Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LITTLE OLD WINEMAKER, ME  (Read 48043 times)

Miss Karen

Re:THE LITTLE OLD WINEMAKER, ME
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2007, 08:59:08 AM »

I'm glad the show(s) went well.   Sorry that you all had all these complications with the shows.  Now it is time to relax nd enjoy.  Please allow yourselves to do just that.   No matter how a show went, you know that someone in the audience had the time of their life.   That's what theatre is all about.

Good quote, DR Kerry -- and great insight to pass along to our HHW producers, writers, lyricists, directors!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2007, 09:00:04 AM »

All that was asked for was a line at the top of the post saying "Spoiler below."  Takes about....what... a second to do?  And that's too much to ask?

As someone who's been chastised about no "Spoiler Alert" sometimes it just gets forgotten in the rush!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2007, 09:01:05 AM »

Is the correct costume designer for the Brain being credited in all the reviews?

Probably not!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Miss Karen

« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2007, 09:02:52 AM »

Gotta scram! Things to do and then Case and I are off to see "Austentatious" which looks like it has been getting rave reviews (do I know how to pick 'em or what?).  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2007, 09:03:34 AM »

Gotta scram! Things to do and then Case and I are off to see "Austentatious" which looks like it has been getting rave reviews (do I know how to pick 'em or what?).  

Just like your nose! :-*

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2007, 09:09:33 AM »

Hello, HHW.

I can see that the fun hasn't stopped. I do wish I could have stayed, met more of you, and continued the show-going and partying. But I had a really GREAT trip.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2007, 09:10:14 AM »

DR Jane:

FINALLY, a show I loved that you and Keith could sit through.  I hope for all our sakes that the writers can make it as interesting, if not more, as that debut episode.

;D

Last night we watched THE BIG BANG THEORY and laughed during most of the show.

Miss Karen

« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2007, 09:10:17 AM »

Just like your nose! :-*

Wa-wah! You so funny, I forgot to laugh!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2007, 09:10:44 AM »

Does that photo of DR SINGDAW last night at the Virgin megastore remind anyone else of THE RED BARON???

Miss Karen

« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2007, 09:11:00 AM »

Hello, HHW.

I can see that the fun hasn't stopped. I do wish I could have stayed, met more of you, and continued the show-going and partying. But I had a really GREAT trip.

You have been missed!

Jane

« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2007, 09:11:46 AM »

Right after I got to the club, I asked a bartender (since this was the second night of performances) if he knew if there would be an opportunity for me to get autographs.  He said that he would have to ask one of the managers and get back to me.  Well, a woman (I forget her name) who actually works with TMT came and said that she might be able to take some things back to the group and they might sign them.  I said that I was staying for both shows, so there was plenty of time.  After the first show was over, she came and got my CD and DVDs and got them signed!!  Even the band signed one!  My scanner isn't working so I had to take pictures of what I got signed.  Here's the first.  It's the group's live Christmas concert DVD (it's also the most difficult to make out...I brought the silver pen :)):

That's great!

Jane

« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2007, 09:13:43 AM »

DR MBarnum, enjoyed the YouTube clip; thank you!

I did as well.  After so many years of watching Bollywood films, do you still need the subtitles?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2007, 09:15:48 AM »

You have been missed!

Thank you, Sis. I miss all of you, too.

Jane

« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2007, 09:16:39 AM »

I wasn't, either.  But, then, I don't avoid reading news articles about casting and such.

For example, the guy who plays Syler on Heroes, Zachary Quinto, has been cast to play a younger version of Spock in the new Star Trek movie.  OMG, should I have put a spoiler notice on that?  Someone might not have known that the new Star Trek movie would involve Spock... not that it hasn't been all over the entertainment news reports.

;D  I didn't even know there was to be a new Star Trek movie.

Kerry

« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2007, 09:16:49 AM »

TOD: the very stylish Chanel commercial from the late 70's/early 80's
" I am made from sunlight and golden dreams, and I will feel this way forever."   I may have this slightly off, but it's close.

And the ever classic, "Mother I'd rather do it myself!!!!!"

The Joanie Sommers 80's jingle of "Diet Pepsi, just one calorie " was so great and I've been trying to get a copy for years.  (It was even better than the classic "Come Alive-- yYou're  int he Pepsi generation.)

The Stan Freburg/ Ann Miller Great American Soup is also brililant.   I just saw it he other day.

