Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: DJT LEKNT LAKEUT EIT EH  (Read 76735 times)

MBarnum

Re:DJT LEKNT LAKEUT EIT EH
« Reply #240 on: October 04, 2007, 04:24:44 PM »

TD, do you have any idea when the new Scarlet Street will be out?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #241 on: October 04, 2007, 04:30:39 PM »

DR elmore3003 - Yep, Tuc Watkins is a total cutie!

Yes, he is and one of favorite daytime actors! I really enjoy watching his work
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #242 on: October 04, 2007, 04:33:34 PM »

Love Tuc Watkins. Can't wait to see him in DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES. He's also in one of my favorite ga-themed films made in the last 10 years - I THINK I DO!

I have a number of eppies taped of him from when Matt AShford was on OLTL a few years ago playing a serial killer. I really enjoy his scenes with Robin STrasser.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #243 on: October 04, 2007, 04:34:30 PM »

Glad to hear that Sam's eye is getting better.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #244 on: October 04, 2007, 04:43:33 PM »

Congrats, TCB on your poster approval!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #245 on: October 04, 2007, 04:44:07 PM »

Good luck vibes to Jeanne!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #246 on: October 04, 2007, 04:45:35 PM »

I just nabbed a used copy from Amazon; I will let you know, if DR JoseSPiano can't answer that!

I am also curious about the recipe for monkey cake

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #247 on: October 04, 2007, 04:49:35 PM »

Concerning the movie, Sweeney Todd,

I have only listened to the broadway cast recording featuring Len Cariou and Angela Lansbury and I have imagined to the best of my imagination of what transpires on stage. I fear my imagined version of Sweeney Todd will lead to disappointment of the movie. However I am curious.

Tomovoz

« Reply #248 on: October 04, 2007, 04:49:49 PM »

A few family connections have been happening this week.

This is my Great Grandfather.  Grandfather of my 101 year old Father who I shall visit tomorrow.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #249 on: October 04, 2007, 04:51:57 PM »

Great Grandfather was born in Scotland in 1840. He emigrated here (to South Australia).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #250 on: October 04, 2007, 04:53:37 PM »

His wife Isabella - born 1845 (in the same area in Scotland).

David and Isabella had 9 children.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 04:54:52 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #251 on: October 04, 2007, 04:54:02 PM »

Yes, he is and one of favorite daytime actors! I really enjoy watching his work

Right...his "work."  A likely story. ;)

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #252 on: October 04, 2007, 04:57:06 PM »

"Show Business - the road to Broadway" is up for pre order from RLP's close friends at Amazon.

(This may have been mentioned)
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #253 on: October 04, 2007, 04:58:45 PM »

Right...his "work."  A likely story. ;)

;D

He looks very hot in a towel!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #254 on: October 04, 2007, 04:59:39 PM »

Your great-grandparents were very handsome.

George

« Reply #255 on: October 04, 2007, 05:00:03 PM »

He looks very hot in a towel!

So...prove it!  Where's a picture??

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #256 on: October 04, 2007, 05:02:02 PM »

Your great-grandparents were very handsome.
It's a family trait.
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #257 on: October 04, 2007, 05:04:40 PM »

BEautiful pictures! DAvid is a very striking man!

I was snooping on worldconnect... I found a little on his family

http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=wdgrassick&id=I3046

here is another David Coutts I found
http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:3254074&id=I2723

The following might be the closest to your Coutts
http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=marycotter&id=I95410341
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 05:05:14 PM by DakotaCelt »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #258 on: October 04, 2007, 05:04:43 PM »

Good Evening!

I think I just came home from my last daytime rehearsal of Mary Poppins - at least as far as the two new Jane Banks are concerned.  -There's a "strong rumor" that this Saturday's rehearsal may be cancelled.  Well, for me, at least.  They'll have the other girl "shadow" that afternoon instead.  *So, if it does get cancelled, I may be able to catch Such Good Friends if there's still a ticket left.

Otherwise, they ran the rest of the show today including the curtain calls.  And, again, since we have two girls going into the show, we ran everything twice.  Although Bert and Mary only flew once. *And it was sooooo cool to see all the "magic" behind the flying.  And even though I could see all the "magic", it was still magical.  :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 05:06:22 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #259 on: October 04, 2007, 05:05:30 PM »

George, it is on my sick computer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #260 on: October 04, 2007, 05:08:39 PM »

DR DakotaCelt - Just rent/check-out/buy the DVD of Sweeney Todd with Angela Lansbury and George Hearn if you want to get a good idea of the original stage version.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #261 on: October 04, 2007, 05:09:04 PM »

on familysearch, I found two DAvid Coutts, bp: Scottland BD: 1840

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #262 on: October 04, 2007, 05:09:24 PM »

I will look for it...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #263 on: October 04, 2007, 05:10:26 PM »

As for "Desperate Housewives" and my Flapapino-ness, well, I believe I did refer to it - albeit rather obliquely - back on Page 3.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #264 on: October 04, 2007, 05:11:31 PM »

There are a few Davids Dakota. My Great Grandfather died in 1906.

Isabella seems to be a common name of the time also.
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #265 on: October 04, 2007, 05:14:04 PM »

TD, do you have any idea when the new Scarlet Street will be out?

None, whatsoever. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Tomovoz

« Reply #266 on: October 04, 2007, 05:14:04 PM »

The first David (despite the lacking information) is the right one. His wife was Isabella Harper.
I should contact the supplier of the information to give them the update as their assumptions are incorrect.
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #267 on: October 04, 2007, 05:15:02 PM »

Concerning the movie, Sweeney Todd,

I have only listened to the broadway cast recording featuring Len Cariou and Angela Lansbury and I have imagined to the best of my imagination of what transpires on stage. I fear my imagined version of Sweeney Todd will lead to disappointment of the movie. However I am curious.

Both the Angela Lansbury/George Hearn and Patti LuPone/George Hearn versions were taped for PBS broadcast and are available on DVD.  You could also check your local library to see if they have copies, or if not, you might be able to get it through Interlibrary Loan. :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #268 on: October 04, 2007, 05:15:47 PM »

yes, it was a very common name.

I am rather fond of genealogy.  I also have some scots but it what some call Scots-Irish.  

Davison, McMIllan and McEntee are the names that are from Ulster.  I am also Irish but I can never really trace that line. My 3xggrandfather was an orphan train rider.

I am also of German ancestry with ancestors from Pommern on my mother's side and Sudetenland and the Rhineland-Pfalz on my dad's side. I am still suspecting that oen my lines may have been originally Jewish.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #269 on: October 04, 2007, 05:16:31 PM »

In Winnepeg, there is an organzation that teaches both Scots GAelic and Irish Gaelic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up