Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: WIDGETS  (Read 29425 times)

singdaw

Re:WIDGETS
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2007, 10:55:54 AM »

[size=8]PAGE 6!!!![/size]

singdaw

« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2007, 10:56:25 AM »

Chocolate Whoopie pie...

Are you going to put that on the pilot's seat?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2007, 10:58:10 AM »

...And I talked to one or my roommates this morning... Apparently, "she" was angry this morning since it appeared that no one had cleaned the bathroom nor the floors.  Well.. If she looked close enough, should would have noticed that all the chrome and porcelain was sparkling, and our main floor is one of those tile floors that still looks like it's dirty even after you clean it.  *Apparently, her criteria for a clean bathroom is a cleaned carpet... But since she likes to wash the BIG carpet in our LITTLE washing machine... I guess she was expecting to see more shreds from the pile and fibers and more pieces of the rubber backing peeled away... -Whatever...

"How come no one cleans when I'm not here?!?!?"

Ummm...  -Besides, when are you here now anyway??!?!?

In any case, our new subletter got caught in the middle of her "cleaning rage" this morning.  So...

The head roomie is going to have a good talk with "her" tonight - and actually make her stay and listen and respond instead of retreating to her bedroom again like she's done the past few times we've tried to have a house meeting.  So...  Just in case...

How much longer would DR Cason like to stay in NYC?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2007, 10:59:04 AM »

Chocolate Whoopie pie...

Are you going to put that on the pilot's seat?

Well.. Define "seat".  ;)

WHOOPIE!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #154 on: September 10, 2007, 10:59:51 AM »

Well, I better head to my gate.  I was able to secure a stand-by seat on the 2:25 back to LGA.  HOO and RAY!!!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2007, 11:00:21 AM »

;D  ;D

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #156 on: September 10, 2007, 11:04:25 AM »

Ha-cha!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2007, 11:10:43 AM »

Happy Anniversary to DR Singdaw!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: September 10, 2007, 11:12:30 AM »

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that DR JOSE has favorite eateries everywhere he goes. After all, he DID say that he does the grad school auditions every year. Actually, I think that one of the nicer aspects to travel is when you develop favorites that you can then return to. Sort of like that place BK likes...now what's it called? Joe, Joe... Maybe he'll find time for it while he's in NY. :)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: September 10, 2007, 11:13:54 AM »

Maybe what we all need to cope with travel stress is a CHOCOLATE WHOOPIE PIE!! Sounds very destressing to me! (Of course, a short flight helps.)

Jennifer

« Reply #160 on: September 10, 2007, 11:16:56 AM »

DR Cillaliz re: your comments about last night's BIG BROTHER.

I am surprised that you don't like the Donatos anymore.  I guess their edit (especially daniele's) has been much more negative lately.  It's sort of odd because this is how daniele has always been. Well actually i've been told that she is much worse than how i think she is.

I just really disliked her on last night's show.  But that scene with her and zach had me thinking.  She left in a huff very upset (good).  But she had been telling him that nobody could beat her dad. I loved zach's comments (after she left), "but your dad is an idiot".

Does anyone think she meant what she said (it's hard to tell)?  I do not think that dick could beat anybody.

I think a zach/dani final would be quite interesting. I really have no idea how people like amber, dustin, and jess feel about things. Do they hate daniele? Do they like her competitiveness.  She said such sweet goodbyes. But they were so fake.

I really hate the kind of liar she is.  After she voted out jess she kept saying, "oh but it was last minute". Why not just admit to what you did!

AFter watching last night's show i am SO GLAD zach turned on them. I hated listening to them complain about it. If they had planned to keep their word. Fine. Then be mad. But they were planning on turning on him.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 11:17:50 AM by Jennifer »

singdaw

« Reply #161 on: September 10, 2007, 11:17:29 AM »

Thanks much, DR Jennifer!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #162 on: September 10, 2007, 11:19:03 AM »

Maybe what we all need to cope with travel stress is a CHOCOLATE WHOOPIE PIE!! Sounds very destressing to me! (Of course, a short flight helps.)

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #163 on: September 10, 2007, 11:25:27 AM »

Does anyone else think that Jose, Jason, and Cason ought to rent an apartment together?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #164 on: September 10, 2007, 11:28:40 AM »

DR Cillaliz re: your comments about last night's BIG BROTHER.
AFter watching last night's show i am SO GLAD zach turned on them. I hated listening to them complain about it. If they had planned to keep their word. Fine. Then be mad. But they were planning on turning on him.

I think it's too little too late.

He should have done this when he held POV and Dick was HOH.  Eric and Jameka were on the block.  Only Daniele and Zach had a vote.  Zach chose not to use the POV.

He should have saved Eric.  Dick would have HAD to nominate Daniele.  And Zach and Eric could have voted out Daniele.  Then Zach, Eric, and Jameka would have been in the final four with Dick and the chances of Dick's leaving before the final 2 would have been much better.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #165 on: September 10, 2007, 11:29:32 AM »

Does anyone else think that Jose, Jason, and Cason ought to rent an apartment together?

Familiarity sometimes breeds contempt.  It's one thing to be great friends....but to actually share cleaning chores, etc., well.....I dunno....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #166 on: September 10, 2007, 11:34:10 AM »

In the FWIW Department:

One of my mom's friends in Johnston SC has two sons in the Marine Corps and both work in the Pentagon.

