Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE POST-THANKSGIVING THANKSGIVING  (Read 26121 times)

FJL

Re:THE POST-THANKSGIVING THANKSGIVING
« Reply #300 on: November 23, 2007, 09:15:51 PM »

And one for Marsden

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #301 on: November 23, 2007, 09:54:02 PM »

bk is back---perhaps stuffed like a turkey?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #302 on: November 23, 2007, 09:57:11 PM »

ENCHANTED ENDING SPOILERS

"ENCHANTED" SPOILER

Cilla - Sorry if I misspoke (or mistyped) yesterday.  I think the movie IS saying there's a happily- ever-after that is possible, but the wrap-up of the movie's plot for both couples suggested to me that the happily-ever-after in our real world (at least for the main characters) is only possible with the intervention of people from the fairy tale world.  Patrick Dempsey's character (a real human being) could only find true love with the lady from the fairy tale world,  and Idina Menzel's character (a real human being) could only find true love with a character from the fairy tale world.  In that aspect, the movie seemed (to me) to carry with its ending a hopelessness in terms of potential for romance among people in our real world, that a person living in the real world would never find his or her true love right here in their own world.  In the movie's world, there is a happily-ever-after, but it requires that you find that true love with a character that can't possibly exist, and I felt this was compounded by the same thing happening to Idina Menzel's character.

So what about the Banks?   They were both real and left their divorce for happily ever after with each other.  
I just thought they couldn't leave Idina Menzel's character jilted and Prince Edward alone. It's Enchanted, it has to have a fairy tale ending for everyone.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #303 on: November 23, 2007, 09:58:29 PM »

Back from a splendidly splendid dinner at the Wechter's and wil now watch a Twin Peaks episode.

Cillaliz

« Reply #304 on: November 23, 2007, 10:06:52 PM »

Well so far I've found the calculation on the web of how many points I need daily for weight watchers. I'm thinking that maybe the point thing is a little too much to deal with and there seems to be a price for absolutely everything.  So, I think I'm going to do something more akin to Dr Laura's eat less diet and start working out more.  I'll try that for awhile and if it doesn't work, then I'll look into WW more.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #305 on: November 23, 2007, 10:10:58 PM »

Well so far I've found the calculation on the web of how many points I need daily for weight watchers. I'm thinking that maybe the point thing is a little too much to deal with and there seems to be a price for absolutely everything.

I've always been bad at math.  :)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #306 on: November 23, 2007, 10:12:52 PM »

Time for me to call it a day...and dream of my true love's kiss ....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #307 on: November 23, 2007, 10:52:10 PM »

Watched another episode and shall now do stuff on Ye Olde Computer, write notes, and then watch another episode.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #308 on: November 23, 2007, 10:52:26 PM »

Will we never get to page twelve?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #309 on: November 23, 2007, 11:39:59 PM »

I'm the only one in the jernt.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #310 on: November 23, 2007, 11:44:01 PM »

I am here... a bit E&T, a bit battle weary and scarred, stressed out...

was reading on some of the posts...

Belated birthday greetings to DR Jason....

Health vibes to Jane, TCB, Danise....

Vibes to bk to get the money from nymf sorted out to his satisfaction...

Great photos Jose!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 11:48:41 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #311 on: November 23, 2007, 11:44:54 PM »

Hopefully some certain idiots will think before they take action... At least one certain idiot...

and it is not aunt vulture...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #312 on: November 23, 2007, 11:45:38 PM »

Otherwise I will feel compelled to turn this idiot over to certain individuals to deal with ...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #313 on: November 23, 2007, 11:47:26 PM »

Earlier in the week you were talking about couples....

I think the only ones that are singletons in some way or another are me, cilla, bk, laura, george, PennyO. Mingmaw

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #314 on: November 23, 2007, 11:51:06 PM »

and one of the people claimss they are a fan but I am amazed by their stupidity...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #315 on: November 23, 2007, 11:51:53 PM »

I don't think I'll be at Forrest Ackerman's birthday bash - I only attended one and that was only because the late Richard Valley invited me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #316 on: November 23, 2007, 11:52:24 PM »

Spent Thanksgiving with my parents... Nice but difficult...

My dad is holding his own... It is difficult to watch him decline. It really is.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 11:52:59 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #317 on: November 23, 2007, 11:54:11 PM »

[ looks on her cd of genealogy stuff.... No Forrest Ackerman]

Ackermans are a surname I am working on....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #318 on: November 23, 2007, 11:55:41 PM »

No Kimmels either...

Mostly German, Irish, Scots Irish and a teeny tiny bit of Norsk

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #319 on: November 23, 2007, 11:56:38 PM »

I am off to nurse some wounds... I shall survive....
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up