Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE POINT OF THE IDLE CHATTER  (Read 23173 times)

Miss Karen

Re:THE POINT OF THE IDLE CHATTER
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2007, 06:47:00 AM »

Help!
Here Comes the Sun

singdaw

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2007, 06:49:12 AM »

Hi, there DR Miss Karen!  I also have had some trouble logging in the past two days.  I've found that using the form at the very bottom, instead of clicking the "Login" button, seems to work better for me right now, for some reason.

singdaw

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2007, 06:49:43 AM »

TOD:

Sorry, I don't know from the Beatles.  Another gap in my education.

FJL

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2007, 06:52:45 AM »

I'm also confused by the idea of agreeing to negotiate several days from that point, rather than getting to the negotiating table immediately.  I think something similar happened with the stagehand strike - didn't they decide on Wednesday that they would resume talks on Saturday (today)?  Why not get to the table right away, or at least the next day?  There must be some strategic reason for this.

Playbill article from Wednesday (three days ago) announcing talks to resume Saturday (today):

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/112792.html
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 06:55:34 AM by FJL »

singdaw

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2007, 06:54:05 AM »

Off to the wilds of New Jersey for the day-

Smooches, kids!   :)

Miss Karen

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2007, 06:55:13 AM »

Miss Karen has be hard at work redesigning our HHW Godly attire:

Copyright David Rothwell

der Brucer

Wait 'til you see the one I've got for DR Jason... (by the way, doesn't the Enabler make a great model?  All those work out sessions are paying off, not to mention, cutting back on the Levains and Monkey Cake) ...

Miss Karen

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2007, 07:00:28 AM »

Hi, there DR Miss Karen!  I also have had some trouble logging in the past two days.  I've found that using the form at the very bottom, instead of clicking the "Login" button, seems to work better for me right now, for some reason.

Ah-hah, so der Brucer has been doing his right wing thing (oooh, that sounds like a euphemism)! Thanks DR SingSing, I will log off, try again, and see if that does the trick.  

Miss Karen

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2007, 07:06:00 AM »

Well, spoo -- that didn't do the trick. It's still saying my old password is incorrect. I'm taking it to the top:

BK -- Help! (Beatles reference) The HHW site gremlin is messing with my password. I want my old password back. It takes like 1/2 day to type in the new one the site sent me.

Miss Karen

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2007, 07:10:15 AM »

Well, rats! I wasted my mini-frenzy on my password issues (mainly spending all my time typing in my new password...), so now I have to get back to work on study packet.  Laters, as my buff toga model would say ...

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2007, 07:42:31 AM »

Good morning!

Cold and beautifully clear. Warming to 60 today and 63 tomorrow but freezing nights, so it's great to snuggle under the covers in a little cocoon of warmth and sleep, sleep, sleep. I just wish the sleep would last longer than 7 hours.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2007, 07:44:24 AM »

DR Miss Karen, can't you change your password yourself? Manually? I can't believe it will make you stick with some ridiculous combination of stuff.

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2007, 07:47:46 AM »

The thing I like about GHOST WHISPERER is the way the writers change up the tone of the episodes. Some ghosts have been miserable, sad, lost. But others (I remember a baseball player from last season) are highly belligerent and thus the show takes on a much more grisly and hostile tone.

I'm sure the actoirs prefer it that way, too, as they aren't forced into repeating the same emotions week after week.

I did NOT like Camryn Mannheim's rather unnecessary chiding of Melinda and her visions. I was glad the writers gave her a comeback to her later in the episode. (Actually, I wouldn't mind at all if Camryn got written off the show. Other than holding down the fort when Melinda's off on an adventure, I don't think she brings much to the program.)

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2007, 07:49:53 AM »

Today I should finally get to Tuesday night's SVU episode which I'll watch today while cooking and eating lunch. It's the last of this week's TV episodes that I had recorded but not watched yet.

