Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: ONE HAND CLAPPING  (Read 73278 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:ONE HAND CLAPPING
« Reply #300 on: October 10, 2007, 04:21:48 PM »

Wasn't Jose just talking about David Burnham last week?

Why, yes, I was.  Glad to know that someone reads and remembers my posts.  ;)  *And DR singdaw also mentioned him too.

He sings "As Long As Your Mine" on his CD with Eden Espinosa.  Maybe they could sing it at your benefit.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #301 on: October 10, 2007, 04:23:40 PM »

DR JoseSPiano - do you like Judy Kuhn's new CD?

Yes.  Although, I also love Laura Nyro's own originals, so...  But "tribute" albums are never totally successful to me in general.  However, I do like the album a lot, and it's just sooo nice to hear Judy Kuhn's voice again.

*And I noticed last week that all the Judy Kuhn "section" was empty, sold out, but this afternoon I did see that it was thoroughly restocked with both her Jule Styne album and her new one, "Serious Playground".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #302 on: October 10, 2007, 04:23:55 PM »

Uncle Jo Jo-

Do You have brand new Shoes???

No.  I decided to forego going to Macy's yesterday since it looked like the forecasted thunderstorms were about to begin when I left the rehearsal studio.  Of course, the rain did not materialize until around 10:00 last night.  I have a brief rehearsal session tomorrow mid-day, so I may head to Macy's before or after, or before and after my rehearsal.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #303 on: October 10, 2007, 04:24:01 PM »

Were you Mr Stephen Sondheim.....how would you rhyme:

Prodigal?
Mr. Sondheim is a gentleman.  He would never prod a gal.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #304 on: October 10, 2007, 04:28:40 PM »

Oh... I guess I should dance... Hmm...

Ladies and Gentlemen, once again, for your viewing pleasure, here's David Burnham...

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #305 on: October 10, 2007, 04:39:07 PM »

Speaking of the upcoming MTV broadcast of Legally Blonde...  As well as wearing pink...

*POTENTIAL SPOILER WARNING! - Comments are made throughout this "montage" about Legally Blonde as well as what happened during the live taping.  -Which may or may not explain the delayed broadcast date.

THINK PINK!
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #306 on: October 10, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »

You can't fool me, there is no prodigal claws.

Tell that to Edmond Purdom!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #307 on: October 10, 2007, 04:47:19 PM »

I bow down before the master

(wait, TCB, don't you dare touch that line)

There's a lot of dirty knees in New York
Cme with me,
FJL may do as he puh-leaze in New York
But at HHW,
He'll have his day
Should he abuse
or tighten a noose
on Dear Reader
TCB.
 :-X

td

• td
« Reply #308 on: October 10, 2007, 04:49:54 PM »

Td, how is Evil Twins DC Sylvester doing?  Please send my best of vibes the surgery solves the problem.  It didn’t use to.  I hope it has a greater success rate these days.  I also know how painful & horrendous the condition is that leads to the surgery.  I won’t go into detail about our poor boy Sinbad.

I'll be talking to DR EvilTwin later this evening, I'll keep you posted.

Cillaliz

« Reply #309 on: October 10, 2007, 05:00:26 PM »

DR Cillaliz yesterday you mentioned the movie ACROSS THE UNIVERSE (the Beatles movie).

I have not seen it but would like to very much. I saw a preview of it quite a while ago (i think it was when i saw HAIRSPRAY). It's directed by julie taymor (THE LION KING). I think it looks great (but odd).

Thanks. I called Paul, who doesn't usually keep up on musical things and he said he was dying to see this, so we're planning to see a matinee this weekend.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #310 on: October 10, 2007, 05:01:13 PM »

Greetings one and all...

Things have quieted down a bit....

I should be back on my puter early next week. I will be out of town over the weekend for a wedding.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #311 on: October 10, 2007, 05:02:24 PM »

RE: last night's DANCING WITH THE STARS RESULTS

SPOILERS

I was really happy with who left last night. HE was clearly the worst.  I am a little surprised since i feel like people like him (wayne newton) and marie osmond are popular yet not as good as some of the others. I bet she'll be around for a while.

I feel bad for the boxer floyd being in the bottom 2. He has a lot of potential.  I guess he doesn't have long. Same with mark cuban.

I think all the woman are popular. So it will be interesting to see who goes first. I would have thought the Spice Girl would go first.

My favorite is definitely helio and julianne.

