Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: QUIETUDE  (Read 23210 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:QUIETUDE
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2007, 07:20:39 AM »

If I was a parent, I would be very, very wary of the Children's toy aisle
Time to give the brats books!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2007, 07:22:01 AM »

Just for clarity, esteemed BK, shrimp and crab are crustaceans, not fish.

(Picky, picky, picky.  Which can be the only way to get to that crab meat.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2007, 07:22:56 AM »

And the word of the day is: PANGRAM!
Spelled backwards, this is MARGNAP.

Twenty letters to go.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2007, 07:26:05 AM »

The challenge goes far beyond "toys" - think of all the stuff around the home that kids could stick in their mouths (or chew on) - wooden coasters, jewelery boxes, christmas decorations, holiday napkin rings...(and lets not forget all the wonderful "retro" christmas decorations and kids toys from the 50's - Grandpas sled is probably toxic - not to mention his cute little red wagon!

der Brucer

And der Grampa does have a cute little red wagon!   ;D

td

• td
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2007, 07:29:01 AM »

Today is my friend Roseanna Irwin's birthday.  She was named after the Frank Loesser song and is a vocal coach at Carnegie Mellon University as well as a guiding force of the CLO Mini Stars.
I am cooking an eye of round, with cole slaw, baked potatoes and asparagus, so I must be off to the showers and the grocery stores.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2007, 07:32:41 AM »

...In retrospect, the whole Reservation concept was a badly conceived and wretchedly executed new-world effort at peace making. The traditional kill and conquer model works better in the long run. When aboriginal peoples are confronted with overpowering invaders, they are ultimately best served by forced integration.

der Brucer (Great White Hunter)
Rough translation: When the invaders from Planet X finally arrive, our best hope is to say "Hey there, tall, green and handsome, why don't'cha come up and show me what'cha got!"

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2007, 07:35:25 AM »

...Today is "pledge" Sunday, which means time to commit how much money you're going to contribute to the church budget for the next year.  We'll pulling out all the stops, musically - everything we can do to tug at the ole' heart strings.  And that includes cute, mugging children.   :P
And not mugging cute children?  Surely they've got plenty of money to contribute!

:o

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2007, 07:36:53 AM »

When I have a moment, perhaps I'll detail the particulars of next week's dreaded "Puritan" Thanksgiving worship service.  In which I play an integral role.  Reluctantly.  And in costume.
A Puritan?

An Indian?

The Turkey?

A Cranberry?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2007, 07:39:12 AM »

Good morning, all! Tomorrow morning at this time I shall be in LaGuardia awaiting the flight to Ohio, friends, family, and foe.  I have not looked forward so little to the flight since the one in February when my dad died.  

...I wish there were a commercial anti-venom for Lady M.  Or a silver bullet...
Wear garlic.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2007, 07:43:01 AM »

End of frenzy.

Ginny

« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2007, 07:44:30 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  It's a gloomy, drizzly day here in SW Ohio and DH Richard is under the weather.  Fortunately he has a doctor's appointment already scheduled for tomorrow.  I may try to get one, too, for a flu shot and the headache I've had since the middle of last week.

DR Ginny, didn't you have a date picked next week for us to do something?

Well, DR Elmore, assuming everybody feels OK, we're planning a birthday dinner for DH Richard at Montgomery Inn on Tuesday, if you'd care to join us.  Otherwise, this is a crazy week for me - how 'bout Friday or Saturday evenings or anytime on Sunday?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2007, 07:48:33 AM »

Noel, how's your hand doing?  I've been a little worried.

Nope, he's left again.  Hope things are healing well.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 08:07:17 AM by S. Woody White »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2007, 08:14:28 AM »

Well, time for me to head into midtown...  See you in a bit DR FJL - I'll call when I'm closer.

Otherwise, I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday - and if you happen to be watching the Steelers vs. Browns game today on TV, keep an eye out for DR Danise!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2007, 08:16:17 AM »

Jose - Don't forget, it's a 1:00 show.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2007, 08:17:35 AM »

Jose - Don't forget, it's a 1:00 show.

I haven't.  See you soon-ish.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2007, 08:20:35 AM »

And it's off to work I head.  Short day, though.

Danise

« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2007, 08:26:03 AM »

Hi gang!

I'm sorry DR Jose, I'll be at my sister in laws house watching the game on the TV but I will have my terrible towel (?) with me.  