And, of course, tonight offers a new episode of TORCHWOOD! Can't wait!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2007, 07:52:02 AM »

IN NO HURRY TO WORK FOR A LIVING

LA TIMESHey, no rush. We'll all just fritter away the eight days we have already agreed we could be talking!

der Brucer

Think of it as an extended Thanksgiving.

They'll get together again when they run out of leftovers.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2007, 07:52:17 AM »

Before I watch TORCHWOOD, I'll be watching BAD SANTA on Blu-ray this evening. I've never seen the movie (it came out a couple of years ago), so it will be a new experience.

The Blu-ray offers two different versions: the unrated version runs 98 minutes and the director's cut runs 88 minutes. (Shades of Blake Edwards' DARLING LILI having a shorter running time in the director's cut.)

And I'll have to watch the extras, too, which are present. I probably won't get it all watched tonight.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2007, 07:53:36 AM »

The new shirt I have to wear when I'm working the self-scan registers is a brighter red than their red shirts.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2007, 07:55:01 AM »

Copyright David Rothwell

der Brucer
No.  No way.  I refuse to shave my chest.

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2007, 07:56:50 AM »

My favorite Beatles' song of all time is "Yesterday." Nothing else comes close. I appreciate lots of their other (early) songs: "Ticket to Ride," "She Loves You," "Hard Day's Night," "And I Love Her," "Do You Want to Know a Secret?" and, from their later period, "Let It Be."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2007, 07:56:52 AM »

Prints just came back from yesterday's gathering:

der Brucer
So now, along with pantaloons and pointy hats, we're supposed to be wearing pointy/curly shoes?

Dang, it's hard keeping up with the dress code around here!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 07:57:29 AM by S. Woody White »

Matt H.

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2007, 07:57:52 AM »

No.  No way.  I refuse to shave my chest.

Good for you! NO MAN SHOULD EVER VOLUNTARILY SHAVE HIS CHEST!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2007, 08:06:08 AM »

When I was in 6th grade, we had a Beatles single (can't remember which one, but probably something from Sgt. Pepper's.) We played this single at least a dozen times and would always go on to play another single. One day we weren't near the record player when it finished and it eventually got to a weird hidden track. I can't really describe the feeling we had when we heard it---in the language of the times, it "freaked us out"! It was the combination of the strangeness of the music, wich was unlike anything we'd ever heard, and the fact that we had already played this record so many time without hearing this. It was one of those moments my brother and I have never forgotten.
As der Brucer noted, there were no singles released from the Sgt. Pepper album.  Sure, individual tracks were played on the radio, but that was up to the stations.

HOWEVER... There was indeed a hidden track at the end of the Sgt. Pepper album.  It's commemorated on the CD as an additional track... I'm pretty sure it's hidden, as well.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2007, 08:12:11 AM »

I hate this computer of Jo's! I had written a post and the computer, just as it died with an earlier email, screwed up the transmission and lost it.

I'm off to the library to do some work.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2007, 08:14:35 AM »

OK, I think it was the PENNY LANE/STRABERRY FIELDS FOREVER single, from MMT.
This makes more sense.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2007, 08:15:16 AM »

Elmore:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2007, 08:17:29 AM »

It's a right wing conspiracy, I tell ya!...
Calling everything a right wing conspiracy is a left wing conspiracy.

At least it keeps everything in balance.

Matt H.

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2007, 08:20:34 AM »

I guess I'll head down now and tidy up a few things, check the mail, and then begin preparing lunch.

WBBL.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2007, 08:23:13 AM »

My mother didn't allow any Beatles music in the house.  She loathed rock.  She even thought Petula Clark was despicable.

(The net result was that my sister listened to folk music, which was politically more left wing than rock ever was, and I listened to show music... and we all know what that led to!)

As a result, I never really got on the Beatles bandwagon.  I could hear it on the radio, but it never became a major part of my life.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2007, 08:28:50 AM »

So now, along with pantaloons and pointy hats, we're supposed to be wearing pointy/curly shoes?

Pointy, curly shoes and pointy, curly hair!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2007, 08:37:19 AM »

Copyright David Rothwell

der Brucer

;D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2007, 08:39:13 AM »