OMG, circle this day on the calendar. We agree, DR Jennifer.  ;D  Except, I don't geel sorry for the boxer. He is trying, but he really isn't a very good dancer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #312 on: October 10, 2007, 05:05:51 PM »

I have taken the plunge... I am going to take grad school classes next spring...

Pray... Research Methods with the Filetmaster....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #313 on: October 10, 2007, 05:06:27 PM »

I am hoping the filetmaster is a rumour and it is actually the Preppy from 80s. He is a cool dude!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #314 on: October 10, 2007, 05:11:56 PM »

Question for one and all DRs....

One of my students was working on a speech for speech on people who lived in the 1980s and she was curious about the music and lingo. She worked really hard on her speech and delivered it this afternoon to a  warm reception by her audience. She even looked up some of hte phrases from the early 80s that came from Valey Girl and died of laughter when I did "Its like so bitchen!"

That got us into a discussion about  music and she could see why her mother liked certain things.

When you were a teen or young adult what popular songs did you enjoy?

(My student's topic bit my curiosity bug)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 05:13:16 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #315 on: October 10, 2007, 05:13:50 PM »

Oh... I guess I should dance... Hmm...

Ladies and Gentlemen, once again, for your viewing pleasure, here's David Burnham...

Helloooooo!!!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #316 on: October 10, 2007, 05:14:35 PM »

DR Kerry, is was a pleasant surprise to see you posting today.  SPEEDY HEALING AND PAIN FREE VIBES!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #317 on: October 10, 2007, 05:15:22 PM »

Dakota, best of luck with grad school & getting a fantastic job when you are done.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #318 on: October 10, 2007, 05:21:51 PM »

DakotaCelt, during the 80s, I was listening to Sesame Street.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #319 on: October 10, 2007, 05:25:22 PM »

Reading this site always costs me something!!  I just bought Judy Kuhn's new CD, and I think it's fantastic.  For some reason the music of Laura Nyro has got passed me.  It's really great stuff.  I also  purchased a Laura Nyro CD.  Good times.

Also, totally not site related, I purchased John Rutters "Distant Land - The Instrumental Collection" which I hear is really good.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #320 on: October 10, 2007, 05:26:20 PM »

Yes.  Although, I also love Laura Nyro's own originals, so...  But "tribute" albums are never totally successful to me in general.  However, I do like the album a lot, and it's just sooo nice to hear Judy Kuhn's voice again.

*And I noticed last week that all the Judy Kuhn "section" was empty, sold out, but this afternoon I did see that it was thoroughly restocked with both her Jule Styne album.

Oh, that was a picnic!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #321 on: October 10, 2007, 05:26:45 PM »

in response to my own question..

I liked ABBA, Madonna, Blondie, Elton John, Billy Joel, INXS to name a few...

Was never a Michael Jackson fan. However, I did like a song or two by his sister Janet.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #322 on: October 10, 2007, 05:27:12 PM »

Oh, that was a picnic!

Why do I detect sarcasm?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #323 on: October 10, 2007, 05:29:08 PM »

Recovery vibes for DR Ginny!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #324 on: October 10, 2007, 05:30:12 PM »

:)

Currently watching "Pushing Daisies"... That was cute.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #325 on: October 10, 2007, 05:31:04 PM »

Feel better vibes for vixmom!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #326 on: October 10, 2007, 05:31:26 PM »

Feel better vibes for Jeanne!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #327 on: October 10, 2007, 05:32:43 PM »

Well I sat down in the recliner and turned on the TV to relax....

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOOTING!

This one in Cleveland... the 14 year old boy who was the shooter is dead, 2 teachers and 2 students shot, I did not know their condition

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/10/cleveland.shooting/?iref=mpstoryview

Truly sad and troubling.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #328 on: October 10, 2007, 05:34:42 PM »

I just spoke to Comcast...Mark was his name...and he informed me that I am already receiveing HD TV...I just need to tune into those particular channels..which I shall do so..I have just never gone up into the 700s yet, I guess.

Boggles..... that many channels...

I am happy when PBS can come in... :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #329 on: October 10, 2007, 05:35:45 PM »

AS THE WORLD TURNS had the gay characters today, and previews appear to have them on tap for tomorrow, too.

I have to say that hospital must be the quietest, LEAST busy place on the face of the earth.

Soaps - you gotta love 'em.

Have you been following the story surrounding Carly?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up