Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: BEWITCHED, BOTHERED, AND BEWILDERED  (Read 33178 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:BEWITCHED, BOTHERED, AND BEWILDERED
« Reply #330 on: July 09, 2007, 10:05:12 PM »

nope...

This actress played a character nearly 30 years her Junior...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #331 on: July 09, 2007, 10:09:39 PM »

All My Children with Ruth Warrick?

She was a lovely lady.  Liked to sing.  She was always very kind whenever I would run into her.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

3DDiffusion

« Reply #332 on: July 09, 2007, 10:09:59 PM »

Anne Sheridan? Another World?
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #333 on: July 09, 2007, 10:11:04 PM »

Elmore, I have always enjoyed watching her work...

She is a wonderful actress...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 10:13:23 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #334 on: July 09, 2007, 10:11:31 PM »

She was a lovely lady.  Liked to sing.  She was always very kind whenever I would run into her.

I thought you didn't drive.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #335 on: July 09, 2007, 10:12:22 PM »

Good guesses...

The answer is Joan Crawford who had some of her best work in the late 30s amd 40s.

She starred on The SEcret Storm as a stand in for her daughter, Christina.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 10:14:04 PM by DakotaCelt »

3DDiffusion

« Reply #336 on: July 09, 2007, 10:13:28 PM »

Good guesses...

The answer is Joan Crawford who was had some of her best work in the late 30s amd 40s.

She starred on The SEcret Storm as a stand in for her daughter, Christina.

Now that's interesting...!
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #337 on: July 09, 2007, 10:15:40 PM »

Her daughter had surgery and she filled in for her while she was recovering. Christina's character was 28 years. Joan was 63 at the time.

I will try and get my scanner to cooperate tongiht. There isa still of Joan in a soap book I have.

Lots of wonderful stills of Ruth Warrick

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #338 on: July 09, 2007, 10:18:20 PM »

Another trivia question

What oscar winner's brother was a child actor on the daytime serial, THe Guiding Light? Him and his brothers were child actors in NYC during the 1940s and 1950s. The oscar winning brother had training in theatre before he went to film.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 10:33:27 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #339 on: July 09, 2007, 10:18:48 PM »

And I have a picture of him when he was in this role...

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #340 on: July 09, 2007, 10:31:47 PM »

And I've got chicken breasts to roast (cilantro/lime flavoured).

And quite tasty they were :D

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

td

• td
« Reply #341 on: July 09, 2007, 10:32:17 PM »

TD, you mentioned the film Bunty Aur Babli the other day and I kept meaning to ask if you liked it or not? I also keep forgetting that you like Bollywood films, too. Sometimes I feel so all alone here. :D

And I am always up for recommendations!

I simply adore Bunty Aur Bubli, from the opening train song, to the appearance of the investigator, everything is SOOOOOO right about this charming flick!
Sometimes, MBarnum, I blame you for my Bollywood taste, but, if it were only a momentary phase I WOULD blame you, since it's now a passion, I have no one but myself (and the Indian film industry) to blame.
BUNTY AUR BUBLI is one of the few which I have purchased out right after renting from Netflix.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #342 on: July 09, 2007, 10:37:18 PM »

I just finished watching HOT RODS TO HELL  ;D
Now, I must hie myself off to bed.

Nighters!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #343 on: July 09, 2007, 10:44:36 PM »

Well I have just arrived back to the Island of Long after an absolutey splediferous day in NYC

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #344 on: July 09, 2007, 10:45:14 PM »

Back from our general meeting, and a swell dinner with Cason and Heather at Genghis Cohen, where the rock group Ripley was performing in their music room.  For those who don't know, Ripley is the rock group headed by Alice Ripley, so we got to chat with her and hubby Shannon, who was the drummer for The Brain here in LA.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #345 on: July 09, 2007, 10:48:38 PM »

Glad to hear you had a lovely day in NYC Vixmom!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #346 on: July 09, 2007, 10:54:03 PM »

While I understand why some of you would urge "making nice,"...

I would have a brief conversation with my good friends Smith & Wesson in plain view!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

vixmom

« Reply #347 on: July 09, 2007, 10:55:28 PM »

The Vixter and I had a lovely dinner at John's Pizza with Jason, Jose and FJL

we laughed and laughed and welll you know how it goes... then Jason went off to Avenue Q to peddle his wares and the rest of our party wandered over to Juinors to partake of some dessert

The boys then left us and the Vixter and I went to the performance of Les Miserables.

