Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TITLE OF THE NOTES IS...  (Read 23196 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE TITLE OF THE NOTES IS...
« on: December 26, 2007, 12:53:10 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes told it like it is, man, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home, man.  They're telling it like it is, man, because Linc is their hero.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 12:10:15 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE TITLE OF THE NOTES IS...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 12:53:57 AM »

And the word of the day is: HERMITAGE!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 12:56:46 AM »

Isn't that where Herman's friends live?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 01:10:01 AM »

Well, I must get to bed...it's late.  I want to get up early so that I can deposit my Christmas money in the bank before I need to use it. ;)

Goodnight, BK and Der Brucer. 8)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 01:12:50 AM »

Will we never get to page two?  Will we never hear about Christmas meals?  Will the errant and truant sheepishly return?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 01:13:09 AM »

I gotta tell you.  Well, pray for Tums to work.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 01:32:39 AM »

The Semper Opera House and the King Johann monument look even more dramatic under threatening clouds that loom over Theater Square in Dresden.
(Matthias Rietschel / Associated Press)

Christmastime in Dresden is celebrated with a glögg (mulled wine) booth that stands in front of the Frauenkirche in Dresden. The booth is modeled on Germany's traditional Christmas pyramid. Candles are lighted, which causes the fans to rotate.
(Ralf Hirschberger / EPA)

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 01:39:35 AM »

BAD KITTY!

LA TIMES

Escaped tiger kills man at S.F. Zoo

By Charles Piller and Tim Reiterman

Animal mauls two more victims before being shot to death by police. The same tiger attacked a zookeeper last year.

der Brucer

Lawyers - start your engines! The animal who just killed two visitors had a history of attacking humans and was still at the Zoo!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 01:41:14 AM by DERBRUCER »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 01:46:24 AM »

For those contemplating the cooking of Lobster, this is worth viewing:

IT'S ALIVE

der Brucer

The dog sure has fun!

td

• td
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 03:22:30 AM »

And the song was from IT'S A BIRD, IT'S A PLANE, IT'S SUPERMAN:
"What I've Always Wanted."

Thanks DRs for the assistance!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 04:32:45 AM »

And The Song Of The Day Is :  HERNANDO'S HIDEAWAY

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 04:42:23 AM »

"Hernando's Hideaway"?  That sound like some kind of "hermitage".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 04:46:03 AM »

Today is Wednesday, December 26, 2007.

Today is the day after Christmas 2007 (you are welcome, sprungstraw!).

Today is my final "full" day in Johnston SC.  Tomorrow I must gather all my "stuff" together and hie my hiney hence to Columbia SC whereupon I shall board an aeroplane and fly my fanny further south to Atlanta.  From that point, I shall transfer my tush totally to another aerocraft and proceed to San Francisco.  My arrival is supposed to be 4:45 p.m. PST (7:45 p.m. EST).  I shall have five more days of vacation to myself before returning to work Wednesday, January 3, 2008.

Blech.

And "blech", again!

« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 04:47:05 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 04:54:00 AM »

Ron, enjoy your last full day of vacation.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 04:56:07 AM »

Ron, enjoy your last full day of vacation.

Oops (spoo), last full day of this part of your vacation.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2007, 04:56:11 AM »

Yesterday, being Christmas Day, was the day my mom and I got to go to my Aunt Doris' house for Christmas evening delights of food and family.

It wasn't bad at all.  Sadly, Butch could not be there (he is the eldest son of my aunt; he is the husband of Judi, with whom my cousin Debra was feuding BUT my cousin Debra called Judi on Christmas Eve and patched things up and urged her to join everyone here last night).  No...Butch has strepped throat (and he should know, because he's a doctor), so he, Judi (his second wife, FYI) and my first-cousin-once-removed Benjamin (5 years old) were NOT at my Aunt Doris', and my mother and I are of similar opinion that the evening was far less noisome and stressful as a result.

Butch's daughter (from his first marriage to Pam, who most of us still love to death), Ashely, was in attendance with her wonderful husband David (Ashley's brother Travis had a little Christmas snit with his dad Butch about three years ago and no one in the family, outside of Ashley, has had the pleasure (?) of his company since).

Cousin Rick and his second wife, Susan, were there.  We had a most agreeable reunion and chatted amiably throughout the evening.  Rick's children from his first wife, Rosemary (whom I continue to love), were represented by twin girls Lauren and Lindsey, and son Wil (son Garrick being sick at home in his "trailer" which he shared with his girl friend Amanda before she took their daughter, Addison, and moved her butt back into her parents' house).  Addison, my cousin Rick's granddaughter, lighted up the room.  She's three years old and Christmas, to her, is MAGIC.  And she knows how to work it, too!

