Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE I'S HAVE IT  (Read 27444 times)

MBarnum

Re:THE I'S HAVE IT
« Reply #210 on: November 02, 2007, 08:27:24 PM »

Good kitty news George!

MBarnum

« Reply #211 on: November 02, 2007, 08:28:00 PM »

Every time I stop petting Freddy, who is sitting in my lap, he tries to type on the keyboard.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #212 on: November 02, 2007, 08:29:08 PM »

Finished work.

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: November 02, 2007, 08:29:54 PM »

I had a good day. I decided not to worry about getting up early since I didn't have anything scheduled today. So I slept 9 1/2 hours!  Wow did I feel better this morning. It was a relaxed day and I actually got a lot more done than I thought I would.  I also need to do some things at the office, so I may get up early and go there for a while tomorrow.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: November 02, 2007, 08:30:09 PM »

I may now drive over to our designer's house to pick up some posters for the show - we did forty and are having them all signed by as many participants as we can.

Cillaliz

« Reply #215 on: November 02, 2007, 08:31:31 PM »

BK, would love to see the poster...do you have one on the net or a photo of one?

FJL

« Reply #216 on: November 02, 2007, 08:35:06 PM »

Speaking of sleep, maybe it's time to get to sleep.  

Skip's got the alarm set for himself for 7 a.m. anyway.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #217 on: November 02, 2007, 08:39:48 PM »

DR Matt, did you read the books that Women's Murder Club is based on?

No, I haven't read them. Never been a great James Paterson fan, but I may change my mind and try one. Of course, I seem to have almost NO time for reading fiction right now.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #218 on: November 02, 2007, 08:40:24 PM »

Oh, I saw the trailer for Sweeny Todd tonight. Looks interesting. I know someone else commented that they were thinking Edward Scissorhands, I thought the same thing.  I don't know what I think

Cillaliz

« Reply #219 on: November 02, 2007, 08:42:45 PM »

No, I haven't read them. Never been a great James Paterson fan, but I may change my mind and try one. Of course, I seem to have almost NO time for reading fiction right now.

I wondered, I read some of them and after watching even a little of the tv show, I didn't like it at all.  If you really like the show maybe you shouldn't read the books  :)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #220 on: November 02, 2007, 08:47:16 PM »

DR George - Fabulous news about Ebonie!!!  Callie and Boo are dancing with glee :D

Thanks!!  It is great news! ;D  Ebonie and I did the Happy Dance when we got home after the appointment...but I think Ebonie was happier about getting out of the cat-carrier and the car and not so much about the news itself. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #221 on: November 02, 2007, 08:47:53 PM »

Good kitty news George!

Thank you, too!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #222 on: November 02, 2007, 08:48:45 PM »

GHOST WHISPERER was a rather offbeat story for the series with some genuine surprises. And some upcoming life changes for the couple if the series continues to run it appears right now. Of course, the writers can always have characters change their minds.

Ooo...this sounds intriguing.  I'm still at work (but not for long) and will watch it a little later tonight. :)

Matt H.

« Reply #223 on: November 02, 2007, 08:51:31 PM »

Ooo...this sounds intriguing.  I'm still at work (but not for long) and will watch it a little later tonight. :)

I tried to make it sound intriguing without giving anything away. I really thought tonight's episode had a different vibe all around while still dealing with what the series is primarily about.

Matt H.

« Reply #224 on: November 02, 2007, 08:52:44 PM »

I guess I'll be heading down to bed now.

Good night!

George

« Reply #225 on: November 02, 2007, 09:04:52 PM »

Time for me to go home.  Until later!

François

« Reply #226 on: November 02, 2007, 09:11:33 PM »

This Rufus guy is quite something!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=00tF0ssYTcU

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #227 on: November 02, 2007, 09:45:47 PM »

Matthew, which release of the concert version do you have?  The original (and rare) version that (if I remember correctly) was recalled and which has 24 tracks on disc 1 and no bonus track on disc 2 or the second release that has fewer tracks on disc 1?  I actually have both here at work.

Now I'm confused!

Matthew posted

been listening to Chess this afternoon.  A mix of the Concert CD, the London CD and the Broadway CD.  

To the best of my knowledge there never was a recording of the original London Cast.

By "Concert" do you guys mean the studio concept album, recorded and released prior to the show opening?

der Brucer

« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 10:08:58 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #228 on: November 02, 2007, 10:02:07 PM »

tomorrow will be 2 months to the caucus. That means 2 months of phone calls, knocks on the door and ad after ad after ad...I am soooooo tired of this

Well, we could just crown Cheney and put an end to this unseemly campaigning.

der Brucer

Tomovoz

« Reply #229 on: November 02, 2007, 10:03:09 PM »

Chess in concert - Gothenburg 1994. (In English).
"The London" album (concept) was recorded in London & Sweden
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: November 02, 2007, 10:15:14 PM »

The poster is similar to the flyer, which I think I posted a while back.

