Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: DJT LEKNT LAKEUT EIT EH  (Read 76921 times)

singdaw

Re:DJT LEKNT LAKEUT EIT EH
« Reply #150 on: October 04, 2007, 01:02:04 PM »

the boarder is breeched

Breeched Boarders at the Border!!  By the Beeches near the Beaches!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 01:04:40 PM by singdaw »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #151 on: October 04, 2007, 01:06:19 PM »

RE: DR RonP's question about HEROES

SPOILERS from this week's show.

The question was why claire didn't call the police when her car went missing. I suppose they figured that when you are on the run and trying not to stick out that it is not prudent to call the police.

Who knows maybe they still will. But i didn't find it that odd.

SPOILER

DR Jennifer, I appreciate your input.

My thing is that if their being "on the run" were the issue, they would not have (1) enrolled Claire into high school or (2) bought her a car, which would have required registration, license plates, insurance, etc., or (3) have Noah working and earning a paycheck from which SSI and taxes would be extracted.

I presume their aliases are solid and, therefore, calling the police over a stolen car shouldn't be a cause for concern.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 01:09:17 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #152 on: October 04, 2007, 01:07:05 PM »

I got my Mickey-Judy box set finally today. What a beautiful set! Haven't had time to look at a thing, of course, but it's very clear this set was put together with care and love.

Of course, Warners really has only enough Judy for one more box - Early Judy - with her programmers and LITTLE NELLIE KELLY. (I'm sure her two Andy Hardy appearances so far unreleased will go into the Andy Hardy box set.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #153 on: October 04, 2007, 01:08:18 PM »

Beach Britches Bought at Borders! Bitchin'!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matt H.

« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2007, 01:08:52 PM »

I spent most of the afternoon with the CSI: NY DVDs. I watched three or four more episodes (one loses count after awhile). I think I am only halfway through this box. I have now listened to all four commentaries and to three "behind-the-scenes" featurettes.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2007, 01:11:10 PM »

Here it is:  THE OFFICIAL SWEENEY TODD MOVIE TRAILER!

I can't view from here at work.

Well, if Len and Angela had used that as a trailer for the musical; I doubt that many of us would have ever seen SWEENEY TODD.  However, if you are trying to appeal to the kids who love SAW, HOSTEL, and THE HILLS HAVE EYES - Congratulations, you have succeeded.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 01:12:55 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2007, 01:11:45 PM »

The most recent featurette pertained to the episode "Silent Night" which featured two stories: one with Marlee Matlin and other deaf actors enacting a kidnapping story (very effectively done) and the other with Sasha Cohen playing an Olympic-level skater whose best skater friend was found dead at the rink prior to a competition.

Interesting that in the Marlee Matlin story, the actor playing the police interpreter for the deaf was one of the "Bachelor" guys. Very attractive and a superb signer.

Matt H.

« Reply #157 on: October 04, 2007, 01:14:25 PM »

I also watched last night's episode of LIFE. I liked, but didn't love, it. A solid police procedural with the backstory of him trying to solve the crime that got him unfairly sent to prison.

I wish they'd use Robin Weigart more (the no nonsense female police captain). She was the memorable Calamity Jane on DEADWOOD for three years.

Matt H.

« Reply #158 on: October 04, 2007, 01:14:54 PM »

AS THE WORLD TURNS: no gay storyline today, but it appears to be a part of tomorrow's show.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #159 on: October 04, 2007, 01:15:15 PM »

It's called "Plot device" (even as absurd as it is ::)).

It seems out of character for the writers on "Heroes" to resort to a "leave-a-hole-where-there-shouldn't-be-a-hole" just to advance a plot line."

IMO, of course..
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #160 on: October 04, 2007, 01:17:44 PM »

Well, if Len and Angela had used that as a trailer for the musical; I doubt that many of us would have ever seen SWEENEY TODD.  However, if you are trying to appeal to the kids who love SAW, HOSTEL, and THE HILLS HAVE EYES - Congratulations, you have succeeded.

So now you know....they did not make the movie for the likes of "us."  They made it for the target audiences of SAW, HOSTEL and THE HILLS HAVE EYES.

singdaw

« Reply #161 on: October 04, 2007, 01:20:32 PM »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #162 on: October 04, 2007, 01:21:08 PM »

Try "Kimmel Hands" beneath the stall divider and you might!

der Brucer

Well, he'll have to throw in "the Brain tap" to truly get the other stall's occupant's attention.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2007, 01:21:20 PM »

Different media, different times, different audiences.  I loved it and I cannot wait to see the film.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #164 on: October 04, 2007, 01:21:46 PM »

The singer had a signer
But the signer couldn't sine.
The winger had a whiner
But the whiner couldn't wine.
If the singer with the signer
Met the winger with the whiner
Would the dinner at the diner be quite fine?

td

• td
« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2007, 01:22:12 PM »

Don't you go breaching my Borders!  Come breachless, please.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2007, 01:22:49 PM »

Sometimes young folk have to be reminded that if they loose the clicker, the key can still unlock the car door.  ;)

As long as the car is where they left it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2007, 01:25:52 PM »

I also watched last night's episode of LIFE. I liked, but didn't love, it. A solid police procedural with the backstory of him trying to solve the crime that got him unfairly sent to prison.

