Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: THAI GEFILTE FISH  (Read 114495 times)

Jason

Re:THAI GEFILTE FISH
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2007, 11:02:53 PM »

Murder, murder!
In the slop sink...
Murder, murder!
In the skating rink!
Murder, murder!
Wearing bright pink!
Murder, bloody murder
In the niiiiiiiiight!!

Eh...close enough. ;)

Jason

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2007, 11:03:57 PM »

And now I'm gonna go read some more of GULLIVER'S TRAVELS (I finally finished the Highsmith books!!)...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2007, 11:04:22 PM »

"Red, White and Blaine"
Book, Music and Lyrics by
CORKY ST. CLAIR

Directed by                 Choreographed by
CORKY ST. CLAIR              CORKY ST. CLAIR

starring
JOHNNY SAVAGE CORKY ST. CLAIR
Ron Albertson     Sheila Albertson
Libby Mae Brown     Dr. Allan Pearl

now change the surnames to Norwegian, Swedish and German-Russian and you are on the right track...

There was even a song called Heimat. I am uncertain of the spelling but it referred to something about their homeland..

There was also some song about dried up lutefisk....

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2007, 11:05:00 PM »

Pleasant reading vibes for Jason!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

François

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2007, 11:07:44 PM »

J & H was indeed totally laughable.

My favourite laughter piece was the "Murder Murder" scene.
When I did get to see the show staged (and well), it still is a load of... as was (and is) the Pimpernel.

Big Ballad after Big emotional Ballad after another Big
Ballad.  None of the songs does much to advance the story line, nor to add character or emotional depth

Then one can say the very same of Webber's Phantom which J & H tried to emulate, I think! And it pleases the crowds; so, what is there to understand!

I thought that the book of High Society is based on a play! How come it does not work on stage as a musical?!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2007, 11:10:12 PM »

Tom, are you familiar with a shortwave radio broadcaster from Northern Oz called Rum Jungle?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2007, 11:11:13 PM »

Francois!!!

How are you monsieur?

François

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2007, 11:11:25 PM »

You see, contrary to most of you who see lots of live shows, I seldom get to go to a "live" musical, so when I do, I am grateful and appreciative and try not to be too critical! It is so rare to get musicals on stage in Paris!

Oh btw, you all will be thrilled to know that the French CABARET is coming bakc next month, with a new cast, I believe!

AND I still have to see it!

Tomovoz

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2007, 11:13:53 PM »

No Dakota.  I know nothing about Short Wave broadcasts. Rum Jungle is in the Northern Territory - south of Darwin.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2007, 11:15:39 PM »

Here I thought there would be a lot of musicals in France?

WE dont get a lot in ND either. We have to travel to the Twin Cities or Winnepeg to see shows. Occaissionally shows do come to Fargo or one of the colleges or high schools do musicals.

I have to leave the worst presentations to some of teh schools in the rural areas. Some are BAD! Granted they have to work with what they have but some of the production values are horrendous.

A small town high school did a rendition of Grease and they were off key and I there timing was dismal.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2007, 11:16:51 PM »

Shortwave radio was a hobby I had for a long time until I moved to Fargo. I am unable to listen anylonger due to the fact that I cannot put up an antenna. Rum Jungle used to play some interesting music.

François

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2007, 11:17:08 PM »

Francois!!!

How are you monsieur?

I am fine, thank you and have already one foot out of the door because... I am off and going home!

TTFN!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2007, 11:18:04 PM »

I was an avid listener to Radio OZ and RAdio New Zealand. I now listen to Radio OZ from time to time online.

Local FM Minnesota Public Radio station carries teh BBC late at night.

François

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2007, 11:18:14 PM »

"Don't talk about me when I'm gone!"

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2007, 11:19:31 PM »

Have a nice evening Francois and a safe journey home...

Tomovoz

« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2007, 11:21:24 PM »

I suspect that the crowds are more pleased with the staging of Phantom than anything else. It is odd that it works as you can't really feel sympathy for its characters.  For me it was an enjoyable experience to see the show - despite its flaws.  I can't say the same about Pimpernel and J & H. As I usually see non-professional productions, I do try to be postive about them.  

I like "Chess" a lot - but the professional production staged here and in NZ was so bad!

I wanted Woman in White to be great. I wanted The Beautiful Game to be more than it was.

What do I know? I loved the "dark" version of "Follies" and so many people love to loath it!  
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2007, 11:23:34 PM »

I liked Follies... The rendition they did at NDSU had a bit of a dark edge. Very well done

FJL

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2007, 11:32:45 PM »

Follies with a bit of a dark edge?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2007, 11:33:11 PM »

I think I am going to hit the hay....

Pleasant day vibes for Tom in OZ!!

Good night to other fellow readers!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2007, 11:33:42 PM »

I saw Follies at the Fifth Avenue Theater in Seattle.  The cast included Walter Charles, Constance Towers, Maxine Andrews, Edie Adams and the fabulous Judy Kaye!  

It also had Brian D'Arcy James as Young Buddy (I think).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 11:43:00 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2007, 11:38:12 PM »

The Follies version I saw in NYC was a real Treat.
James Thurber 1957

Jason

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2007, 11:45:38 PM »

Follies with a bit of a dark edge?

Oh, yes...

Nell Carter, Lena Horne, Jennifer Holliday, Loretta Divine, Carol Channing...

VERY dark.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2007, 11:45:59 PM »

Forgot:  "Return To the Forbidden Planet" (or whatever it was called!)

But great cover art!!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2007, 12:14:01 AM »

I'm off to bed.  Good night, Jason!  Good evening, Tomovoz! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2007, 12:20:05 AM »

Goodnight George.

I'm off here too.  Back later.
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2007, 04:47:37 AM »

I'm at the office and I'm caught up. I'll be back later.

Ben

« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2007, 04:48:24 AM »

I'm listening to Playbill Radio.

I, too, e-mailed Mr. Nondorf (AKA Rodzinski) exclaiming my enjoyment at Playbill Radio (since he works there) but I haven't heard from him either.

Ben

« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2007, 04:48:49 AM »

No one else is here at 7:40am so I'm bowl washing.

Later, Gaters.

Tomovoz

« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2007, 04:51:38 AM »

Happy bowling DR Ben.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2007, 04:57:46 AM »

Good morning to the Toyman
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Up