Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: HUMID TIMES THREE  (Read 62559 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:HUMID TIMES THREE
« Reply #120 on: August 07, 2007, 09:48:03 AM »

Well, I need to prepare some things to take to the post office, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2007, 09:59:28 AM »

In your 30s - each morning an erection.
In your 60s - each morning a resurrection.

In my 50's-Insurrection!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2007, 10:00:42 AM »

Atlanta-95 degrees but "feels like 102". (I didn't need to know that!)

Air quality is on red alert-unsafe for anyone-and I've had a headache for two days.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2007, 10:01:22 AM »

but on the plus side, I just had the best brussel sprouts I've ever had in my life...and I LOVE me some brusssel sprouts!

Edisaurus

« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2007, 10:04:38 AM »

And then there's the whole slew of "State Fair Food" - Deep-fried Oreos, Mars Bars, Snickers Bars, Twinkies, Mac'n'Cheese Balls, Cheesecake Slices (or Nuggets), Cheese-On-A-Stick, etc., etc., etc.  :)

Corn dogs! And funnel cakes! MMmmmmmm!

Edisaurus

« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2007, 10:06:19 AM »

Glad to know Elmore is feeling better. Have some friend food---that always helps!

Edisaurus

« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2007, 10:07:41 AM »

My favorite onion rings are made with our local sweet vidalia onions and beer battered. Any other ring is a waste of calories for me.

I haven't found any good versions of these lately, which is probably a good thing.

Edisaurus

« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2007, 10:08:20 AM »

I am convinced that DR Jose knows every single restaurant and Manhattan, and most in the outer burroughs.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2007, 10:15:51 AM »

More favorite fried foods: the frickle's at Brother Jimmy's in NYC, the awesome blossom at Chili's/bloomin' onion at Outback, mini corndogs at Wienerschitzels.

Jason

« Reply #129 on: August 07, 2007, 10:21:53 AM »

DR Jason, your beautiful "Giants In The Sky" was quite wonderful!

Thank you! That means a lot to me. Ask Jose...I wasn't so much worried about sucking eggs in front of the casting director as I was sucking eggs in front of you and BK! It's weird how we psych ourselves out more when we're auditioning for a roomful of friends...

And I hope you're feeling better today. I've been feeling a bit off ever since this blasted heatwave started a week ago.

And I hope BK is hydrating while he's here... He's not accustomed to this humidity!

Jason

« Reply #130 on: August 07, 2007, 10:27:26 AM »

A VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO DR BEN AND HIS DH ANT!!!!

Jason

« Reply #131 on: August 07, 2007, 10:28:30 AM »

DA (Dear Auntie) Kerry: It's wonderful to see you here! I miss your face. I love you lots and hope you're well and that you'll keep checking in!!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #132 on: August 07, 2007, 10:29:19 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO DR BEN AND ANTHONY  ! ! ! ! ![/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jason

« Reply #133 on: August 07, 2007, 10:32:40 AM »

I can't remember the actual topic of the day (I read the notes nearly 12 hours ago), but I'm getting the jist of it...

I love fried foods. There, I've said it. I'm from Kentucky, so we fry everything. Not to cast doubts upon the quality of Skip's fried chicken, but my dad's fried chicken is by far my favorite on earth. Maybe it's the ingredients he uses, but I suspect it's more than that. In any case, his is my favorite by a long-shot. He used to be the international quality control manager for KFC (in the early 80's), and he's one of the few people in the world to know the 11 secret herbs and spices in the Colonel's secret recipe. And he's a fantastic cook. So is my mom. Her mac & cheese is amazing, as is her homemade creamed corn. YUM! Luckily, I was able to partake of most of my favorite home-cooked foods while I was there just a couple of weeks ago. :)

Jason

« Reply #134 on: August 07, 2007, 10:34:03 AM »

And congrats to DR Michael Shayne for losing 66 pounds!! I know how hard it's been to lose 45... How are you doing it? I honestly think Weight Watchers is the only way I'd have lost it... I couldn't have done it by myself.

Edisaurus

« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2007, 10:36:09 AM »

Der B, I think I have an answer regarding the hat. I'm looking at the episode now, and in the first scene, when she's at the beach, she takes off the hat as she enters the tent to see the victim and shoves the hat in her purse. So she probably did the same while she was down below in the boat.

Edisaurus

« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2007, 10:37:37 AM »

Congratulations to Jason and Michael for losing a combined 111 lbs!

Edisaurus

« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2007, 10:38:41 AM »

Back to the drudgery of packing and cleaning and packing...just stopped by work to pick up some boxes. They are really late getting us this week's episode, so that will make the next 2 days pretty tough.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2007, 10:39:07 AM »

but on the plus side, I just had the best brussel sprouts I've ever had in my life...and I LOVE me some brusssel sprouts!

Served how:

Steamed, broiled, baked?

Butter and cracked black pepper?
Healthy squeeze of lemon?
A nice dose of good Balsamic vinegar?
Gated good parmesan cheese?

Boiled, mashed, with melted Velveeta >:(

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jason

« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2007, 10:43:12 AM »

So I have a question for you librarians out there...

I requested a book to be sent to my local branch via the library's website. When I look up my account to check the status of the book, it says "COMMITTED - CANNOT BE CANCELLED." Am I to assume that they mean the book is there waiting for me, or does that just mean the request went through and the book is in transit?? I don't want to walk to the library in this heat just to find out that the book isn't there...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 11:07:00 AM by Jason »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2007, 10:43:58 AM »

Der B, I think I have an answer regarding the hat. I'm looking at the episode now, and in the first scene, when she's at the beach, she takes off the hat as she enters the tent to see the victim and shoves the hat in her purse. So she probably did the same while she was down below in the boat.

Is that the way a southern lady treats expensive millinery?

And her nice lady-like gloves are latex ;D

der Brucer

PS I think you're coverin' up!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2007, 10:48:03 AM »

NOTE: My carping notwithstanding, I think it was the best directed episode so far!

der Brucer

Miss Karen

« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2007, 10:48:16 AM »

Or she just could have forgotten it ...

Miss Karen

« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2007, 10:50:13 AM »

My carping

der Brucer

der Brucer carping?!!  :o  Never!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2007, 10:50:55 AM »

TOD:

I have never met a fried food that I didn't like.

MBarnum

« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2007, 10:52:18 AM »

At the Bollywood movie up in Beaverton this weekend, during the intermission, they served freshly fried pakoras in the lobby...oh, my gosh those were good!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2007, 10:52:41 AM »

I am now kind of hungry for some fried calimari.

Miss Karen

« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2007, 10:52:46 AM »

.... lost and founds are always filled with sunglasses, glasses, hats, sweaters, jackets, umbreallas, etc.... Humans are an easily distracted species ....

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2007, 10:52:56 AM »

~~~Continued Vibes for Elmore!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #149 on: August 07, 2007, 10:54:29 AM »

So I have a question for you librarians out there...

I requested a book to be sent to my local branch via the library's website. When I look up my account to check the status of the book, it says "CONFIRMED - CANNOT BE CANCELLED." Am I to assume that they mean the book is there waiting for me, or does that just mean the request went through and the book is in transit?? I don't want to walk to the library in this heat just to find out that the book isn't there...

The library where I work does not have that designation at all. :-\ I have no idea what it could mean.  Can you call your local branch and ask them?  It would save you a walk in the heat...unless you want the exercise.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up