The Imprevu perfume jingle from the mid 60's was also a classic
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 09:20:31 AM by Kerry »
I like boat races.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2007, 09:18:16 AM »

GEORGE,
IIRC, there have been a couple changes to TMT members over the years. Are you a fan of TMT over its lifetime or just of certain members?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2007, 09:20:01 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up...  And I'm currently having a whole wheat bagel and some coffee, black.  (Ah, a big reference.)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2007, 09:20:02 AM »

TOD:
And the ever classic, "Mother I'd rather do it myself!!!!!"

Oh, YES! That's gotta be the classic of classics.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2007, 09:22:22 AM »

Thank you, NOEL, for your post about SUCH GOOD FRIENDS. And CONGRATS on what sounds like a very fine show.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2007, 09:23:02 AM »

FJL, I hope you'll tell us more soon about STARFIGHTER.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2007, 09:38:25 AM »

JANE,
I promised I'd tell you about MISS KAREN'S BIG SURPRISE--so here it is.

Some of you may recall that I told Miss Karen some time back that I had a big surprise for her. I'd planned to tell her a certain piece of information when we met in person, whenever that happened. Then, about a month ago, Miss K, based on some of my posts, mentioned that she felt that she and I are soul sisters. I, too, had noticed that we share some views and couldn't deny the soul sisters bit. At that point I could no longer keep my information a secret; I HAD to tell her. And it is...I'm a Murphy. I was born Jean Murphy. Not only that, but my dad was from Texas, the home state of Miss K and her DH. I have relatives on my dad's side I've never met, don't even know their names. So Miss K and I did some checking of our respective family trees (well, DH's and mine). We haven't found any links, but, I tell you, I find it rather UNCANNY.

So there it is. Make of it what you will. JRAND says there are no coincidences.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2007, 09:45:54 AM »

And even though I had planned not to step into the fray on this one...  As for Spoiler Alerts...

Yes, sometimes, in the rush and excitement to describe/discuss things, a Spoiler Warning will not be posted.  Yes, DRs from time to time have asked that they be posted, and for the most(!) part, they have been.  And when they don't, well... It happens.

And it's not just an East Coast/West Coast thing.  There have been times when some of us East Coasters have recorded the program to watch it later while the West Coasters have watched it live - at least in their time zone.  ;)

I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that it's just TV.  That may sound like a truly simplistic blanket statement, and, well, it is.  And with all the coverage about television program and movies elsewhere on the web and in print, you may find yourself "spolied" just by a casual glance at a homepage or the cover of TV guide.  In turn, you may find yourself reading something you didn't want to read.  Again, that happens.  Is your life going to fall apart knowing that a favorite character got killed?, or knowing in advance that there's going to some sort of major twist at the end?

No.

HHW has always been a place of respect, a "living room" as DR MusicGuy coined a few years ago.  And there's bound to be some missed spoiler warnings, slightly hurt feelings, misunderstandings, and mis-readings from time to time.  But we all manage to hug (and sometimes kiss) and make-up eventually.

In regards to DR MattH, I don't think it's been an secret - even to the newer DRs - that he watches and loves his television programs (and DVDs).  Heck, he's even a reviewer for a website as DR Ron Pulliam stated, so he spends a lot of time in his Media Room.  Technically, he should (have) post a SPOILER WARNING before a majority of the posts he's posted.  -I know I haven't seen all the movies he's been reviewing and watching for his own pleasure.  And will the fact that I know how a certain classic film ends spoil my possible future viewing of it?  No.

So...  If you we happen to know that a certain TV program was on "last night", and we know that certain DRs happen to watch certain programs, well, there's always the scroll and "page down" buttons on your computer's keyboard.  -And if you happen to miss an interesting, non-TV-related bit of business, well, that happens too.  I think it's wonderful that we all try to be conscientious about reading each and every word in each and every post, but sometimes that's just not possible for all of us to do every single day.  -Am I right about that?

I do hope that Matt comes back to the site sooner rather than later.  (And there are times when we all takes breaks from the site anyway.)  In the meantime, I think we all just need to take a deep breath, and remember how much LOVE comes from this site when someone is in pain, sick, has a death in the family, etc.  That's all certainly more important than knowing in advance, by accident, what happened at the end of a television program.