Cilla - did you see what Rupert gave us for the silent auction - amazing!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: November 02, 2007, 10:15:33 PM »

Are we STILL on page eight?

DERBRUCER

« Reply #232 on: November 02, 2007, 10:44:35 PM »

Are we STILL on page eight?
Yup - for over half an hour.

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #233 on: November 02, 2007, 10:57:23 PM »

Good Evening!

I managed to meet my brother, Mike, when he got into Penn Station.  I was done with rehearsal a little before 6:00, and since his train was due in at 6:30, I just decided to hang out for a while since I was just two blocks away.  We managed to find each other on the concourse level in Penn Station - of course, it appears we were standing just a few feet apart from each other for a minute or so before we saw each other.  ;)

Then we hopped on the subway to head down to Chelsea to meet my brother, Jay, and his girlfriend.  They're staying with a friend who lives in Chelsea who happens to be one of Mike's classmates/friends from the Coast Guard Academy.  Once we got Steve's place, we called Jay to come down to let us into the building.  Then we waited.  And waited.  It turned out Jay was still in a cab heading back from the Marathon Expo at the Javits Center when we had called him.  So, when he said he was on his way down, he meant he was on his way downtown.  Ah...

So, once the three Simbulan boys were finally reunited on the sidewalk, we headed up to Steve's apartment to drop off our bags before heading out to dinner.  Steve had also just got home from work, so all of us headed out to grab a bite to eat...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #234 on: November 02, 2007, 11:04:38 PM »

Well...

Steve had gone out the other night to the Police concert at Madison Square Garden.  After the concert he went to a bar in the Meatpacking District, where he proceeded to leave all of his concert memorabilia that night.  He had called them earlier to see if his stuff might still be there, and they guy said it was, so our first stop was that bar.  And since we were in the Meatpacking District, I suggested we go ahead and eat at Florent - one of my favorite places to eat in NYC.  So, while Steve was checking at the bar, we headed over to Florent.

Of course, Florent was packed, and much to my surprise, they had actually started taking reservations.  I've always been there when it was "first come, first served".  Since we didn't have a reservation, the hostess wasn't exactly sure just how fast she could sit the five of us.  I even spied her checking on tables to see if they were going to order dessert, more drinks, etc.  After her fact-checking expedition, she told us it would be anywhere from 30-45 minutes.  Ah, well...  Both Mike and Jay were hungry(!), so we headed back over to Steve's neighborhood to have dinner at Room Service - which is actually a pretty decent, and well-priced Thai restaurant.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #235 on: November 02, 2007, 11:06:41 PM »

Sidebar:

Steve's apartment is just six blocks north of the Meatpacking District.  A very easy walk, especially since it's the short blocks.  Well, Maria, Jay's girlfriend, had only brought her "nice" shoes, so she wasn't up for walking more than a block.  We ended up hailing a cab to take us there.  And back.  I don't think I've ever seen a fare below $5.00 until earlier tonight.  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #236 on: November 02, 2007, 11:14:49 PM »

Dinner at Room Service was quite good.  And lots of fun.  And sort of "embarrassing".  ;)  I'll spare you all the details, but sometimes there are just things that I don't think siblings - especially brothers - need to know about each other.  I'm not talking about keeping secrets, I'm just saying that some personal information should stay with the person.  Steve just started asking questions and issuing forth innuendo after innuendo.  It was just such an interesting mix of givens:

Five people out to dinner.
Four men.
One women.
-Three of the men are brothers.
-One of them is gay.
-Two of them men also happened to go to the Coast Guard academy.
In Chelsea (a.k.a. The Gayborhood).

...And then once you add in some signature cocktails from their bar listing, well...

:)

I had a wonderful time tonight.  The food was great.  The drinks were great.  And the company was wonderful.

*And, yes, there were pictures taken.  And once I get them transferred from my camera, I shall post a couple of them.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #237 on: November 02, 2007, 11:17:01 PM »

And since I'm tired and sleepy right now, I believe I shall head to bed.  -Thankfully, I don't have to be at rehearsal until 1:00 tomorrow/today.  However, I do have to get the gym tomorrow morning - especially after tonight's dinner.  -Which Steve picked up the tab for (for all five of us!).  :)

So...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: November 02, 2007, 11:34:20 PM »

STILL on page eight?  How nauseating.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #239 on: November 02, 2007, 11:35:14 PM »

I got a nice little package o' stuff from MBarnum and just watched The Cat Burglar.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up