Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: HEY, LA, I'M COMIN' YOUR WAY  (Read 75744 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:HEY, LA, I'M COMIN' YOUR WAY
« Reply #240 on: August 09, 2007, 01:54:13 PM »

As for that birthday dinner...

Not the one last night.  The one that is coming up...

A chef in town, Jay Caputo, owns two of the better restaurants, Espuma and Chez la Mer.  He happened to be one of my earlier customers, before any crowds started to show up (in other words, by about seven in the morning - my shift started at six today!) and I commented to him how great the site for Espuma is, but that Chez la Mer needs some updating.  He kind of rolled his eyes and nodded and said "Yeah, we've been meaning to get around to that."  He took over ClM just a few months ago, so getting the menu in gear has obviously been a higher priority.

It is fun to know these guys and talk with them while at work.  They're also getting used to the idea that I automatically run a second copy of the receipt for them, for business purposes, something they like.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #241 on: August 09, 2007, 01:55:04 PM »

Page Nine Dance!

[size=20]Y
U
M
M
E
R
S
![/size]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #242 on: August 09, 2007, 01:57:20 PM »

...He is bringing his Sugar Gliders so he doesn’t have a time restraint.  
Leashes, on the other hand, might be a good idea.

You will find out whether Sherlock is by nature a daddy dog.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #243 on: August 09, 2007, 02:12:13 PM »

Der B has been reading ads in the local paper, the Cape Gazette.  He's found an "eclectric bistro" in Lewes called Beseme.  Unfortunately, they don't have a website, so to find what they've got going on will require our driving over.

It's nice to know that my birthday dinner is worth fussing over.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #244 on: August 09, 2007, 02:20:07 PM »

Leashes, on the other hand, might be a good idea.

You will find out whether Sherlock is by nature a daddy dog.

Sherlock has met them several times and was always fine, until our last visit.....Bryan put one in Sherlock's face & it made the g-d awful noise they make when they are scared.  Sherlock was so scared he wouldn't go near Bryan, associating him with the sound & not the Sugar Glider.

Since Craig & Ioana will have the guest room, Bryan & the gliders will sleep in the murphy bed in the office.  Bryan will have to put them in their cage during the day so we can fold the bed back up.  At home they spend most days in his bed sleeping.  MBarnum saw how cute they are.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #245 on: August 09, 2007, 02:25:45 PM »

Who wouldn't want to sit inside a barn and see a play on a night like this?

Well I sure wouldn't....not in Indiana during a heat wave!

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #246 on: August 09, 2007, 02:26:13 PM »

DR Jane - sounds like you're going to have a housefull!  Have fun with your family.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #247 on: August 09, 2007, 02:26:53 PM »

If I were the guys sister, unless she makes a habit of getting married, I'd be very unhappy with my brother.

I was thinking this very thing!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #248 on: August 09, 2007, 02:28:15 PM »

Just had a nice chat with the gentleman who will be our publicist for The Brain, so that's another position settled.  We should have the sound designer by tomorrow.  As to the actress, everything is agreed to in principal and yet I STILL do not have a final answer.  I gotta tell you, I am so ready to move on.  I have given them till the end of the day, and I am firm and unbendable on it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #249 on: August 09, 2007, 02:28:46 PM »

I just got this from a friend of mine.  I believe DR edisaurus will appreciate this in particular.  -Although, I believe similar lists have been made up for L.A, NYC, DC, etc.

It sure resonated from me.  I especially love the one about one-way streets and the only way to turn around is to wait until you get to Greenville, South Carolina.  That's my home town!  Lots of folks in Greenville have racked up miles and miles on the road to Hotlanta.

One item not on there was:

Farscape.....that's what you crawl onto outside a window when you need to get away from a burning building.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Edisaurus

« Reply #250 on: August 09, 2007, 02:30:53 PM »

Bryan & the gliders will sleep in the murphy bed
\

Have you cleared this with Miss Karen?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #251 on: August 09, 2007, 02:31:54 PM »

JRand56(goingon57):  Break multiple leg bones tonight!

Don't worry....let the score do its magic.

Edisaurus

« Reply #252 on: August 09, 2007, 02:32:02 PM »

Farscape.....that's what you crawl onto outside a window when you need to get away from a burning building.

Or MBarnum's bedroom!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #253 on: August 09, 2007, 02:33:43 PM »

OH!

My niece, Alyssa, loves her chicken and potatoes.  However, the first time I cooked dinned for her, she kept asking for "Papas Chicken".  What?  Did she want her "Papa's Chicken"?  Well, after calling her mother - who's from Puerto Rico - I found out she was asking for potatoes and chicken.  -Alas, preferably fried, but she likes mashed potatoes (just boiled and mashed, no salt, no butter, no cream/milk).

That's good for her (healthwise) and good for you (MORE for you to put on your potato!).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #254 on: August 09, 2007, 02:47:36 PM »

I don't know if anyone here has seen/shared THIS with others here or not.

If not, enjoy!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 02:48:04 PM by Ron Pulliam »

FJL

« Reply #255 on: August 09, 2007, 03:19:03 PM »

Thank, Ron P, that was a great video.  :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #256 on: August 09, 2007, 03:19:38 PM »

The actresses' agent has just been too too busy to call us back and acknowledge that we have a deal.  And, I've told the general manager and the casting guy that that is not acceptable to me and that I'm not waiting anymore and to call me before they leave so we can make an offer to the next actress, before SHE takes another show.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 03:20:02 PM by bk »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #257 on: August 09, 2007, 03:25:48 PM »

Color me quite happy...LOVE AMERICAN STYLE is coming to DVD soon...season one will be released in November!