*I have about two weeks of shows on the DVR here that I have yet to get to - and I don't even know when I'll get to them.  -And, yes, some of them have been "spoiled" for me - although mainly through casual conversations with some friends.  I'm still going to try my best to watch them.  I simply enjoy the programs, and there are programs I watch more than once - and they're just as if not more enjoyable on the second - or even third or fourth - viewing.  Heck, there have been whole seasons of show I was only able to catch during their summer reruns, and I was certainly not going to ask that there be no discussion about those shows until I had seen them.  Sheesh, that would have cut the number of postings down quite a bit! ;)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 09:47:26 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2007, 09:47:59 AM »

And after that note - and a rather lengthy one at that - I need to get ready for rehearsal...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2007, 09:48:18 AM »

DR Jeanne - That's soooooo cool!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2007, 09:56:06 AM »

I can understand having a lockdown on spoilers from the east coast so that people on the west coast can watch a show fresh.  But discussion of a show within a day of it's broadcast, while it is still fresh in the viewer's memory, should be allowed.  Those who insist on recording a show to watch it at their convenience, or who aren't in the original broadcast zones, should be more tolerant of those of us who want to talk about the show.  Anything other than that is simply censorship, and contrary to freedom of speech.

Hell, the TV Guide gives more information about shows in their one-line blurbs than these censorious screechers allow!

I refuse to buy or read TV Guide for that exact reason.  I basically avoid reviews of movies, tv shows & books until after I experience them for myself.  

There is so much to watch right now & if you only watch one or two shows a night it's impossible to keep up.  I suppose that is why we really limit the new shows we will continue to watch.

My intent is not to limit or censor any discussions, I just asked for a way to avoid reading information I'm not ready to read yet, and still read the rest of what a person has to say.

I love the discussions & have gone back to read them after I have caught up.  I can't help it, but if I read little bits of information that seem like nothing to someone else, I'm waiting for the "moment" to happen that I read about & it can really take away the fun or suspense of a show.  I think much of my problem is the fact where other people are surprised, I'm not, so I really don't want anything that makes it easier for me to know what is going to happen.

I wish I weren't so very sensitive & unaffected by all the information out there regarding shows.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2007, 09:59:58 AM »

Dakota, how wonderful your father is still joking.  

Good luck with your computer.  I’m impressed you can understand last nights conversation with DS Rob, through DR Laura.

brian

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2007, 10:05:20 AM »

Dear BK, your patience with what seems to be a lot of difficulties is going to shave decades off your time in Purgatory(assuming it doesn't send you direct to Heaven.One jingle I've been thinking of as I've re-started The Diet:"If you're  watching your weight/quite a lot/or a liddle/cause you're begining to be more than you should around the middle/Start your weight watching day/the Quaker Cereal way,/Quaker puffed wheat and puffed rice/how nice, etc.The other I remember from Boston TV; It pops into my head when I overdo the Merlot; It's an add for a coconut candy bar="Waleeco,Waleeco, Coconut bars are the best I know. With the best there's none too good/for those who do what they should should should; (Spoken)"Look both ways when you cross the street/So you'll be around to live and eat(Now Sing)Waleeco, Waleeco,etc.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2007, 10:08:13 AM »

And the word of the day is: TOKOLOGY!

The study of my Reefer Madness musical?   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2007, 10:16:33 AM »

I did as well.  After so many years of watching Bollywood films, do you still need the subtitles?

I suspect the only words DR MBarnum would know are phrases of a touristy sort, beginning with a riff on "You Tarzan Me Jane" that I cannot mention on a family site.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2007, 10:18:28 AM »

JANE,
I promised I'd tell you about MISS KAREN'S BIG SURPRISE--so here it is.

Some of you may recall that I told Miss Karen some time back that I had a big surprise for her. I'd planned to tell her a certain piece of information when we met in person, whenever that happened. Then, about a month ago, Miss K, based on some of my posts, mentioned that she felt that she and I are soul sisters. I, too, had noticed that we share some views and couldn't deny the soul sisters bit. At that point I could no longer keep my information a secret; I HAD to tell her. And it is...I'm a Murphy. I was born Jean Murphy. Not only that, but my dad was from Texas, the home state of Miss K and her DH. I have relatives on my dad's side I've never met, don't even know their names. So Miss K and I did some checking of our respective family trees (well, DH's and mine). We haven't found any links, but, I tell you, I find it rather UNCANNY.

So there it is. Make of it what you will. JRAND says there are no coincidences.

And here I thought DR Cason was the Missing Link! (drum hit)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17   Go Up