Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BUTTERSCOTCH FILES  (Read 27217 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE BUTTERSCOTCH FILES
« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2007, 01:14:20 PM »

Very warm today and so very beautiful outside. I walked around a little bit after lunch.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2007, 01:18:51 PM »

No, but I have a ticket to see it tomorrow at 1:00!

The VARIETY critic gave it a rave.

Matt H.

« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2007, 01:19:43 PM »

Page Six Hermione, Harry, and Ron Dance!!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2007, 01:22:07 PM »

The PRIATES OF THE CARIBBEAN DVD never showed up so I filled the afternoon with TV programming.

First, I watched last night's CSI: MIAMI. The show has been running six years now, and Calleigh is the one CSI who's never been involved in any kind of scandal or problem resulted in an I.A.B. investigation. Until last night. Good episode. And I really enjoyed seeing that frosty exterior really do a meltdown when she was insulted by Stetler, the I.A.B. guy who loves to make everyone's life miserable.

Matt H.

« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2007, 01:23:24 PM »

Next, I watched Sunday night's DEXTER. Wow! Dexter is really being backed into a corner in several ways. Can't believe how tension-filled and involving this series is. One of the best on TV.

Matt H.

« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2007, 01:24:20 PM »

Next, I scanned through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. The gay characters and Luke's parents were all on, so I ended up watching a good bit of the show. Not sure about tomorrow. The boys weren't in the previews but the parents were, so who knows?

Matt H.

« Reply #156 on: November 20, 2007, 01:25:45 PM »

I finshed up by revisitingan episode of BONES from the second season set. This was the one with a Romeo and Juliet motif. A young well to do kid was found dead and the finger of guilt falls on his girl friend who was a troubled foster child. Since Brennen was a foster child herself, she identifies with the girl who's being hunted.

singdaw

« Reply #157 on: November 20, 2007, 01:26:23 PM »

bk, glad the news was good, and that we can dispense with any further FUNDING vibes!   :P

Matt H.

« Reply #158 on: November 20, 2007, 01:27:27 PM »

One of my DVD players has been having trouble the last couple of days, stuttering when playing discs. (It wouldn't even load the POWER RANGERS disc yesterday, not that I blamed it!)

Anyway, I put in the CD-laser cleaning disc, let it do its thing for a couple of minutes, and voila! problem gone!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #159 on: November 20, 2007, 01:35:32 PM »

One of my DVD players has been having trouble the last couple of days, stuttering when playing discs. (It wouldn't even load the POWER RANGERS disc yesterday, not that I blamed it!)

Anyway, I put in the CD-laser cleaning disc, let it do its thing for a couple of minutes, and voila! problem gone!

Given the mileage you put on your DVD players, I'm betting there's a ton of static electricity that builds up over time.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #160 on: November 20, 2007, 01:37:41 PM »

The PRIATES OF THE CARIBBEAN DVD never showed up so I filled the afternoon with TV programming.

Does this mean you won't be participating in that live internet thingie tonight?

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #161 on: November 20, 2007, 01:38:50 PM »

While its makers would like everyone to think The Princess Bride was a huge commercial success, as the gross clearly tells, it wasn't.  I don't know what the budget was, but I'd assume around the same as what it grossed.  I don't think it did wonderfully overseas, so given its cost vs. gross, I'd say that theatrically it was a loser and not an insignificant one.  However, it's probably done well on video, cable, and TV - hard to know if it ever made money, but I'm sure it at least came close to breaking even.  Critically I think it was well thought of.

The IMDb lists its production cost at $16,000,000 (estimated).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 01:40:59 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Tomovoz

« Reply #162 on: November 20, 2007, 01:41:38 PM »

I don't remember "The Princess Bride" having a theatre release here.
It was a "Video" hit!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #163 on: November 20, 2007, 01:58:35 PM »

Does this mean you won't be participating in that live internet thingie tonight?

No, I'll still participate. They're going to show some bonus features from the set before opening the conference to questions, and I already have some questions. Those bonus featurettes may give me other ones.

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: November 20, 2007, 01:59:51 PM »

Now, I'm heading back down to clean the living room. I didn't get to it this morning. Then, back for some additional viewing before I have to get back on-line.

WBBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2007, 02:00:26 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Back from the gym.  Alas, I'm still not off to a fitting.  But give me time.  Give me time.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2007, 02:04:04 PM »

And I'm glad I took advantage of the gym/spa on board the Disney Wonder during my cruise.*  It was set up on the top deck at the fore, so as you run on your treadmills, you're basically running with the boat.  Quite an inspiring view.  And the weight equipment was pretty decent too.  And that Rain Forest Sauna.... Aaaahhh... :)

*The "deal" I made with myself was that the only way I would be able to eat a dessert - or two - with my dinner was to get up each morning and do some sort of workout.  I kept that deal!  ...And that Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Soft-Serve(!) Ice Cream was sooooo worth the extra time up in the workout room.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #167 on: November 20, 2007, 02:04:45 PM »

Hmm... And now to see just how I can make it down to DC and/or Richmond tomorrow or on Thanksgiving Day.  So far, everything is coming up as "Sold Out".  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2007, 02:09:28 PM »

Yes---there is Peter Cook. I forgot!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2007, 02:13:19 PM »

DR elmore - Which theatre will you be seeing "Enchanted" at tomorrow?  And how early should we? get there to get in line?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2007, 02:14:11 PM »

News came, it was good, and now the final funding check is in the bank.

Well, as I am apt to say from time to time...  WHEW!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2007, 02:18:17 PM »

Did anyone remember to pick up this new release yesterday of LOVE, AMERICAN STYLE? I plum forgot that it came out this week...there was not much fanfare.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2007, 02:19:59 PM »

Next, I scanned through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. The gay characters and Luke's parents were all on, so I ended up watching a good bit of the show. Not sure about tomorrow. The boys weren't in the previews but the parents were, so who knows?

I suspect the insane father will break out of the prison and take one or both of them hostage after some stalking.  Isn't this more Halloween than Christmas?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2007, 02:22:21 PM »

DR elmore - Which theatre will you be seeing "Enchanted" at tomorrow?  And how early should we? get there to get in line?  ;)

DR Jose, the AMC Loew's at 68th and Broadway; the film's at 1:05.  I thought I'd get there around 12:30.  I ordered my ticket on Fandango.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2007, 02:25:59 PM »

DR Jose, the AMC Loew's at 68th and Broadway; the film's at 1:05.  I thought I'd get there around 12:30.  I ordered my ticket on Fandango.

Well, since I just booked my bus ticket for 8:30am, Thanksgiving Day morning to DC... :)  -Would you like a seatmate?
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #175 on: November 20, 2007, 02:29:58 PM »

Did anyone remember to pick up this new release yesterday of LOVE, AMERICAN STYLE? I plum forgot that it came out this week...there was not much fanfare.

I'd forgotten about this, too!  Thanks for the reminder.  This will be another Christmas gift for my sister (we both loved this show, when it was on). :) I also got her another nostalgia DVD...Voyagers with the late Jon-Erik (Hunky) Hexum.

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #176 on: November 20, 2007, 02:54:21 PM »

You could make it a double feature...I believe OM SHANTI OM is playing there as well.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: November 20, 2007, 02:57:33 PM »

Well, since I just booked my bus ticket for 8:30am, Thanksgiving Day morning to DC... :)  -Would you like a seatmate?

Of course! I should have called you before I got the ticket.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: November 20, 2007, 02:58:14 PM »

You could make it a double feature...I believe OM SHANTI OM is playing there as well.

Only in my worst nightmares!

Danise

« Reply #179 on: November 20, 2007, 03:12:40 PM »

Hi all!  Just wanted to let you know that the doctor said that everything is going well.   I still get very, very tired but since I won't go back to work until December 3rd, I have time to get over this.

"Jon-Erik (Hunky) Hexum"  I remember when he passed.  What a shame and such a waste.

I don't know which John Wayne movie it was but I remember there was a scene when his brat daughter tells him to shoot her boyfriend, which he calmly does.  When the girls starts screeming, "You shot him! Your really shot him!" or some such, John tells her that if he dies it would be a first since he used the gun they used to start the 4th of July race and it only fired blanks.

I know putting a gun to your head (even one filled with blanks)would be a bit of a different thing but that was the first thing that jumped in my head when I heard how he had died.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up