What could be so terrible about a towel, I don't know.  ???  I'm promised I will be let in on the mystery when we watch the game.  
Pray for Rosemarys baby--I don't know a thing about football except that the TampaBay Bucs always lose!

DR Elmore, I know how you feel.  I was dreading going the the graves because I was afraid of what I would find.  I thought I was going to have get really nasty and I don't like doing that.  I hope your trip turns out to be a nice suprise for you as mine was.    Make that IS not was.  It's not over yet!   :)

Now I'm a bit sorry I couldn't spend a day or two more but like my friend Jerry said sometimes the short vists are the sweetest.  That was when I went on the train to see him and his wife, Liz,  from NYC for only a few hours before I had to go back.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 08:38:47 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2007, 08:27:10 AM »

And the word of the day is: PANGRAM!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  A, YOU'RE ADORABLE

Danise

« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2007, 08:27:19 AM »

DR Ginny, I hope DH Richard gets on top of the weather very soon.  And you take care of yourself as well!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2007, 08:29:42 AM »

Last night, DR td posted:I must admit, I am mystified!  :P   But I suppose all will be revealed in due time.   :)

DR Singdaw, Remember what you asked me to do?   ;D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2007, 08:36:39 AM »

Noel, how's your hand doing?  I've been a little worried.

Nope, he's left again.  Hope things are healing well.

Me too!  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2007, 08:44:14 AM »

Most Famous PANGRAM and Shortest

THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG

The Longest Title of any Song(Hoagy Carmichael,I believe)

I'M A CRAZY OLD YANK IN A CRAZY OLD TANK ON THE STREETS OF YOKOHAMA WITH MY HONOLULU MAMA DOIN' THOSE BEAT-O,BEAT-O FLAT-ON-MY-SEAT-O, HIROHITO BLUES.

Very Appropriate for Veteran's Day,eh what?

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2007, 09:00:38 AM »

Re: TORCHWOOD I'm not exactly how i worded what i wrote about John Barrowman  not being featured in your last week's episode.

What i meant though was that he (john Barrowman) has been in almost every second of all the episodes i've seen (i think we are up to number 5 or 6).

So I found it different that in later episodes he's not featured almost at all. It will certainly be a huge change from the shows i've seen.

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2007, 09:01:15 AM »

I also loved loved loved this week's GHOST WHISPERER.  I was extremely interested in every second. Very good episode!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2007, 10:05:07 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  It's a gloomy, drizzly day here in SW Ohio and DH Richard is under the weather.  Fortunately he has a doctor's appointment already scheduled for tomorrow.  I may try to get one, too, for a flu shot and the headache I've had since the middle of last week.Well, DR Elmore, assuming everybody feels OK, we're planning a birthday dinner for DH Richard at Montgomery Inn on Tuesday, if you'd care to join us.  Otherwise, this is a crazy week for me - how 'bout Friday or Saturday evenings or anytime on Sunday?

Sunday is definitely out, but I'll see how things are looking before I commit to anything.  I understand that Macbeth is already throwing nails and broken glass onto the road; I don't know if it's because he's being contrary for a reason or trying to assure I screw up so he can pull an "I told you I should have been the executor and done it right" attitude.  I suspect the second is much more Lady M's modus operandi.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2007, 10:13:52 AM »

DR Dakotacelt, the Salma and Sabine song was fun!

Ginny

« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2007, 10:18:24 AM »

DR Elmore - We realize this isn't a pleasure trip for you, so will understand if socializing doesn't materialize.  Unfortunately, this is a week when I have to work Wednesday evening (to throw an "event" at the library) and all day Saturday.  Another possibility might be early coffee on Wednesday...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2007, 10:21:31 AM »

DR Elmore - We realize this isn't a pleasure trip for you, so will understand if socializing doesn't materialize.  Unfortunately, this is a week when I have to work Wednesday evening (to throw an "event" at the library) and all day Saturday.  Another possibility might be early coffee on Wednesday...

We've done that before.  I haven't even heard from the attorney on when he even wants to take care of this transaction.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2007, 10:52:04 AM »

DR Laura, as usual-lovely photos.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2007, 10:56:58 AM »

Jane, you really do need to read some Norman Mailer to help you grasp the conspiracies around us.

der Brucer.

;D  Maybe that is why I haven't read his books.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up