have to return the one I purchased and replace it here. I'd hate for Barnum to fall in.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: June 27, 2007, 12:10:17 PM »

Nothing praiseworthy or commendable about any of this.  

I'd expect it from Hitler or Stalin...or anyone of their wretched ilk...but to find humor in deliberately demeaning and abasing (not to mention lying and slandering) other people is abhorrent behavior.

I truly see her coming to a very bad end.

It's true. If she can go around publicly wishing John Edwards killed in a terrorist plot and tossing around the word faggot for any male she dislikes, I can only wish a terrorist assassination would happen to her. There are enough ugly utra-conservative small minds to replace her.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 12:12:39 PM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: June 27, 2007, 12:12:18 PM »

der Brucer

And why not? The administration's a mess and the president and vice-president should be impeached for this war.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #186 on: June 27, 2007, 12:12:50 PM »

I think, however, that Hitler had similar marketing skills and managed to weave a web of deceit and lies about Jews in order to attain his political convictions.  

I think great care should be taken lest this country become inflamed in a civil war of incivility and hatred.

Our xenophobes on the right (Rep Tancredo and Michele Malkin come to mind) have borrowed heavily from the Nazi playbook when it comes to discussing the problems with illegal undocumented immigrants persons.

I'll reserve terms like "illegal" and "immigrant"for such time as status is proven . (Note the handy way ICE just deported a mentally disabled US born Citizen to Mexico last week.)

der Brucer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #187 on: June 27, 2007, 12:13:21 PM »

Well, since it's taken me an two hours in unsufferable humidity to schlep to the East Side and back, clearly one that fits. I am not putting back the one I removed so I have to return the one I purchased and replace it here. I'd hate for Barnum to fall in.

Talk about a wedgie!

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #188 on: June 27, 2007, 12:16:04 PM »

.. I can only wish a terrorist assassination would happen to her...

You play the game very well.
But I really don't believe you - you're a nice guy deep down.

der Brucer

singdaw

« Reply #189 on: June 27, 2007, 12:24:06 PM »

And I'll be schlepping a goddam toilet seat since I bought the wrong size

Ah...

So size DOES matter!?!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: June 27, 2007, 12:28:01 PM »

Ah...

So size DOES matter!?!

I thought someone with your advanced knowledge already knew that.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #191 on: June 27, 2007, 12:34:30 PM »

You play the game very well.
But I really don't believe you - you're a nice guy deep down.

der Brucer

It's very kind of you to say that, but the hatred and venom she spills has an audience who supports her and her insanity. They're a threat to both the security and safety of myself and many of my friends including you and Woody.  And if someone is wishing death to a person I have respect for, I want them dead before they can achieve it.

Bill Maher can claim he likes her, but I think her madness and hatred is something he likes playing off of to keep the show hopping. I'm sure he knows she could turn on him in a second and publicly wish him dead as well, and I'm sure her narcissism is flattered by having such a public forum on which to spout her lunacy.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 12:35:13 PM by elmore3003 »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: June 27, 2007, 12:40:42 PM »

Back from a nice brunch with Merissa, and shall now be on my way to Vinnie's, after which I shall return.

Miss Coulter is a product of the world in which we live, and the media, who fosters and feeds her "celebrity" are just as much at fault as she is.  If no one pays attention, she has nothing, just like every Internet bully whoever lived - if you don't feed them, they go away into a corner and die.  She does what she does because she's allowed to do it.  She looks like a cheap hooker from Sunset Blvd. and she behaves (from what I've been reading) the way she does because a) she probably believes it, but b, and more importantly, she knows it gets her air time and print and keeps her a "celebrity."  In a word, she's the embodiment of everything that's wrong with this world.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #193 on: June 27, 2007, 12:41:28 PM »

Here's the Born in the USA story I referenced:

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Missing mentally disabled son, illegally deported

TIJUANA, Mexico (AP) -- Maria Carvajal walks the sweltering streets of Tijuana, Mexico, clutching a photo of her mentally disabled son, who she says went missing after being deported more than a month ago, despite being a U.S. citizen.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement confirmed Guzman had been deported and said the agency had done so correctly. "ICE has no reason to believe that it improperly removed Pedro Guzman," read a statement.

Guzman can't read or write and has trouble processing information. Carvajal fears he could be an easy victim for robbers.

The lawsuit says Guzman was asked about his immigration status in jail and responded that he was born in California of Mexican parents.

Sometime after that, the Sheriff's Department identified him as a non-citizen, obtained his signature for voluntary removal from the United States and turned him over to Customs and Immigration Enforcement, a division of the Homeland Security Department, for deportation.

The American Civil Liberties Union of Southern California, which helped file the lawsuit, says it has Guzman's birth certificate showing he was born at Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center.

The Sheriff's Department has said it followed procedures correctly.

It is a great comfort to know that no US officials are to blame for any of this. The mentally disabled need to be more astute at handling their interface with the authorities. Being illiterate and having trouble processing information is no excuse for not out-witting the government.

