Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: PETULANT  (Read 30911 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:PETULANT
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2007, 08:47:25 AM »

Does anyone happen to know what Bruce Kimmel is up to lately?

Oh!  NYMF?  Really?

And he's willing to share!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2007, 08:48:17 AM »

Page Three Dance:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]BUY SHARES!!!!![/size][/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2007, 08:48:19 AM »

DR JRand - It looks like Merlin is giving a reading of his own in that picture.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2007, 08:50:39 AM »

Hmm... I guess she doesn't realize that she doesn't have to wash all the herbs - and she has a LOT of herbs! - that will be going into her chimichurri.  Well, it's always nice to be on the safe side, but most of the time they don't need to be rinsed and dried (in her little salad/herb spinner).
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2007, 08:51:36 AM »

Well, I need to clean up my breakfast dishes - well, the blender since I had a smoothie - and then cleanup myself.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2007, 08:51:45 AM »

TOD:

I have a lot of favorite instrumental albums, but here are a few of the top faves:

Plus any number of Paul Weston, Percy Faith, and 101 Strings albums that I have.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2007, 08:51:49 AM »

When we got back to Rehoboth Beach, der B and I dined at the local Outback Steakhouse.

Their prices have gone up, and there doesn't seem to be as much bang for the buck as there used to be.  Must be because they have to cover their national ad campaigns, which they didn't have when we used to go on a regular basis.

But our waitress, who had a Russian accent (or maybe Slovakian, we get a lot of students over the summer working here), was very nice, so she got a very nice tip.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2007, 08:52:10 AM »

Good Morning, DR MusicGuy!

So, when should I request the house seats for Gypsy for you?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2007, 08:53:32 AM »

Good morning to dear Esteemed, booked, sandwiched, buffed, and freshly-shined BK --

And a lovely morning hug to the DRs and H/Ks here so far.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2007, 08:53:42 AM »

I got to meet Nunnally Johnson's daughter, Marjorie Fowler and her husband, Gene Fowler Jr. (who were both very respected film editors in Hollywood).  I was a friend of their daughter, Kim.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2007, 08:54:08 AM »

Well, I need to clean up my breakfast dishes - well, the blender since I had a smoothie - and then cleanup myself.

Laters...
Unlike your processor, which wouldn't make a good smoothie considering what else is in it right now...

MusicGuy

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2007, 08:57:04 AM »

Good Morning, DR MusicGuy!

So, when should I request the house seats for Gypsy for you?  ;)

Oh dear dear Jose... you tempt... you dangle the carrot.... you entice me with theatrical delights, culinary orgasms, and decadent desserts.....

What to do with a boy like you??? :o

Simply smack you on your WADDY ..! ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2007, 09:00:28 AM »

Hunky Moon - that should be the name of one of those candies from last night

Comes in two pieces that you have to break apart!   :o

No, I think it just has a crack in it.
“One thing’s universal,

Jason

« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2007, 09:01:35 AM »

Well, the grand prep for tomorrow's party has started in the kitchen, and I'm just silently looking on.  -Well, more like "silently judging" - a turn of phrase that some DRs are familiar with.  ;)

In any case...

-Oh, she just realized she didn't have enough red wine vinegar for her marinade...  What to do? What to do?

;)

I must've missed something... Why are you silently judging? I think I missed a post or two - you don't approve of the BBQ tomorrow?

MusicGuy

« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2007, 09:03:40 AM »

Hi sweetie-cutie-golden pipes-Jason ......

I hope your headache is letting up.... HEADACHE BE GONE FROM THIS BOY !

(spoken in my best Ernst Ainsley healing voice!)

MBarnum

« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2007, 09:04:29 AM »

this weekend will be devoted to cleaning for me. My house is an absolute mess. Dust and fur and DVDs are everywhere and I can barely breath...so, rather then watching movies (other then the requiste nightly Bollywoods) I shall slave away with the mop, vacuum, duster, and storage containers.

However, I will take a break this afternoon to see the much recommended (by several HHWers) film ONCE along with a couple of co-workers.