I love this show!!

I loved this show, also!  My sister and I used to watch it all the time.  I can't wait for this!  Thanks for posting the info! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #258 on: August 09, 2007, 03:34:59 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, that was a nice walk!  I started off here at 145th, and walked down to 72nd before taking the B Train back uptown.  I did take a few detours here and there, and the overcast skies kept the air temp on the cool side too.  In fact, right now, we're in the low 70s.  Again, a very nice walk.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #259 on: August 09, 2007, 03:38:44 PM »

I don't know if anyone here has seen/shared THIS with others here or not.

If not, enjoy!

That is a fun video.  In fact, I thought it was fun when I posted the link about two months ago.  And, again, when you posted it the other week.  ;D

<snark, snark, snark, snark>
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #260 on: August 09, 2007, 03:43:19 PM »

That's good for her (healthwise) and good for you (MORE for you to put on your potato!).

Well, I've actually grown fond of "anointing" my potatoes with a drizzle of a good, fruity extra-virgin olive oil lately.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #261 on: August 09, 2007, 03:45:29 PM »

BREAK A LEG, DR JRAND!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #262 on: August 09, 2007, 03:47:53 PM »

As for that birthday dinner...

Not the one last night.  The one that is coming up...

A chef in town, Jay Caputo, owns two of the better restaurants, Espuma and Chez la Mer.  He happened to be one of my earlier customers, before any crowds started to show up (in other words, by about seven in the morning - my shift started at six today!) and I commented to him how great the site for Espuma is, but that Chez la Mer needs some updating.  He kind of rolled his eyes and nodded and said "Yeah, we've been meaning to get around to that."  He took over ClM just a few months ago, so getting the menu in gear has obviously been a higher priority.

It is fun to know these guys and talk with them while at work.  They're also getting used to the idea that I automatically run a second copy of the receipt for them, for business purposes, something they like.

Is there any chance that you could ask Jay to cook up a special meal for you and the birthday boy?
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #263 on: August 09, 2007, 03:54:13 PM »

Well today is eat a DQ Bilzzard and 10% of the price goes to The Children's Miracle Network....I guess this means it's my duty to sacrifice by eating a blizzard....I should do it for the children....yeah, yeah that's the ticket
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 03:59:15 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #264 on: August 09, 2007, 03:57:14 PM »

Man this politics stuff is amusing.  I can't believe the news media actually takes the Iowa Straw Poll seriously.  It was started as a fund raiser for the state Republican party. Tickets are $35 a piece (you need a ticket to vote) and are usually purchased by the candidates who have elaborate catered tent parties with lots of food, live music etc where they give away the tickets.  I always figure that people vote for whoever had the best party.   Guiliani and McCain were smart to skip it. They are on the ballot, but aren't participating.  The candidates usually drop about a million dollars on it between publicity, the party etc.  
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 04:14:54 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #265 on: August 09, 2007, 03:58:42 PM »

The news just said we may be caucusing December 12, but we will be first.  Put it during the Christmas season and it would be very interesting. Only the die hards will be there....

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #266 on: August 09, 2007, 04:00:46 PM »

I also sped through today's episode of AS THE WORLD TURNS. A few months ago, they introduced a gay character to the show, and today he was going to have his first moment of connection with the guy he's harboring a crush on as they're swimming in the lake together.

Frankly, I don't find either of the two guys all that physically appealing, but it's so rare to have gay characters on these soaps for any length of time that I'll continue to have the DVR record the show and see how the plot develops.

ATWT is one of "my stories".  I don't watch it as religiously as I used to, but I still tune in every now and then.  It's been interesting seeing how they dealt with the character coming out - and a teen/college-age character at that too!  And this latest bit of "tension" has been interesting to follow too.  I caught today's episode, and I guess I'll have to see how it plays out tomorrow.

I actually find both of the guys attractive, although I think Luke Snyder (Van Hansis) is hotter.  But Noah Mayer (Jake Silbermann) ain't bad either. ;)

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #267 on: August 09, 2007, 04:02:46 PM »

Well today is eat a DQ Bilzzard and 10% of the price goes to The Children's Miracle Network....I guess this means it's my duty to sacrifice by eating a blizzard....I should do it for the children....yeah, yeah that's the ticket

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #268 on: August 09, 2007, 04:03:11 PM »

Is there any chance that you could ask Jay to cook up a special meal for you and the birthday boy?
I am going to be the birthday boy.

I think sticking to the menu this first time would be a better idea.

And it is Chef Jay.  And it's not just an honorific - he's earned the title.  Consider this review from a couple of summers ago.

My hunch, with Chez la Mer's emphasis on French, der B would prefer that restaurant's menu.  But we need to check it out first, see what's posted.

(And there's always the problems my work schedule can create.  *Le sigh.*)

Cillaliz

« Reply #269 on: August 09, 2007, 04:10:01 PM »

I got so disgusted with Boo clawing the furniture last night that I barricaded off the living room and let her know verbally that I wasn't pleased. Callie was more upset about it than Boo, so later when we had all calmed down, I gave them lots of treats and went to bed.   About 4:45 AM Boo started  making noise....all I said in a deep voice was "Don't even think about it." She stopped!

Tonight we played toys and had dinner and she didn't claw the couch...well at least not yet, she's curled up on my lap right now.  So far so good.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up