Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: OPEN SESAME  (Read 21080 times)

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
Re:OPEN SESAME
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2004, 09:14:32 PM »

Ali McGraw never won an Academy Award!

I feel absolutely horrible for saying she did.  Mea culpa.  She was nominated, though, which is still not exactly a bright spot on the Academy's history.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

td

• td
« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2004, 09:15:10 PM »

Those who got Joan Rivers, promptly lost her.  
Anyone remember RABBIT TEST? ? ?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2004, 09:17:21 PM »

Didn't she say in an interview recently that she hated the red hair and was going back to her natural color?

I didn't know about that...I actually like the color, but it looks like she has some funny looking hair piece just hanging under the back of her head, not weaved throughout her hair to make it look natural.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2004, 09:18:10 PM »

And while we're on the subject, I shall post my favorite picutre of
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]NICOLE KIDMAN[/move]

Green is definately her color!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2004, 09:19:42 PM »

...And most of the men look like they haven't bathed or washed their hair in weeks.
Now we know why you haven't invested in smell-o-vision.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2004, 09:25:30 PM »

I don't care what Meryl wears. She's never been about style, and I adored her parting shot at the president's State of the Union speech. No big deal, she said it and left the stage. Love her.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2004, 09:29:42 PM »

Was that MADONNA?  With the hair that looked like she was some She Monster from a fifties sci-fi movie?

MBarnum

« Reply #157 on: January 25, 2004, 09:31:58 PM »

Johnny Depp and Al Pacino are scaring me!

I am setting my timer to tape THE OFFICE. I had never heard of it until tonight. The clip they showed was hilarious!

I thought Sarah Jessica Parker's and Renee Zellweger's dresses were cute and Queen Latifa is really a very good looking woman!

Also, there are either a lot of very tall actresses, or a lot of very short actors!

OH, and Jane Fonda's son...wow! Hotcha!

George

« Reply #158 on: January 25, 2004, 09:33:46 PM »

I must be off for a while.  I forgot that I have to bring something for a bake sale tomorrow. ::) I'm going to try Jane's Old-fashioned Sour Cream Cookies but I don't have eggs or sour cream.  I'm taping the Golden Globes so I'll be able to watch the rest of them (if I really want to).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

td

• td
« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2004, 09:34:42 PM »

Was that MADONNA?  With the hair that looked like she was some She Monster from a fifties sci-fi movie?

Madonna was not present tonight,  she was probably penning another children's book at the family manse.

td

• td
« Reply #160 on: January 25, 2004, 09:35:35 PM »

OH, and Jane Fonda's son...wow! Hotcha!

Oh, yeah!  did you see his movie, Mbarnum?

MBarnum

« Reply #161 on: January 25, 2004, 09:36:21 PM »

I didn't catch who that was. It was a very interesting hair style...don't know if I liked it or not...it was just...unusual!

I was shocked at Jennifer Lopez. I can't stand her, but she really looked fairly nice and subtle tonight. Peach was a nice color choice for her.

Kristin Davis is such a little cutie. I loved her when she was on Melrose Place.

td

• td
« Reply #162 on: January 25, 2004, 09:38:16 PM »

Not Madonna, but Gwen Stefani, lead singer of No Doubt and currently playing Jean Harlow in THE AVIATOR, a film about Howard Hughes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2004, 09:39:58 PM »

J-Lo looked like she stepped out of the Steve Reeves Hercules movie.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2004, 09:55:31 PM »

Well, I believe I'm getting a case of cabin-fever.. ah, well...

The Golden Globes were "fun" - well, as fun as they can be.  Some of those poor winners who had to walk... and walk... and bump into other on the way.. and walk to get to the stage.  At least the dress designers got more time that way.  Even the various pieces of theme music they played seemed slow.  No major surprises for me, but I was also flipping back and forth between "Sex & the City", "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and "Trading Spaces" - so I may have missed a few surprises or two.  -I did miss Jane Fonda's son.  :( ;)

Oh, and dinner was the rest of yesterday's post roast - sooo good!  Again!  And now, Ab Fab!

And I also caught the last half of "Airline" on A&E - neat program.

Outside, there's about 4 1/2 inches of snow.. with a "nice" layer of sleet and ice building up on top of it already.. they're saying it could be about an inch of ice by morning!  I just hope we don't have the tree and power line issues we had the last time we had ice.

