Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SUCKY AND THE YUCKY VS. THE DUCKY AND THE LUCKY  (Read 72460 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE SUCKY AND THE YUCKY VS. THE DUCKY AND THE LUCKY
« Reply #270 on: February 04, 2008, 07:14:40 PM »

I'm still exhausted.  I'm listening to a sort of fun musical from Germany - never heard of it - I got it because the music is by Harold Faltermeyer, who scored quite a few 80s films like Beverly Hills Cop and Thief of Hearts.  It's quite tuneful, has a nice-sized orchestra with strings and everything, and the singers are very good.  Anyone heard of it?  It's called Wake Up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #271 on: February 04, 2008, 07:14:56 PM »

At long last page ten.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #272 on: February 04, 2008, 07:15:22 PM »

Will we never get to page eleven?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #273 on: February 04, 2008, 07:22:39 PM »

And definately less than was shown in Kansas City Trucking Co.

:o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o

And what makes you think that dear, sweet, innocent Jennifer would know anything about Kansas City Trucking Co.?? :o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #274 on: February 04, 2008, 07:29:45 PM »

And what makes you think that dear, sweet, innocent Jennifer would know anything about Kansas City Trucking Co.?? :o
::)

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Michael

« Reply #275 on: February 04, 2008, 07:30:07 PM »

You are correct, DR SWW.  I've seen that clip before - and in a better, cleaner copy.  If I'm remembering correctly, the vid is from either a tribute show for Cameron Mackintosh or an awards ceremony.

Actually I believe it was from the annual Royal Command Performance. It is taped/broadcast around Christmas time. I used to see these specials when i lived in Canada on the CBC
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #276 on: February 04, 2008, 07:33:08 PM »

So many people just sitting there like so much fish.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #277 on: February 04, 2008, 07:33:25 PM »

I'm relaxing now, doing LP transfers.

Kerry

« Reply #278 on: February 04, 2008, 07:33:32 PM »

I think he should play Caroline, the moo cow.

:-*

Ah, but which end of the cow?

I like boat races.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #279 on: February 04, 2008, 07:36:50 PM »

Ooh, we've just gone to Moroder Flashdance land.  And this song is in English, rather than German.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #280 on: February 04, 2008, 07:37:03 PM »

80s man!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #281 on: February 04, 2008, 07:37:21 PM »

I'm exhausted, in case I haven't mentioned it yet.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #282 on: February 04, 2008, 07:38:54 PM »

I'm exhausted, in case I haven't mentioned it yet.

As if it needs to be mentioned?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #283 on: February 04, 2008, 07:48:06 PM »

I'm relaxing now, doing LP transfers.

BK, I know it's not Wednesday's Ask BK Questions Day (no really, I do), but when you make CDs from LPs, whether you keep the LPs or sell them, do you scan or copy the record covers to make CD booklets or do you just type out lists of the songs?

I personally like to scan the covers and make booklets with the original artwork.  At work, we have a copy machine that's also a scanner, and if we don't actually print anything (which would cost), we can scan images and e-mail them to our work e-mail, which I can then e-mail to my home e-mail and make a booklet. :) I have to scan each side of the cover twice and patch it together, but that's better than my home scanner where I have to scan each side at least four times!  I was very happy when we got this copier/scanner at work...and were given permission to use it for personal use if we don't do anything that incurs a cost, like printing :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #284 on: February 04, 2008, 07:48:15 PM »

DR Jose - how old is this Evita tour?  Or is this new?  (another new tour.... oy)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #285 on: February 04, 2008, 07:51:57 PM »

DR Jose - how old is this Evita tour?  Or is this new?  (another new tour.... oy)

Another suitcase in another hall...

Another bunch of actors on the bus....

This tour went out last year.  It's non-Equity, and it's still directed and supervised by Larry Fuller, the original choreographer.  I'm guessing it's a good tour.  However, this tour is also going out with the "new" orchestrations.  I believe it tours with a band of five(?!?!?), and the new arrangements were apparently supervised and approved by Sir ALW himself.  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #286 on: February 04, 2008, 07:53:58 PM »

Hmm... My roommates want me to make cookies.  Right now.  Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #287 on: February 04, 2008, 07:57:03 PM »

This tour went out last year.  It's non-Equity, and it's still directed and supervised by Larry Fuller, the original choreographer.  I'm guessing it's a good tour.  However, this tour is also going out with the "new" orchestrations.  I believe it tours with a band of five(?!?!?), and the new arrangements were apparently supervised and approved by Sir ALW himself.  :-\

Goes out with a band of 5?  Are they not using local players on their stops?  Yikes

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #288 on: February 04, 2008, 08:04:13 PM »

Goes out with a band of 5?  Are they not using local players on their stops?  Yikes

No locals hired.  I believe almost all the tour personnel are non-union.

As for the small band, Evita is not the only ALW show to have new "streamlined" orchestrations.  I'm not sure why they were reduced, but they were.  And from what I understand, even though R&H still licenses and rents out the original 23-22 piece orchestration, they too will soon be licensing the new reduced orchestrations.  But I may be totally wrong about that.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #289 on: February 04, 2008, 08:11:57 PM »

DR Jennifer, I have no idea if you would like any of those shows, but I can tell you that DAMAGES and DEXTER are both superlative shows unlike anything else on television. EXTRAS is absolutely hilarious to me, but comedy is a personal thing, and for some, Ricky Gervais' ultra dry, ultra droll sense of humor leaves them flat.