Recently, one of those sons got married to a lady who is an aide to Condaleeza Rice.

He called his mom this past Friday and said, "Mom, there's a hurricane coming.  You need to buy four or five days worth of canned goods that you don't have to cook.  And stock enough water to last that long, too."

My mom's friend was a bit puzzled, since she knew he knows she's well inland from actual exposure to hurricane-force conditions.  But she told him, "I know all about the hurricane, but we're not in its path.  We'll be lucky to get any rain from it."

My mom's friend said her son replied: "No, mom.  Listen to what I'm telling you.  'There's a HURRICANE coming!'  Please be prepared.  That's all I can say about it."

I know what his mom took from it, and I've been passing this message along.  It may not result in anything, but folks, there is "possibly" a hurricane coming, and it's best to be prepared.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 11:48:18 AM by Ron Pulliam »

singdaw

« Reply #167 on: September 10, 2007, 11:41:14 AM »

Elmer Fudd will tell us all WHY WIDGETS AWE REAWY AND TWUWY WONDEWFUL!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: September 10, 2007, 11:46:21 AM »

EDISAURUS,
You now have another S&V review on Amazon. (Well, once they post it.)

singdaw

« Reply #169 on: September 10, 2007, 12:04:37 PM »

MTV TO AIR LEGALLY BLONDE SAT 9/29 [taped 9/18]

MTV: Music Television has plans to go Blonde! The network today announced the green-light of Legally Blonde: The Musical, a special that will culminate in a televised airing of the entire Broadway smash show based on MGM's ever-popular film Legally Blonde, and offer viewers a behind-the-scenes look at the Broadway hit musical.

"Complete with a Pink Carpet extravaganza from the musical's venue, New York's Palace Theatre, the special will feature backstage access to the cast before their televised performance.  Legally Blonde: The Musical premieres Saturday, September 29 at 1PM (Eastern) and will subsequently air several times. Premiere dates subject to change.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #170 on: September 10, 2007, 12:06:50 PM »

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide][size=8] H A U N T E D ? [/size][/shadow]

Check out your state/town/city...or some international location you've visited!

Lacey, Washington - Nisqually Middle School - A picture taken showed an orb in the "7b" hallway. Rumored to be the spirit of a kid who attended the school in the 80's who died while he attended. There's a plaque commemorating him in the front-left of the school near the bus lane.

I went to Nisqually Middle School in Lacey!! :o But I went from 1978-1980, so this person died after I left.  But still...spooky!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: September 10, 2007, 12:11:31 PM »

Today's round of guidelines is over.  I'm now waiting for info from another colleague.  So, on to Brain surgery!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #172 on: September 10, 2007, 12:30:15 PM »

Monday afternoon greetings.  We had a call from my mother-in-law's nurse at 7:30am, informing us that she had a racing (but regular) heartbeat and would be having a procedure as soon as her cardiologist arrived.  I was ready for work, so Richard and I went over to the hospital and were there in plenty of time.  Harriet was pretty scared, but glad to see us.  That procedure went fine and achieved its mission, but the decision on the abdominal surgery has now been delayed, pending an x-ray she was to have this afternoon.  We're at home now, waiting to hear further.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #173 on: September 10, 2007, 12:31:24 PM »

Have you ever been in Medford's Federal Building, MBarnum?

Probably. I am thinking that is the building that houses the post office.

td

• td
« Reply #174 on: September 10, 2007, 12:39:37 PM »

Another Man Off The Market Report:
Couple Wed in Savannah Ceremony

Nashville, TN September 10, 2007 -- In a candlelight ceremony attended by family and close friends, country music artist Joe Nichols married sweetheart Heather Singleton last night (September 9th) at the historic Whitfield Chapel in Savannah, GA. The couple opted for a traditional wedding in a city they agree is one of the most romantic in the world.

"Heather and I have known each other since we were 18 years old, and I can honestly say I fell in love with her the first day I saw her," Nichols said. "The saying 'timing is everything' is so true with us. I have never been happier."

The couple will reside in Nashville, TN.

Well, congrats are in order. . .and so are my tears.   :'(
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #175 on: September 10, 2007, 12:39:44 PM »

Ginny, prayers for your mother-in-law for whatever comes next!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #176 on: September 10, 2007, 12:41:35 PM »

Monday afternoon greetings.  We had a call from my mother-in-law's nurse at 7:30am, informing us that she had a racing (but regular) heartbeat and would be having a procedure as soon as her cardiologist arrived.  I was ready for work, so Richard and I went over to the hospital and were there in plenty of time.  Harriet was pretty scared, but glad to see us.  That procedure went fine and achieved its mission, but the decision on the abdominal surgery has now been delayed, pending an x-ray she was to have this afternoon.  We're at home now, waiting to hear further.

~~~Continued Vibes for Ginny's M-I-L!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

td

• td
« Reply #177 on: September 10, 2007, 12:44:28 PM »

DR td probably already knows this, but The Arden Theatre Company in Philly is presenting Sondheim's Assassins, starting this week.

I do believe I saw the ad for this in the latest issue of THE SONDHEIM REVIEW. . .

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #178 on: September 10, 2007, 12:49:58 PM »

What DOES "The Sondheim Review" review these days?

td

• td
« Reply #179 on: September 10, 2007, 12:53:03 PM »

What DOES "The Sondheim Review" review these days?

The 50th (!) anniversary of WEST SIDE STORY.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up