Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: BUBBLE AND SQUEAK  (Read 31292 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:BUBBLE AND SQUEAK
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2007, 03:12:52 PM »

PAGE SIX LAUREN BACALL IN APPLAUSE DANCE!!!!

« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 03:13:09 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2007, 03:36:33 PM »

I can only hear Les Paul and Mary Ford doing this one!

;)

Some of our fellow DRs would not have been around for the Nino Temp & April Stevens version of "Whispering".

And no I don't recall listening to Paul Whiteman's version in 1920.
(I have heard this since but the transfer is dreadful. I'm so pleased it was not a "blues" song or the colour would have been muted too much to  suit modern audiences).   ;)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #152 on: October 25, 2007, 03:41:32 PM »

I watched all of the special features on the disc which included a "making of" documentary, a TV special than ran 22 minutes, and 11 deleted scenes, none of which needed to be in the movie and were wisely cut (though Betty Buckley had one of her few scenes left on the cutting room floor).

. . .as compared to THE HORSE WHISPERER where she had her entire role end up on the cutting room floor. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #153 on: October 25, 2007, 03:42:41 PM »

I have never met Maryann Lopinto.

Come to think of it, I've never even heard of Maryann Lopinto.

She has probably never heard of me, either.

According to Maryann, she KNOWS everybody.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #154 on: October 25, 2007, 03:52:09 PM »

Something tells me Maryann may have a different definition of "everybody" than I have.   ::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #155 on: October 25, 2007, 03:56:22 PM »

DR JoseSPiano:  Oliver Stone has NOTHING on (or over) you!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

td

• td
« Reply #156 on: October 25, 2007, 03:56:38 PM »

Okay, I'll have my go at the TOD:

I was in Miss Kasarda's second grade classroom.  We had just come in from recess.  The fifth grade teacher, Mr. Jones, knocked on the door.  Miss Kasarda went out into the hall for a few moments and returned to tell us that there would be no more school that afternoon as somebody had killed our president.

My family was glued to the teevee for the following days.  We did witness Ruby shoot Oswald.  We cried with Jackie as John-John gave his salute.  

Until Stone's JFK, I was aware of many of the conspiracy theories being bandied about - I had even read THE WARREN REPORT when it came out -but, Stone sent me in search of the other materials out there.  The book I  like best is CROSSFIRE.

And DR elmore is sooooo correct!  Jim Garrison was indeed a very shady figure.

Stone's JFK is a film that I revisit quite often, maybe two or three times a year and then follow-up with more fact/fiction checking.  I have several shelves of books about the assassination, as well as Stone's illustrated and annotated screenplay.

So, whodunnit?
Even with books attempting to prove otherwise, Lee Harvey Oswald did not do it.

The government had to be involved, as who else would/could have known about the change in the motorcade's route that day?

Who was that person with the umbrella?

If I had a time machine at my disposal, I think that I would like to go back to Dallas on that fatal November day many times to view all of the strange goings on.

td

• td
« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2007, 03:57:12 PM »

Something tells me Maryann may have a different definition of "everybody" than I have.   ::)

I think that Maryann herself defies definition.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2007, 03:59:05 PM »

The day is "sorta" winding down out here on the left coast.

It's almost 4 p.m.   The sun is headed toward the horizon.  There is a haze that makes the light a bit dim.

Soon enough will I return to my humble abode and face the awful truth of being behind in my chores and projects.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2007, 03:59:44 PM »

I've known folks who "defied" definition.

They also defied spelling, grammar and rules of punctuation.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #160 on: October 25, 2007, 04:00:12 PM »

And that's different from folks who "deified" definition.

Anal twits that they are.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #161 on: October 25, 2007, 04:00:56 PM »

I desire a stereo recording of Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops' "SuperStar" album.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #162 on: October 25, 2007, 04:03:14 PM »

I think Lee Harvey Oswald fired shots from the book building.

I have my doubts that any of them came near the president's car.

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: October 25, 2007, 04:03:54 PM »

My mom makes a delicious potato bulbenik.  Her latkes are very good, but the bulbenik is incredible.

