Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: HUSTLE AND BUSTLE  (Read 37469 times)

td

• td
Re:HUSTLE AND BUSTLE
« Reply #240 on: July 05, 2007, 04:29:33 PM »

I went to 3D's personal info  

Hmm...Isn't that C-H-E-A-T-I-N-G?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #241 on: July 05, 2007, 04:31:12 PM »

And a good afternoon to the assorted cookies in the Jar, this afternoon.  

Glad things went well dear DR Jose with your key 2 debut yesterday.  And believe it or not, I wasn't at all surprised by your info about "the favorite waiter."  As I told you and dear Jason, my radar was just not registering a "full correct reading" for cute little John R.  :)

td

• td
« Reply #242 on: July 05, 2007, 04:32:06 PM »

Page Nine Cheating Dance

MusicGuy

« Reply #243 on: July 05, 2007, 04:33:56 PM »

I got some more personal work accomplished earlier, and now I have to start getting ready for my Thursday evening stuff.

Ah....... the exciting life of an old crazy lady in the middle of the desert.

By the way dear DR Jason......I have my electric bill on an "equalizer plan" so that I pay the same amount each month, and it balances out at the end of the year.  And my AVERAGED OUT amount is....... $400.00 a month.

OY !!

MusicGuy

« Reply #244 on: July 05, 2007, 04:34:30 PM »

And so, to quote the pert piano pixie.....

"Laterz......."

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #245 on: July 05, 2007, 04:39:06 PM »

$400 every month? Goodness!

I guess sometimes living in a little house without a pool is a good thing.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #246 on: July 05, 2007, 04:40:25 PM »

I had a situation today that bothers me, and I'm not sure of the outcome here: are radio and tv broadcasts copyrighted? Are all these items on Youtube and rapidshare kosher or a violation?  Someone has downloaded the complete BBC broadcast of Cole Porter's JUBILEE onto rapidshare, and I alerted the Cole Porter Musical and Literary Trust to it. They're with a large lawfirm and if they want to pursue the matter, I'm all for it.

If and when I pass around CDs of JUBILEE, I've got an edited set of discs in which I can remove all of the falsehoods in the announcer's introduction but the fact that a complete broadcast with lies concerning my involvement is out and about for anyone to download bothers me.  It's my career and my work being affected and I feel duty bound to protect myself since Ian Marshall Fisher and his London team didn't.

So, is this a copyright violation or is the attitude that tv and radio broadcasts are Public Domain?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #247 on: July 05, 2007, 04:40:52 PM »

me love you long time...

This, of course, needs to be followed with, "That's very easy to say...but are you willing to prove it?"

;D

It's a line from a movie (a comedy) with Christopher Lee and I have no idea which one. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #248 on: July 05, 2007, 04:42:18 PM »

Hmm...Isn't that C-H-E-A-T-I-N-G?

That's what it is there for, otherwise how would I know td is a male, without your photo there.  ;)

George

« Reply #249 on: July 05, 2007, 04:44:21 PM »

By the way dear DR Jason......I have my electric bill on an "equalizer plan" so that I pay the same amount each month, and it balances out at the end of the year.  And my AVERAGED OUT amount is....... $400.00 a month.

OY !!

:o The most I've every paid for electricity is $130...and that's in my new place that's three stories tall!  The least that I've paid in my new place is about $35.  It's VERY nice when it's that low. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #250 on: July 05, 2007, 04:44:45 PM »

Oh elmore, I hope it is illegal & you can "get" them for saying such lies about you.

George

« Reply #251 on: July 05, 2007, 04:47:05 PM »

George I enjoyed your family photos.  Your aunt has a very sweet face.

Thanks!  She's got a great sense of humor, too!

Cillaliz

« Reply #252 on: July 05, 2007, 04:49:30 PM »

DR Elmore - here is YouTube's copyright tips page http://www.youtube.com/t/howto_copyright and here are YouTube links for questions, reporting violations etc http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/topic.py?topic=10550

I'm no expert, but if the whole thing is there, it's pretty hard to argue fair use.   I think  you are right to try to protect yourself

George

« Reply #253 on: July 05, 2007, 04:52:13 PM »

TOD

Way too many Cole Porter songs to chose from

Ditto!  They're (almost) all great.