MusicGuy

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2007, 09:05:06 AM »

Dear DR Jason...... Jose is being mean, and dangling "theatre treats as carrots" in front of my face.....awwww, poor me. :(

MusicGuy

« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2007, 09:06:49 AM »

Oh, and there is the golden flower of the northwest..... the original little "papa yaking" cutie.... dear Mikey.  Hi Mikey !

Jason

« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2007, 09:07:55 AM »

I know a great place to go for dessert after Gyspy, Lyn...and they have the cutest waiter there! ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2007, 09:08:06 AM »

TOD

Ferrante & Teicher: ALL-TIME GREATEST HITS
Chuck Mangione: (although my favorite LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE is not really instumental)
Percy Faith: LOVE THEME FROM ROMEO AND JULIET, plus most of the other CDs.
“One thing’s universal,

Jason

« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2007, 09:08:54 AM »

And now I must hie myself to the glorious Golden Theatre on the Broad Way for a two-show day, which may be the cause of my tension headache.

God, give me strength...

MusicGuy

« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2007, 09:09:44 AM »

I know a great place to go for dessert after Gyspy, Lyn...and they have the cutest waiter there! ;)

Oh... fine... now you too !!  Don't make me try to fit both you and Jo jo over my knee for tending to !!  :o

MusicGuy

« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2007, 09:10:28 AM »

Have a great day and enjoy all the crazies around Times Square Jason.....big hugs to you. :)

MusicGuy

« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »

I have to get back to the cartons, and the work, and the planning...... oy !!

TTFN

FJL

« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2007, 09:25:49 AM »

Herb Spinner - I think I knew him back in my law school days (or maybe that was Herb Siegel, I get them confused)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2007, 09:32:24 AM »

The problem with these shills is that they immediately turn it around on the person who's called them out.  As I said, one post, fine.  Two okay.  Four - fishy, especially when they're the exact same disingenuous post.  And one of our former dear readers who obnoxiously left this site when two dear readers were having issues (he chose sides, which was ridiculous - not the choosing of the sides, but the walking away in a huff) jumps in with a post in support of the shill.  And the shill, who I probably know. just makes it all about big, bad, BK, even using my name in her header title and inferring that my agenda is to call attention to MY show.  Only problem with that argument, as I pointed out, is that the shill is the only one who's mentioned my show - not me.  In fact, I have made exactly 0 posts about my show, other than to say thanks to someone who posted a congrats to me.  Whereas this person has made four posts about Donald McKayle and his show Roller Derby.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2007, 09:32:42 AM »

However, I will take a break this afternoon to see the much recommended (by several HHWers) film ONCE along with a couple of co-workers.

Be forewarned, Mikey, ONCE is not in Hindi.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2007, 09:34:16 AM »

The problem with these shills is that they immediately turn it around on the person who's called them out.  As I said, one post, fine.  Two okay.  Four - fishy, especially when they're the exact same disingenuous post.  And one of our former dear readers who obnoxiously left this site when two dear readers were having issues (he chose sides, which was ridiculous - not the choosing of the sides, but the walking away in a huff) jumps in with a post in support of the shill.  And the shill, who I probably know. just makes it all about big, bad, BK, even using my name in her header title and inferring that my agenda is to call attention to MY show.  Only problem with that argument, as I pointed out, is that the shill is the only one who's mentioned my show - not me.  In fact, I have made exactly 0 posts about my show, other than to say thanks to someone who posted a congrats to me.  Whereas this person has made four posts about Donald McKayle and his show Roller Derby.  

Do you know Donald McKayle?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2007, 09:36:57 AM »

Don't know Mr. McKayle, but I like his work very much.  I think the shilling will stop now, at least until we get closer to the show, when I'm sure many people from every production at NYMF will be all over the boards, slamming shows that aren't theirs, and praising to the skies their own.  It happens every year.  Once we go into rehearsals, my days of looking at that board are done for at least two months.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2007, 09:38:46 AM »

Lawrence Welk ( I know, I know) did some very nice instrumental theme albums when he was on Coral...and some of his later Dot albums are nice, too.

He is from North Dakota. He is not too bad. My grandparents were big fans of his and even got to meet him once when he was still playing in North Dakota and before he hit the big time.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up