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: June 27, 2007, 12:42:57 PM »

I got an e-mail with the Milla CD added to Kritzerland, and I was told that the designer was only working a few more hours today, but that if I got back to her in a reasonable period of time, that we could go live and preorders could begin.  I e-mailed her back my approval within fifteen minutes.  I come back from lunch and we're not live.  She's away tomorrow and now we probably won't go live until Friday - although if she hears the message I just left her, maybe she'll do the right thing and put us live later today or tonight, because I did what she asked and Friday is not acceptable.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #195 on: June 27, 2007, 12:47:03 PM »

She looks like a cheap hooker from Sunset Blvd. ...In a word, she's the embodiment of everything that's wrong with this world.

I think more like a pricey slut from Bel Air. And, hey, Paris Hilton needs a role model.

der Brucer

FJL

« Reply #196 on: June 27, 2007, 12:50:52 PM »

Do I have to wait until the page 8 turn to say "And one for Milla!"

FJL

« Reply #197 on: June 27, 2007, 12:52:34 PM »

Oh, I guess I just did.  :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #198 on: June 27, 2007, 12:55:20 PM »

And now for something completely different (bear in mind that some of the "facts" are incorrect.  Don't know if they'll ever be corrected):

The Galaxy Song  (<--  click to see the sequence from "The Meaning of Life":

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine thousand miles an hour.
It's orbiting at nineteen miles a second, so it's reckoned,
'Round the sun that is the source of all our power.
Now the sun, and you and me, and all the stars that we can see,
Are moving at a million miles a day,
In the outer spiral arm, at fourteen thousand miles an hour,
Of a galaxy we call the Milky Way.

Our galaxy itself contains a hundred million stars;
It's a hundred thousand light-years side to side;
It bulges in the middle sixteen thousand light-years thick,
But out by us it's just three thousand light-years wide.
We're thirty thousand light-years from Galactic Central Point,
We go 'round every two hundred million years;
And our galaxy itself is one of millions of billions
In this amazing and expanding universe.

Our universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding,
In all of the directions it can whiz;
As fast as it can go, that's the speed of light, you know,
Twelve million miles a minute and that's the fastest speed there is.
So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth;
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 01:05:54 PM by Ron Pulliam »

singdaw

« Reply #199 on: June 27, 2007, 12:56:46 PM »

Gratuitously yours!  :)

FJL

« Reply #200 on: June 27, 2007, 12:58:18 PM »

Have you ever whizzed in a lot of directions?  It can get very messy.

Kidding, just kidding.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #201 on: June 27, 2007, 12:58:47 PM »

Gratuitously yours!  :)

Back atcha, big guy!

:-*

FJL

« Reply #202 on: June 27, 2007, 01:00:14 PM »

Weren't we talking about the film of THE WHIZ just the other day?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #203 on: June 27, 2007, 01:20:27 PM »

der Brucer

And all of it deservedly so.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #204 on: June 27, 2007, 01:21:21 PM »

There are so many things going on that I just can't keep up with. :-[ So...

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~SUPER~~~
[/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~VIBES~~~[/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~ALL~~~[/move]

[move=down,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~AROUND~~~
[/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #205 on: June 27, 2007, 01:22:44 PM »

Will we never get to page six?

Soon. Very soon.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #206 on: June 27, 2007, 01:22:52 PM »

I see the U of Toronto Horse's Ass Mr Farrow, who reminds me of Faye Dunaway in CHINATOWN ("I'm Brit/I'm Canadian/I'm Brit") has once again confirmed his low opinion of the general American mentality in all things, from politicis to tourists. I haven't figured out why he's so vitriolic on the  rec.arts.theatre Google site and so publicly polite but privately hostile on the Cast Recording List. Was he as charmless here when he was a regular poster?

Matt H.

« Reply #207 on: June 27, 2007, 01:26:47 PM »

I had a rather quiet afternoon of viewing.

I began with last night's MY LIFE ON THE D-LIST. Getting through the death of her father, the tone of this episode was much more upbeat, and there were some fun excursions to HSN (Home Shopping Network) and to a gig in Chicago.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #208 on: June 27, 2007, 01:28:18 PM »

I see the U of Toronto Horse's Ass Mr Farrow, who reminds me of Faye Dunaway in CHINATOWN ("I'm Brit/I'm Canadian/I'm Brit") has once again confirmed his low opinion of the general American mentality in all things, from politicis to tourists. I haven't figured out why he's so vitriolic on the  rec.arts.theatre Google site and so publicly polite but privately hostile on the Cast Recording List. Was he as charmless here when he was a regular poster?

Actually, SF was at one time a jovial guy who added a lot to the fun that was once had at rec.arts.theatre.musicals.  But sometime over the past five years or so he became a big stick in the mud.  I don't get it either.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #209 on: June 27, 2007, 01:32:03 PM »

Next I watched two MURDER SHE WROTE episodes. In the first, a man thought to be homeless is found dead in an alley with one shoe missing. Guest stars included Shirley Knight, Ed Winter, and Barney Martin.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up