George

« Reply #254 on: July 05, 2007, 04:55:27 PM »

Thank you, Der B. UNCHAINED MELODY is one of my all-time favorite songs; I just adore it. But I didn't know much about the writer.

The Manhattan Transfer recorded an up-tempo doo-wopp version (from the album "Bop Doo-Wopp") and it's probably the only TMT song that I don't care for. ::) However, Elaine Paige recorded it on her British-only released "Cinema" CD and that's probably my all-time favorite version of the song.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #255 on: July 05, 2007, 04:55:39 PM »

Hmmm looking at that policy it appears the copyright holder must be the one who reports it.  Maybe you should pass on the information on how to report copyright infringement to the holders of the copyright.

Tomovoz

« Reply #256 on: July 05, 2007, 04:57:16 PM »

My whole issue with Youtube myspace etc is the invasion of people's rights to original material etc.  But then I have mixed moral issues re copying music. I support downloads from the internet - if they are paid for.  I will copy music myself (I've at least purchased it) for others - but in most cases only when people could not get the material easily otherwise.

I have that whole hypocracy of I'll accept copied times obtained through non legitmate means but will certainly not buy pirated music or DVDs. On the other hand I'll copy some DVDs (not sell) for friends with whom I wish to share the pleasure of the film. (in most cases the source material is not readily available in OZ).  Confusing but there are just so many shades of grey and gray.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #257 on: July 05, 2007, 04:57:45 PM »

Whew! I was supposed to go to a movie tonight with my friend from New Orleans.  She doesn't get back often, is still living in a FEMA trailer and is working on rebuilding the city.  Anyway, I wasn't exactly thrilled about going to Evan Almighty, but she said she never gets to go to movies, so I was going to...she just called and cancelled.  She is going to do something with her mom, which is fine.  

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #258 on: July 05, 2007, 04:59:52 PM »

DR Tomovoz, it is cold where you are? It is a bit warm here. I would like to hear about being cold.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

« Reply #259 on: July 05, 2007, 05:00:34 PM »

So if you do vomit on the ground do you get to subtract all the points you had recently eaten?

I would certainly hope so!  I mean...it's only fair!

;)

Tomovoz

« Reply #260 on: July 05, 2007, 05:02:14 PM »

I'm sitting reasonably close to a gas heater Dear Reader Laura. Blue sky today but chilly all this week.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #261 on: July 05, 2007, 05:03:51 PM »

Oddly (perhaps) I am annoyed when people copy CD compilations I have spent hours making. I'd probably be fine if said people asked!
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #262 on: July 05, 2007, 05:04:09 PM »

DR Jorge, how is Shrew going?  Continued leg-breakage vibes!

Thanks!  So far, so good.  Tonight, we're supposed to have a  quick line-through (and practice for those in fight scenes), but since I only have three lines and I'm not in any fight scenes, I'm not going. :) I have my script with me and will peruse it to remind myself of what I'm doing, but I also have it with me backstage and opened during performances, because I need to during the shows.

And tonight, I need to wash my costumes because they need to be washed. ::)

Cillaliz

« Reply #263 on: July 05, 2007, 05:05:11 PM »

Finally got some photos of Gabe

Cillaliz

« Reply #264 on: July 05, 2007, 05:06:34 PM »

Adam Sundee and Gabe

Cillaliz

« Reply #265 on: July 05, 2007, 05:07:46 PM »

Grandma, Dad and Gabe

Jane

« Reply #266 on: July 05, 2007, 05:08:33 PM »

Gabe is a beautiful baby!

Tomovoz

« Reply #267 on: July 05, 2007, 05:11:31 PM »

My listening at the moment - Dick Haymes. The Complete Capitol Collection. What a wonderful singer.
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #268 on: July 05, 2007, 05:15:34 PM »

Gabe is a beautiful baby!

Isn't he  ;D    They were hoping he could get out of ICU and go home today, but it looks like it will be tomorrow.

td

• td
« Reply #269 on: July 05, 2007, 05:17:22 PM »

I echo DR Jane's sentiments regarding Baby Gabe - he's beautiful!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up