Time to hibernate...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #165 on: January 25, 2004, 09:59:05 PM »

Oh, and I had almost forgotten that Renee Zellwegger had been filming the second installment of Bridget Jones' Diary... It actually looked she was trying to hide from the camera at times.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #166 on: January 25, 2004, 10:22:39 PM »

The GG Awards are such Big Time here in OZ. Not even being given airtime. I did hear about one of the winners of course - the one that was bound to be newsworthy in OZ and doesn't need a fake nose.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #167 on: January 25, 2004, 10:23:57 PM »

Ann would you please knock on TCB's door and see if he is home and awake.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2004, 10:55:28 PM »

Well, like MattH (I think it was MattH), I correctly predicted all the movie categories.  Missed on a couple TV ones, but no real surprises.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2004, 11:11:58 PM »

Some random thoughts on the Golden Globes:

For incredible beauty (natural or otherwise), female category, look no further than Miss Jessica Lange...Close runners up:  Miss Ellen Burstyn and Miss Diane Lane...Confidential to Miss Tyra Banks:  you look like a drag queen...Person with whom I would least like to be stuck in an elevator:  Miss Christina Ricci...Congratulations to Mr. Al Pacino for filling the position of Most Skanky Looking Attendee, a position long held by Mr. Tom Cruise...Confidential to Miss Nicole Kidman:  Darling, it still gets cold here this time of year; you should have sprung for the rest of the dress...Confidential to Mr. Tom Cruise:  the short haircut looks sooooo much better on you.  Now lose that growth that you think resembles a beard...(No "so to speak" on that last one, Dear Readers)...Confidential to Mr. Johnny Depp:  I adore your work, but you scare me...Best Speech of the Night Award goes to:  Mr. Bill Murray...Woo-hoo, Miss Meryl Streep.  You go girl!...Confidential to Miss Jennifer Lopez:  Sweetheart, you look like you spent way too much time in the tanning booth.  And the frosted lipstick has to go, doll, OK?...Just how short is Mr. Danny DeVito and just how tall is Miss Sharon Stone?...Why would anyone even think of evoking the film A Chorus Line, much less, in the context of a lifetime achievement award?...Mr. Peter Jackson:  you prove what I've said for some time:  Slobs rule!...Someone should let the award nominees know that it's tacky to applaud for themselves when their names are announced...Congratulations to Miss Charlize Theron's prosthetic teeth and makeup for winning her an award...The two films most overlooked in the nominations:  The Station Agent and The Triplets of Belleville...Amongst the things I learned from the commercials on the Golden Globes:  the color of your teeth can determine whether you are in love...and that Chandler Bing is marrying Phoebe.  Like, eeewwww.  This will become the benchmark that replaces kissing your sister.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2004, 11:18:51 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2004, 11:13:27 PM »

Jane, where in Oregon are you?  Janet Greek!  Milord!  Small World! Janet got me my first agent and was more or less responsible for giving both me and my friend , Larry Drake, our starts in the business oout here!  What in the world is she doing and how in the world did I happen to come up in the conversation?

The thing I noticed about the Golden Globes were all the boobs on prominent display.  It made me very happy! Thank God, curves and lushness in the female form is back!  Now, BK, if we could only do something about those ST's, the world would be much safer for feminine pulchritude!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2004, 11:25:57 PM »

I don't think I like them but it could be psychological since the moment they touch my lips I begin to swell.

...............ah ............. oh, never mind.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2004, 11:28:28 PM »

Well, I got the ingredients that I needed and mixed the dough, which is now in the fridge, and will be for an hour...until 12:15 am (what else is new?).  

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2004, 11:36:40 PM »

Jay, what have you got against Christina Ricci?  She's my neighbour.  I don't see much of her, but on the few times I've caught her driving by me  when I was on a walk or something, she always offered a nice, friendly smile (maybe she just thinks I'm silly looking).  I think she's a fine actress too.

Despite the make-up and fake teeth, I thought Charlize Theron was fine in MONSTER.  And maybe the best of the pack...haven't seen all the nominees.

I also thought Jessica Lange looked fine.  And thought it a fine night for more mature women all round.  Okay, Meryl Streep looked dowdy, BK (I never found her all that alluring in her prime), but she has a sense of humour.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2004, 11:51:08 PM »

Don't we have as many members as
the Hollywood Foreign Press?

If they can get all those celebrities to show up for their party, perhaps next year we should host our own awards show?  The Golden Kritzer maybe?  I get to hand-pick who sits at my table.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #175 on: January 25, 2004, 11:55:48 PM »

News bulletin just in!:  There are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.  Sorry Saddam, we were only kidding!
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up