Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SEVEN YEAR ITCH  (Read 27933 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE SEVEN YEAR ITCH
« on: November 14, 2007, 01:13:10 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were celebratory, and now it is time for you to post until the seven year cows come home.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 12:13:47 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE SEVEN YEAR ITCH
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 01:14:06 AM »

And the word of the day is: FLANEUR!

singdaw

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 01:21:15 AM »

Wonderful compilation of articles and recipes for Thanksgiving from The New York Times  HERE.

singdaw

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 01:38:46 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HHW!!![/size][/color]

And a great big THANK YOU[/color] to our gracious host, who makes it all happen!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 01:43:08 AM »

I found HHW by following a link posted by bk on "All That Chat" regarding the annual Oscar bash.  I already knew of bk through his many albums and columns at Sondheim.com.  And I discovered this community of the most wonderful, amazing folks.  And I am very grateful that I did.

singdaw

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 02:36:10 AM »

May Wednesday be bk's good news day.

And DR JRand57's, too!

Kerry

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 02:52:20 AM »

Belatedly (Happy Anniversary, my sweet!)
I like boat races.

singdaw

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 04:20:37 AM »

singdaw

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 04:23:11 AM »

He nose it!

singdaw

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 04:25:16 AM »

He just can't hold a candle...

singdaw

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 04:26:07 AM »

Beware the box people!

singdaw

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 04:31:48 AM »

THIS IS ONLY A TEST.

Ben

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 04:47:13 AM »

Good Morning TCB. Seems as if we are the only folks here at the moment.

Ben

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 04:48:02 AM »

Congratulations to Bruce on 6 years of notes and posts and giving us a place to make new friends (but keep the old).

Ben

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 04:50:20 AM »

I must return to my computer. While I have popped in and out over the past few days I haven't posted much. I have little projects that must be finished before I leave for a month (November 29th is my last day of work for 2007) so I'm somewhat pressed for posting time. We are also about to launch the redesign of our new database and I've been involved in the testing of said device. Testing new databases can be fun but also quite frustrating. That is all I will say.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 04:57:46 AM »

Good morning, DR Ben.  I was catching up on last night's posts.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ben

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 05:01:31 AM »

On November 30th I (we, Anthony and me) begin my annual volunteering with Broadway Cares, making the Stephen J. Falat Holiday Gift Baskets. We make approximately 3000 gift bags for people with AIDS which are delivered to various AIDS Service Organizations in New York City. If any of you New Yorkers are free from Friday November 30th through Friday December 14th and would like to help us we would love to have you. You don't need to commit to the entire time. An hour here or there helps enormously.

We especially need people on Friday, November 30 because that's the day the boxes are delivered. During the year money is raised and purchases of things like sweaters, gloves, hats, scarves and socks are made (unfortunately we don't get this stuff donated, we have to buy it but we get it at wholesale). They are delivered the Friday before we begin to fill the bags. This year it's November 30th. The more bodies we have at Actors' Equity on 46th Street the faster the trucks get unloaded. You will meet some wonderful people and have a good time doing good work, so come out and help us.

If you're interested you can either PM me here for more information or just show up on Friday, November 30th at the Actors' Equity Lounge on the 2nd Floor. It's at 165 West 46th Street. You need to show ID to enter the building. If you're an actor with an Equity card, just show that and go up to the second floor. If you don't have an Equity card just show ID at the front desk and go up to the Lounge. You don't need to belong to Equity to help us. Just tell the person at the desk that you are there to help with the gift bags and go around the corner to the back of the lounge. We will be there working like little elves.

After the Friday marathon we work on Monday through Friday from about 10am-4pm (depending on how much needs to be done each day) from Dec. 3-7 and Dec. 10-14.

Here is an article from the on-line Equity newsletter about last year's Basket Project.

Stephen J. Falat Basket Project

I will now return you to your regular programming.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 05:03:16 AM by Ben »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 05:07:18 AM »

Congratulations to BK for Six Incredible Years of HHW!
[/color][/size][/b]

And thank you for providing us with such a wonderful place to gather.

I first found HHW while searching for a way of contacting Jerry Herman, for my DF Sharry.  I never found an address for Mr. Herman, but I found a wonderful group of friends, who I often tend to think of as family.  
“One thing’s universal,

Ben

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 05:16:47 AM »

My obsession with radio and show music all came together in 2002 when I was searching for Internet radio stations playing show music. I found the archived material at the Site That Must Not Be Named. I listened to all of Donald's old shows then searched his name and found this here site! What a gold mine. Not only do I get Donald's radio show but I get a group of people full of love and kindness and kind of quirky to boot  ;)

That's how I found my way to Haines His Way.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 05:17:20 AM »

And the word of the day is: FLANEUR!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  LET'S TAKE AN OLD FASHIONED WALK

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 05:17:22 AM »

I often find myself at a loss to describe my relationship to the people I have gotten to know here at HHW.  I have met several of the Hainses and Kimlets in person, including BK; but I feel such a strong bond of love and friendship with so many others at this site, even though I have yet to meet them face to face.

Does one person have to meet another person face to face in order to consider them a friend; or can the bond of friendship be forged over an internet cable, a monitor, and a keyboard?

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 05:18:17 AM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 05:20:34 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  I'm working the late shift today because tonight is our annual "Meet the Grantmaker" panel.  It was nice to sleep in a bit and relax here at home before beginning my busy day with a noon meeting at the Miami Valley Communications Council.

Happiest of Anniversaries to HHW!  DR Elmore invited me into BK's living room in the fall of 2004 - hope I have the chance to thank him in person this week.  Thanks to BK for the hospitality!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 05:20:47 AM »

He just can't hold a candle...

Phone number, DR slingblade?
“One thing’s universal,

singdaw

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2007, 05:23:08 AM »

Phone number, DR slingblade?

;D

This still is from the new production of Cymbeline, so you'd have to ask DRs Ben or elmore3003.

singdaw

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 05:24:14 AM »

and kind of quirky to boot

I can't think of anyone at HHW that's "quirky"...    ::)

Ginny

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 05:24:18 AM »

DR Ben - thanks for the info about the BC/EFA project and your upcoming volunteer work with them.  Very worthwhile - I admire your commitment!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2007, 05:26:11 AM »

I'm sorry I can't help with that project in person, DR Ben.  I know it's a worthy cause, and I'm sure it's great people and great fun.

Ben

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2007, 05:35:29 AM »

The man in Cymbeline has muscles to spare! He's a British actor and does quite a good job as the villain of the piece. Unfortunately I have no contact numbers. The membership department of British Actors' Equity would not give me that information  ;)

Ben

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2007, 05:38:09 AM »

Although I think the Internet has contributed, in some ways, to the dissolution of civility in society as a whole I do think there are exceptions and this is one of them. I think, TCB, that friendship is as important in the virtual world as in the real world. Though I have not met you face to face, we are friends in my book!

Ginny

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2007, 05:49:57 AM »

Does one person have to meet another person face to face in order to consider them a friend; or can the bond of friendship be forged over an internet cable, a monitor, and a keyboard?

DR TCB - your question reminds me of the stories you hear from times past about pen pals who corresponded for years before meeting.  I think the electronic friendships that flourish here are the 21st century equivalents.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 05:50:43 AM by Ginny »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up