Again, all I can say is to sample them yourself and see what you think. In the case of DEXTER and DAMAGES, the first episodes pretty much set the tone for both series, so if you don't like the first show, you won't like the rest of them.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #290 on: February 04, 2008, 08:14:50 PM »

I began my evening by finishing SOUL FOOD. SOme highly melodramatic situations put in the last episode to serve as cliffhangers for the next season. Really just found the show OK and nothing more.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #291 on: February 04, 2008, 08:14:54 PM »

I have nothing to say, except that it is cold and drippy outside.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #292 on: February 04, 2008, 08:16:26 PM »

Next, since I watched the first part of that two part CLOSER off TNT-HD last night, I put in the DVD tonight so I could watch the second half of that story again. ENjoyed it a lot, and I have to say that the second season DVDs look really wonderful upconverted to HD.

Matt H.

« Reply #293 on: February 04, 2008, 08:18:37 PM »

Next, I watched tonight's TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES. Brian Bloom was a primary guest star, and he's looking more beautiful than ever, even if he was playing a cyborg. Dressed in Army fatigues, he was quite a sight!

And the newest Terminator is being played by Garrett Dillahunt who always does a great job. I enjoyed the episode tonight a lot.

Matt H.

« Reply #294 on: February 04, 2008, 08:19:56 PM »

I concluded my evening by watching last night's post-Super Bowl episode of HOUSE. DR Jane was completely correct: it was a super episode and Mira Sorvino was terrific. A really nice surprise as the mystery disease, and an even nicer surprise at the end of the show about Wilson.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #295 on: February 04, 2008, 08:31:13 PM »

BK, I know it's not Wednesday's Ask BK Questions Day (no really, I do), but when you make CDs from LPs, whether you keep the LPs or sell them, do you scan or copy the record covers to make CD booklets or do you just type out lists of the songs?

I personally like to scan the covers and make booklets with the original artwork.  At work, we have a copy machine that's also a scanner, and if we don't actually print anything (which would cost), we can scan images and e-mail them to our work e-mail, which I can then e-mail to my home e-mail and make a booklet. :) I have to scan each side of the cover twice and patch it together, but that's better than my home scanner where I have to scan each side at least four times!  I was very happy when we got this copier/scanner at work...and were given permission to use it for personal use if we don't do anything that incurs a cost, like printing :D

I don't do the covers - I have a nice CD cover template that I use with the thin cases, and I type out the song list on the back of that, so I have the album title on the front and the program info when you open the case.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #296 on: February 04, 2008, 08:32:01 PM »

I think I'll do a couple more instrumental covers of shows, i.e. Ray Ellis doing How To Succeed and Frank Chacksfield doing She Loves Me.

George

« Reply #297 on: February 04, 2008, 08:32:33 PM »

Okay, talk about a small world:  I got an e-mail just this evening from someone, inviting me to join Facebook.  So, I did.  I put in my profile that I went to Western Washington University, class of '89 (which I did).  I clicked on the WWU link and one of the people who had also signed up on Facebook was Kari (pronounced Kah-ree).  She was a friend of mine at Western!  Not a close friend, but a friend.  I couldn't view her profile (I don't know why) but I viewed her friends list and one is from Olympia!  (I don't know him.)  I clicked on his link and was able to view his profile and the two comments that he has are from Kari.  One says that she's "on the national tour of Evita singing my little heart out - ha ha!"  And the other says, "Congrats! Too bad -- we actually played Olympia last November (tho not such a great theatre)."  

Not a great theater??  That was the Washington Center, where I usher all the time!  I was asked to work backstage for that show but I couldn't because I was in Nite of the Living Dead!  I would've seen her!  And think...today, just when Jose and Matthew posted here about the national tour of Evita, I got an e-mail to join Facebook, and saw someone I knew in college who is in that exact tour!

What a coinkydink! ;D

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 08:38:59 PM by George »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #298 on: February 04, 2008, 08:38:35 PM »

Okay, talk about a small world:  I got an e-mail just this evening from someone, inviting me to join Facebook.  So, I did.  I put in my profile that I went to Western Washington University, class of '89 (which I did).  I clicked on the WWU link and one of the people who had also signed up on Facebook was Kari (pronounced Kah-ree).  She was a friend of mine at Western!  Not a close friend, but a friend.  I couldn't view her profile (I don't know why) but I viewed her friends list and one is from Olympia!  (I don't know him.)  I clicked on his link and was able to view his profile and the two comments that he has are from Kari.  One says that she's "on the national tour of Evita singing my little heart out - ha ha!"  And the other says, "Congrats! Too bad -- we actually played Olympia last November (tho not such a great theatre)."  

Not a great theater??  That was the Washington Center, where I usher all the time!  I was asked to work backstage for that show but I couldn't because I was in Nite of the Living Dead!  I would've seen her!  And think...today, just when I joined Facebook and saw that Kari was in the tour of Evita, Jose and Matthew posted here about it!  

What a coinkydink! ;D

...And from what I recall, there are actually a couple of cast members from Washington State on the tour right now.  I remember them flying in from Seattle to audition for the tour... And then flying back again for their callbacks.  Of course, totally at the their own expense.  And I believe the guy was hired sort of at the last moment, and had something like three days to fly back to Seattle, get his stuff in order, and then fly back to New York city for rehearsals.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #299 on: February 04, 2008, 08:42:54 PM »

I have some writing to finish up, and then I'm heading down to bed.

Good night!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up