I wish they'd use Robin Weigart more (the no nonsense female police captain). She was the memorable Calamity Jane on DEADWOOD for three years.

Her "thing" as the captain is to dismiss any and everything he thinks as being unprofessional and a burden on the department's resources.  He, of course, believes his job is to discover the truth...and she doesn't want him to "learn" the truth.  It might give him ideas....

She's a "bad guy" in this show...I can feel it.  She's hell-bent on getting rid of Lewis' character....and she's a prominent photo on his "revenge wall".
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 01:28:26 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2007, 01:27:43 PM »

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

NBC has put a show I don't like (30 Rock) in between two cars I do like (My Name Is Earl and The Office).

I mostly don't like 30 Rock because of the people in it (Tina Fey in particular bugs me) and the conceit of the premise....an NBC show about an NBC show...

So....I will watch Ugly Betty or Smallville.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

NBC has put a show I don't like (30 Rock) in between two cars I do like (My Name Is Earl and The Office).

I mostly don't like 30 Rock because of the people in it (Tina Fey in particular bugs me) and the conceit of the premise....an NBC show about an NBC show...

So....I will watch Ugly Betty or Smallville.

Welcome to "my world"....I have no use for NBC's Thursday night lineup whatsoever.  I know all the shows are big hits and have many fans.  But every time I've watched any of them, I've found myself easily distracted by virtually everything.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 01:30:49 PM by Ron Pulliam »

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2007, 01:30:42 PM »

Well, I'm not sure a little early bait-and-switch to generate some buzz isn't a good idea.

No matter what, they'll have us hooked - the trick is to get the others.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2007, 01:32:30 PM »

I got my Mickey-Judy box set finally today. What a beautiful set! Haven't had time to look at a thing, of course, but it's very clear this set was put together with care and love.

Yes, it's quite the spectacular presentation, this box.  I'm glad yours "finally" arrived.  I know it's been a long wait.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2007, 01:36:45 PM »

Desperate Housewives line  (Teri Hatcher quip to Nathan Fillion about his medical credentials) causes uproar in Philippines and show creators apologize.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 01:37:56 PM by Ron Pulliam »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2007, 01:36:56 PM »

So now you know....they did not make the movie for the likes of "us."  They made it for the target audiences of SAW, HOSTEL and THE HILLS HAVE EYES.

Sad, but true, Ron.  I still think that one of the greatest horror films of all time was THE INNOCENTS with Deborah Kerr.  No blood, no gore, but damned scary.
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2007, 01:36:58 PM »

Her "thing" as the captain is to dismiss any and everything he thinks as being unprofessional and a burden on the department's resources.  He, of course, believes his job is to discover the truth...and she doesn't want him to "learn" the truth.  It might give him ideas....

She's a "bad guy" in this show...I can feel it.  She's hell-bent on getting rid of Lewis' character....and she's a prominent photo on his "revenge wall".

I noticed her photo on his wall, and I immediately planted in the back of my mind that she was probably the guilty party. Pure guesswork at this stage, of course.

I saw last night's ratings. LIFE finished third in the slot, sadly, losing about 17% of its premiere audience (not that bad actually; BIONIC WOMAN lost a lot more of its premiere audience.)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #175 on: October 04, 2007, 01:38:01 PM »

The singer had a signer
But the signer couldn't sine.
The winger had a whiner
But the whiner couldn't wine.
If the singer with the signer
Met the winger with the whiner
Would the dinner at the diner be quite fine?

Danny Kaye?
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #176 on: October 04, 2007, 01:39:46 PM »

The credits went by quickly and I don't want to watch it again....right now.

I must have missed Stephen Sondheim's credit.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: October 04, 2007, 01:40:05 PM »

Other ratings news from last night:

PUSHING DAISIES won its hour handily. The new Kelsey Grammer sitcom sank to fourth in the timeslot.

CRIMINAL MINDS returns to #1 at 9 p.m. (and had the largest audience of the night). PRIVATE PRACTICE finished second in total viewers but won the hour in ages 18-49.

CSI: NY finished first in the time slot followed by DIRTY SEXY MONEY and LIFE (in that order).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #178 on: October 04, 2007, 01:41:50 PM »

I saw last night's ratings. LIFE finished third in the slot, sadly, losing about 17% of its premiere audience (not that bad actually; BIONIC WOMAN lost a lot more of its premiere audience.)

Actually, "Life" led its hour in the 18-49 demo which I've been led to believe is the plum each network shoots for, after placement numbers.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 01:42:16 PM by Ron Pulliam »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #179 on: October 04, 2007, 01:41:53 PM »

Desperate Housewives line  (Teri Hatcher quip to Nathan Fillion about his medical credentials) causes uproar in Philippines and show creators apologize.

"I am mortally offended by the statement because it betrayed the racial prejudice and denigrates the excellent performance of world-class Filipino doctors in the US," said Senator Miriam Santiago, whose sister is a doctor working in Los Angeles.

Mortally offended?
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Up