Cousin Debra, her second husband Rob (her first husband was Tom, whom she divorced some time before his tragic motorcycle accident.  Tom was Rob's first cousin, so Debra stayed "in that family", so to speak), and son Chad, with girlfriend Callie, and daughter Becky, with boyfriend Jeremy, were all there.

It was a nice gathering and, oddly, no one asked my why I never married.

Go figure.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 04:57:38 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2007, 04:59:34 AM »

Another thought:  Considering Addison, who is three -- imagine Michelle Pfeiffer as a 3-year-old and you have an image of Addison.

Garrick, Addison's dad, is Rick's eldest son.  He has, for some time, had a drug/alcohol addiciton problem.  He's a "mean drunk", too.  So things aren't too settled with Garrick, although he's trying to pull his life together and recently received a promotion at work (although what that work is I could not say).

Ginny

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2007, 05:00:27 AM »

Day after Christmas greetings!  Last night I was so tired I could hardly stay awake to see all of NCIS and went to bed shortly after 9pm.  Today I'm much refreshed and looking forward to the last of my 5-in-a-row off.  Richard and I are planning a Sweeney Todd matinee, a trip to Border's, and possibly meeting my relatives at the local Mexican jernt for dinner.  They're probably leaving for Michigan tomorrow.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 05:06:05 AM »

I am off to work in a few minutes.  Hopefully, I can get hold of my doctor and find out what the next phase of treatment for pneumonia will be.  The antibotics have come and gone, and if anything, I am feeling worse.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2007, 05:18:51 AM »

Ginny, I will be interested to read your contribution to the SWEENEY TODD discussion.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2007, 05:20:40 AM »

I have no managed to drive away Arnold, Ron, and now Ginny.  My work here is done.  Have a good day.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2007, 05:42:01 AM »

DR TCB - I'm still here, just away from the computer for a few minutes.  Are you sure you should be going back to work?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2007, 05:46:21 AM »

More on Christmas presents - DN Laura brought works of her own hands - some lovely notecards and a librarian angel, complete with Merriam-Webster dictionary in her hands.  I love, love, love handmade gifts, both to give and receive.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 05:46:57 AM by Ginny »

FJL

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2007, 06:01:26 AM »

Going to Red Bank, New Jersey today to see Bill Parry perform in a play called Ghost's Bargain.  It's based on a short story Dickens wrote after Christmas Carol, but the story synopsis suggests some elements similar to Christmas Carol.

Jennifer

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2007, 06:02:10 AM »

Happy Boxing Day everyone!

Since Boxing Day seems to be much more celebrated in Canada than in the US it made me think of a food dilemna i've been having.

I have a recipe for Reese's peanut butter cups (which i love.  It is a US recipe. And it asks for "powdered sugar."

Now this is not an ingredient that we use here. I even asked my mom and aunt who bake a lot.

But what i am wondering for the food experts. Is it the same as what we here call "icing sugar"?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 06:05:16 AM by Jennifer »

Ginny

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2007, 06:04:44 AM »

DR Jennifer - powdered sugar is also called confectioner's sugar...

Jennifer

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2007, 06:09:15 AM »

DR Jennifer - powdered sugar is also called confectioner's sugar...

Thanks, but that name also doesn't mean anything to me (i will ask my mom if means anything to her).

I think it must be the same as what we here call icing sugar. Does that name mean anything to you?

It's what we use to make icing! (hence the name). For instance if you mix cream cheese and icing sugar you get cream cheese frosting. Or to make my banana bread icing i use icing sugar and mushed bananas.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2007, 06:11:49 AM »

Jennifer, I would say that icing sugar is confectioners or powdered sugar.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2007, 06:12:54 AM »

Good morning, all!  I have another quiet day planned: some work on Victor Herbert shows here and a trek to the NYPL to drop off a gift for my friend Bob in the Music Division.

DR td, the tune in my head was indeed from IT'S A BIRD IT'S A PLANE, but I couldn't get your lyric to lead me there.

DR TCB, take care of yourself.

DR JMK, last night I was too tired to begin thinking about the half-step melody, and it still hasn't come to me.

BK, the only credit I know of for Anus Danis is the LITTLE SHOP revival, but I did hear her announce they've got two upcoming projects, one a musical by Larry Gatlin and I forget the other. Nor do I care.

This morning I have cartons and packing crap to cart down to the basement and  treks to the market and bank.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2007, 06:12:55 AM »

DR Jennifer - powdered/confectioner's sugar is what we use to make icing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up