Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: DJT LEKNT LAKEUT EIT EH  (Read 76728 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:DJT LEKNT LAKEUT EIT EH
« Reply #300 on: October 04, 2007, 05:50:30 PM »

What school was that td?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #301 on: October 04, 2007, 05:50:31 PM »

Laura I owe you an apology.  I left the camera in the car today & missed a photo opt.  I'm glad you had one of your own, lovely.  Where did you drive to?

td

• td
« Reply #302 on: October 04, 2007, 05:51:46 PM »

What school was that td?

Carnegie Mellon University, Dakota.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ginny

« Reply #303 on: October 04, 2007, 05:51:47 PM »

DR Ginny - Monkey Cake?  ;)

Ding, ding, ding!  We were running a little early on our way down 9th Ave. on our way to dinner and stopped in there.  There was a little over half a cake left and I suggested to Richard that we stop on our way back from dinner  to get a slice.  He convinced me to get it then.  Even though we had dessert with our dinner, I'm going to have to sample the Monkey Cake before I go to bed.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #304 on: October 04, 2007, 05:53:56 PM »

As for Amy's Bread Monkey Cake vs. Hummingbird Cake, well...

Monkey Cake has walnuts.  Hummingbird Cake has pecans.  (That one recipe stating that either one works and that they taste the same...  Umm.. No. ;) )  Hummingbird Cake tends to be a bit more "spicier" in my experience.  Magnolia Bakery will sometimes feature Hummingbird Cake and/or Hummingbird Cake Cupcakes, and it's definitely different from Amy's Bread Monkey Cake.  Just sayin'...  ;D

SO, do you have a recipe????

Jane

« Reply #305 on: October 04, 2007, 06:07:49 PM »

How interesting I should choose this week to ask Craig about the bagpipes.  Monday night he heard them for the first time.  He doesn't spend much time on campus as his building (Heinz) is off to the edge.

Jane

« Reply #306 on: October 04, 2007, 06:08:36 PM »

As of today, Bryan has now received secondary applications from all of the 22 schools he applied to in the States.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #307 on: October 04, 2007, 06:09:03 PM »

As of today, Bryan has now received secondary applications from all of the 22 schools he applied to in the States.

Great news!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #308 on: October 04, 2007, 06:09:35 PM »

Is that good, or was he hoping for the process to eliminate some possibilities for him?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #309 on: October 04, 2007, 06:09:44 PM »

So sick of coughiiiiiiiiiing.  Over and over and over until I think I'm going to cough up my guts.  Cough Up My Guts - that's the title of my next novel.

Ginny

« Reply #310 on: October 04, 2007, 06:12:51 PM »

BK, sorry to hear that you've taken a cough home with you from NYC.  I have a feeling that I will, too.  Not feeling great tonight, and tomorrow is the first day of my 2 work days on this trip.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #311 on: October 04, 2007, 06:17:14 PM »

~~~Get Better Vibes for Our Very Own BK!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #312 on: October 04, 2007, 06:17:44 PM »

Vibes for Bryan...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #313 on: October 04, 2007, 06:18:25 PM »

Health vibes for bk!

Jennifer

« Reply #314 on: October 04, 2007, 06:19:01 PM »

DR MattH do you know how many viewers PUSHING DAISIES had?

Btw, of the new shows i watched this week i also did see BIONIC WOMAN (no spoilers).

I think a show like this has to have an excellent star (like a jennifer garner type). I just find this woman average.

The story was okay. But there is just something that doesn't really grab my attention.  Not sure if i will watch it again.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #315 on: October 04, 2007, 06:20:52 PM »

We drove up to the Snow Bowl, which is a skiing place at 9375 feet elevation, north of Flagstaff. Lots of aspen trees turning yellow. But not a good sky day for photos.

However, it did rain a bit here at home, so that's good!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #316 on: October 04, 2007, 06:21:54 PM »

VIBES TO ALL WHO ARE NOT FEELING WELL.....I"m feeling really good, actually. I've slept like a log every night since I've been home....maybe that's the reason.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #317 on: October 04, 2007, 06:23:35 PM »

BK, is Donny Osmond going to be in the fundraiser?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

« Reply #318 on: October 04, 2007, 06:24:38 PM »

Is that good, or was he hoping for the process to eliminate some possibilities for him?

LOL-It is good news.  What he is hoping for are interviews from a few of his favorite schools, followed by acceptances.  Then he can pull out from schools with less appeal & focus on the schools he is most interested in.  Each step of this process is time consuming and costly.  If/when interviews are offered he will have to fly to all but one.  Until there is a bird in the hand the other 21 will be pursued.

Jane

« Reply #319 on: October 04, 2007, 06:26:29 PM »

George 7 Dakota, thank you.

Cilla, will you be looking for a secretary soon or doing it yourself for awhile?

Cillaliz

« Reply #320 on: October 04, 2007, 06:26:58 PM »

Callie has been having problems tonight. The vet on call is from another clinic and isn't familiar with her problems. She seems to be sleeping now, so I'm waiting until tomorrow when I can have her checked by her doctors

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #321 on: October 04, 2007, 06:29:10 PM »

About Bionic Woman,

Michelle Ryan used to play Zoe on Eastenders

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #322 on: October 04, 2007, 06:30:03 PM »

It is a long process Jane and I wish him the best on his journey

Cillaliz

« Reply #323 on: October 04, 2007, 06:32:29 PM »

George 7 Dakota, thank you.

Cilla, will you be looking for a secretary soon or doing it yourself for awhile?

I'm doing it for myself for awhile.  
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 06:33:52 PM by Cillaliz »

Jane

« Reply #324 on: October 04, 2007, 06:34:44 PM »

Cilla-Not a bad idea, you can always find extra help if you need it.

Jane

« Reply #325 on: October 04, 2007, 06:39:40 PM »

Thanks Dakota.  I know I have said this before, and will say it again, but the wait is very difficult.  Having to wait often happens in life & I'm sure it will happen again & time does march on. ;D

I believe Bryan's classes are over on the 10th of December, so in reality it would be nice if he could have multiple interviews to go on then & organize them by location.  

Oregon calling before then would be nice, he can walk there from his home.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #326 on: October 04, 2007, 06:49:31 PM »

The Vixter has not yet studied this era of history and was shocked by the storyline.  She wanted to know how you "made this up", and was shocked all over again when I explained that the McCarthy hearings had actually happened.
She's far from alone.  I've mentioned Noel's show to some of my coworkers, and those who are a generation (or more) younger than myself have greeted my explanation of the plot with blank expressions.  I can understand Vixter being in the dark, but some of these kids are almost thirty years old, hardly kids any more.   :-\

I mentioned this in my 30 Days of NYMF column at BroadwayWorld:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=21754

Great to get the discussion started, although, I swear, my purpose was only to entertain.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Tomovoz

« Reply #327 on: October 04, 2007, 06:50:43 PM »

Taken through the window glass a few minutes ago:  the Currawong is feeding young at the moment. A favourite bird for its song but it does prey on smaller birds at times.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #328 on: October 04, 2007, 06:52:01 PM »

Yesterday morning.  He walks along the fence to get my attention!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #329 on: October 04, 2007, 06:52:51 PM »

Lovely pics of antecedents, DR TOMovOZ....and birds!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up