WONDERFUL!!  

SPECTACULAR!!!

We had wonderful seats, no large-headed giants sat in front of us at the last second and there was no unseemly chatting or candy wrapper rattling

and then , just when it seemed it couldn't get any better... it did!!

Darling, generous Jose had arranged for us to go backastage and meet Megan McGinnis (who played Epinonne  beautifully.   Everyone around us, including the big bald truckdriver looking guy behind us were blubbing during  "Little Drop of Rain")

Megan very kindly took us to walk on the set and signed the Vixters' program.  An absolutely lovely ending to a wonderful day

Thank you Jose!!  :-* :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 10:57:46 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #348 on: July 09, 2007, 11:01:08 PM »

As we were leaving the theatre Chip Zien, who plays Thenardier, came out to sign autographs, he seemed quite bemused when the young girl in the Girl Scout uniform told him that she loved in him  in "Into the Woods" and made no mention of the show she had just seen!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #349 on: July 09, 2007, 11:01:54 PM »

What a gent he is Vixmom!

Also what a beautiful treat to end a delightful day with lively company and an excellent musical!

Memories to cherish, indeed!

Tomovoz

« Reply #350 on: July 09, 2007, 11:07:29 PM »

And a good evening to the HHW family - East & West coasters.
(I guess that's morning on the East coast by now)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #351 on: July 09, 2007, 11:08:43 PM »

Whoops! and those not on the coast.

I spend a lot of time in SOUTH Dakota lately.  Deadwood is such a wonderful work.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

vixmom

« Reply #352 on: July 09, 2007, 11:09:03 PM »

Jason,
In all the excitement of going backstage Vix left her book behind,) the one she was reading at John's Pizza)

Do you think the theatre would toss it out or if I call tomorrow do you think they would still have it?  Do you think they would mail it back to me if I paid postage?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #353 on: July 09, 2007, 11:11:51 PM »

Whoops! and those not on the coast.

I spend a lot of time in SOUTH Dakota lately.  Deadwood is such a wonderful work.

IT is a curious place also...

Cillaliz

« Reply #354 on: July 09, 2007, 11:13:07 PM »

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes and emails.

In response:

The property owner *is* the guy's boss.   The property owner is the guy who's developing the property, and he has always been very responsive and cordial when previous problems have arisen.

While I understand why some of you would urge "making nice," this guy threatened me and my dogs, called me every name in the book, and threatened violence against me even in front of the police, so I'm just going to steer clear and let the police handle any problems.  Our hope is that with a police report and my conversation with his boss, this guy will realize if anything happens to me, my family or my dogs, he's obviously going to get the blame and the repercussions.

I'm with you JMK.   I'd keep a close eye on the dogs when they are doing their business and just lay low.  Will this particular workman be there a lot?

Tomovoz

« Reply #355 on: July 09, 2007, 11:13:47 PM »

Today's throwout bins at my local Cd retailer had copies of the Soundtracks of "Annie Get Your Gun" (With the bonus Judy Garland tracks) and "Easter Parade". They've been added to my collection.
(about $5USA)
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #356 on: July 09, 2007, 11:13:52 PM »

Jason,
In all the excitement of going backstage Vix left her book behind,) the one she was reading at John's Pizza)

Do you think the theatre would toss it out or if I call tomorrow do you think they would still have it?  Do you think they would mail it back to me if I paid postage?

DR vixmom - Glad to hear you had a wonderful time during and after the show.  Megain is one of the nicest people I know.  Did you get a chance to meet her hunky boyfriend/fellow castmate, Michael?

As for the book... Where did she leave it?  In the theatre (in her seat)?  Or was it left backstage?  If it was left backstage, I could check with the stage doorman tomorrow.  -DR Jason could too.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #357 on: July 09, 2007, 11:15:21 PM »

I love the mesh of history and invention in the "Deadwood" series.
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #358 on: July 09, 2007, 11:16:29 PM »

DR JMK - I'm also in the "lay low" camp.  Yes, killing him with kindness may work, but it sounds like the person you're dealing with would most likely take your "kindness" as a sort of mocking, which would just make him angrier.  If anything, let him know the police will be checking in from time to time.  -And maybe refer him to an anger management class.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #359 on: July 09, 2007, 11:18:01 PM »

"Billy Elliot" opens in Sydney in November.  I've just had an email about tickets. They've not included an offer of free flights and hotel accommodation though. I guess I shall have to pass.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up