I've had latkes and enjoy them...what is bulbenik?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #164 on: October 25, 2007, 04:04:12 PM »

I will not be going to bed at 8:30 p.m. today.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #165 on: October 25, 2007, 04:04:31 PM »

I will not be watching any HD DVDs tonight.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #166 on: October 25, 2007, 04:05:05 PM »

I will watch "Ugly Betty" and I will watch "Gray's Anatomy" while I record "Smallville" and "Supernatural."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #167 on: October 25, 2007, 04:05:30 PM »

I will not watch "Survivor: China" tonight, but I will catch the episode on "On Demand" later in the week.

FJL

« Reply #168 on: October 25, 2007, 04:05:52 PM »

I don't think Maryann ever claimed to know everyone.  I sort of said that about her, I don't think she's ever said that about herself.  To wit, or half-wit:

"Maryann Lopinto really does seem to know the proverbial everyone.  A number of times, I've been about to introduce someone to Maryann, and they'll say "Oh, yes, I know Maryann" or words to that effect."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: October 25, 2007, 04:10:05 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - And then there are those who "defiled" definition.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: October 25, 2007, 04:14:35 PM »

The new vet called this morning. She consulted with her vet and they want to give Callie another prescription and would have to put her under and do a scope to decide if it's really a constriction or if it's megacolon. They thing it's megacolon, the other vet said...."well it definitely isn't megacolon".   Sheesh!  I told her I had to think about it and want to have Callie get well before we do anything at all.   What I really want to do is to learn to treat this with as few meds as possible and let her heal both physically and emotionally.

She's eating if I take it up to her room. She was down stairs when I came home but as soon as she saw me she ran up to her room.  I feel like I'm regaining her trust all over again.  She has no problem with the lactalose and took her antibiotic without any problem.  I think she just needs a break for awhile.  

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #171 on: October 25, 2007, 04:14:41 PM »

Lee Patterson had spent that last 15 or so years sailing on his boat, which made it particularly difficult for me to pin him down (no cracks DR Elmore) for an interview. Th

then he wasn't working by choice-nice.

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: October 25, 2007, 04:16:22 PM »

Oh, she also told me if Boo has stomach problems that this food would be good for her too. I didn't get back in town in time to buy it tonight, so I'll make the trek to their office tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I can talk to one of the vets about what I'd like to do and see if they want to help me.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #173 on: October 25, 2007, 04:21:23 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - And then there are those who "defiled" definition.

Names, Jose!  I want names!

Cillaliz

« Reply #174 on: October 25, 2007, 04:21:36 PM »

I didn't hear from the old vet today....guess I'll just have to add him to the list of men who haven't called ;)

Seriously, I have gone to him for 6 years. Between the money and time I spent on 3 different cats, you'd think he'd call me back.  Either the front desk didn't tell him, or he didn't value me as the owner of two of his patients.  It may sound funny, but that hurts my feelings.

Cillaliz

« Reply #175 on: October 25, 2007, 04:23:51 PM »

There was another vet I was considering. I may get my records back from the vet (they seemed concerned about hanging on to the x-rays) tomorrow and seeing about a consult with the other vet.  His office is more conveniently located and my former neighbor Helen had very good things to say about him.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #176 on: October 25, 2007, 04:25:33 PM »

I didn't hear from the old vet today....guess I'll just have to add him to the list of men who haven't called ;)

Seriously, I have gone to him for 6 years. Between the money and time I spent on 3 different cats, you'd think he'd call me back.  Either the front desk didn't tell him, or he didn't value me as the owner of two of his patients.  It may sound funny, but that hurts my feelings.

Also consider how he might have learned of your decision to go elsewhere, and who the "filter" of your request was and how it may have been relayed to him.

He may not think you actually want him to call.  It all depends on the message he actually received.

He, too, may feel hurt.

Cillaliz

« Reply #177 on: October 25, 2007, 04:26:38 PM »

It was a very long day. They were behind so we had to wait 1 1/2 hours for our appointment.  Then the "non-adversarial" interview was extremely adversarial.  It was a very long drive back home, but I'm here.

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: October 25, 2007, 04:27:48 PM »

Also consider how he might have learned of your decision to go elsewhere, and who the "filter" of your request was and how it may have been relayed to him.

He may not think you actually want him to call.  It all depends on the message he actually received.

He, too, may feel hurt.

Yeah, or he may think I'm a psycho bitch from hell, but you'd think after 6 years he wouldn't think that.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #179 on: October 25, 2007, 04:30:06 PM »

Yeah, or he may think I'm a psycho bitch from hell, but you'd think after 6 years he wouldn't think that.

Or is used to it by now.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up